2022 Junior Worlds: General Info | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022 Junior Worlds: General Info

Country
Norway
I didn´t realize before now that this literally will be in the easter holiday! I guess skaters have to clear their holiday plan, but looking at it from the host perspective, it´s actually a very good idea to get a lot of audience. This could turn out to be a very fun event! Friends and family from the skaters might go as well as parts of their holiday.

On the downside, I hope there isn´t difficulties with getting hold and find plane tickets because of the holiday or that the expenses will be dramatically different.

sissyfritz

Rinkside
Country
United-Kingdom
Does anyone know if they're planning to sell tickets for the event? I've scoured the net for info but can't find anything anywhere and it's only a few weeks away!

I'm going to be in Helsinki for a few days that weeks and since it's a very easy ferry ride over to Tallinn, I thought I might like to go support the juniors.

bobmcm

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if they're planning to sell tickets for the event? I've scoured the net for info but can't find anything anywhere and it's only a few weeks away!

I'm going to be in Helsinki for a few days that weeks and since it's a very easy ferry ride over to Tallinn, I thought I might like to go support the juniors.
I am also planning to attend to support the Junior skaters, but its impossible to get any helpful information... How can there be no real info about a worlds championship event happening in a few weeks!

cyndyt

Rinkside
This is the link I was provided for tickets sales:

bobmcm

Rinkside
Country
United-States
This is the link I was provided for tickets sales:

Thanks so much!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The time schedule is up. Awful for me---Easter Sunday, the Free Dance starts at 4:45 am EDT, and the Women FS at 8:45. I am the cantor in the church choir, and I HAVE to be there starting at 8 am Sunday until noon. So for me, it will be replays on Peacock for the last two events of the season.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
.... So for me, it will be replays on Peacock for the last two events of the season.

btw: USFS is steering U.S. viewers to watch Junior Worlds on Skating ISU channel on YouTube. (Which would suggest that Peacock Premium will not have coverage.)
See USFS Competition Central page (scroll down):

If anyone needs the link to the Estonian federation's site for Junior Worlds:

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Well, if USFS is pushing us to watch on youtube/Skating ISU, I assume that means that it won't be geoblocked in the USA. I don't see anything mentioned on Peacock so I think that's a good assumption that they won't be showing it. IIRC, none of the NBC affiliated channels (broadcast or streaming) has ever shown World Jr Champs before.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
btw: USFS is steering U.S. viewers to watch Junior Worlds on Skating ISU channel on YouTube. (Which would suggest that Peacock Premium will not have coverage.)
See USFS Competition Central page (scroll down):

If anyone needs the link to the Estonian federation's site for Junior Worlds:

Wow...if this is live and on demand, I think I will have died and gone to heaven! The PDT shift really isnt too bad....Thank you!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Does anyone know why Mia Kalin isn't among the US entries? Is she injured?

LoisAGOEs

Rinkside
Does anyone know why Mia Kalin isn't among the US entries? Is she injured?
She was 6th at Junior Nationals. Although it’s impressive that she has a quad, frankly her overall skating, technique, and components quality have nothing on Thorngren, Levito, and Seo.

For her to not even be considered as an alternate I assume things didn’t go well at the US Junior decider camp post-Nationals.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... For her to not even be considered as an alternate I assume things didn’t go well at the US Junior decider camp post-Nationals.

AFAIK, Mia Kalin was not seen in any public photos from Junior World selection camp.
FWIW, I would say that it is possible that she was not invited to the camp? Although I do not know for sure.

(The photos from the camp that I saw showed only Isabeau Levito, Clare Seo, Ava Ziegler, Josephine Lee, and Kanon Smith.)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mia Kalin needs lots of hard work on her basic skating skills before she can be considered for an ISU Championship event. She might get another chance at the JGP, but that's about it.

Kanon Smith, OTOH, is promising---but she's been injured this past season.