2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Pairs Free Skate | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Pairs Free Skate

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
It think they were not shown on the live NBC broadcast in the USA. Has anyone heard if there were any repercussions from the fall of M/G. Hope they are ok. After watching M/G, K/F and Kamila on day 3, I think doing both short and free programs was too much. Kamila looked like she was sick. Being a child she probably needed a good hug.
M/G said they really struggled with the early starting time. They had to get up at 4 am and they were really tired.

rain

Record Breaker
IMO Eric and Vanessa both now can be in their artistic freedom, without any pressure to win, win! all what they need is a good coach and choreographer who can guide them in their journey; a coach with good vision where to lead them. Either R/J will accomplish their dream/journey is unfathomable... Age can be a factor. And coach. There has to be a coach who has an experience, and a vision. Skaters cannot guide themselves, a presence of good guide is must.

I am not a fan of their current choreo or music. IMO it would be great for them to skate to classical music.They both would be great to skate Chopin for example...to try, to risk, to explore and to find.
This is the one thing that has disappointed me about the new pairing. Their music choices are blah, and the choreography nothing special. This team has stunning, long lines and they need something that really highlights this. I hope they stick around for a few more seasons, as I think they're just getting started and have so much more potential (also, Canada has a dearth of pairs).

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
This is the one thing that has disappointed me about the new pairing. Their music choices are blah, and the choreography nothing special. This team has stunning, long lines and they need something that really highlights this. I hope they stick around for a few more seasons, as I think they're just getting started and have so much more potential (also, Canada has a dearth of pairs).
It’s kind of the thing that really sets them back a bit, even in the smaller field yesterday, IMO. They had some very good elements overall, but even though the edit of the song in the FS is effective, it feels like it goes nowhere, especially for a pair with as much experience and interpretation abilities like they have. If they were young and bland, I don‘t think it would show, but their FS feels like a Gala number that‘s pretty to watch between the other big stars.

They did compete well, though. And if they were willing to stay for a couple more seasons, they could get some medals for themselves, I’m sure. Still think they decided to come back too late.

rain

Record Breaker
It’s kind of the thing that really sets them back a bit, even in the smaller field yesterday, IMO. They had some very good elements overall, but even though the edit of the song in the FS is effective, it feels like it goes nowhere, especially for a pair with as much experience and interpretation abilities like they have. If they were young and bland, I don‘t think it would show, but their FS feels like a Gala number that‘s pretty to watch between the other big stars.

They did compete well, though. And if they were willing to stay for a couple more seasons, they could get some medals for themselves, I’m sure. Still think they decided to come back too late.
I guess the thing is, that this program is fine for a team in their first year together who are trying to gel. But it's an Olympic year and more is expected. It's really too bad they didn't give themselves another year before the Olympics to get all the kinks out. I think they could really have been top contenders. Also, just in general, I'd stay away from anything with lyrics "I'm falling again" repeated over and over. When things don't go well it's a really unfortunate mix.

But I thought they looked really good in that LP, and do actually think they should have been a place higher. Looking forward to the individual event.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Geoblocked in the Czech Republic and J/R weren´t shown on CzechTV:( Is there any way of getting over the geoblocking?Thanks a lot!
Use VPN. I'm using commercial from AVG as a part of antivir protection, but there are also free programs available. Opera browser which is available for free has VPN incorporated. Using VPN you can virtually change your location for such that is not geoblocked for particular vids.

iexela

Rinkside
Use VPN. I'm using commercial from AVG as a part of antivir protection, but there are also free programs available. Opera browser which is available for free has VPN incorporated. Using VPN you can virtually change your location for such that is not geoblocked for particular vids.
Many thanks!!!

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I haven't really followed pairs much since 2018, but I'm really looking forward to their "showdown".
M/G are still developing as a young team. Yes, they perform great technically, but this season, their material doesn't stand out. It does not live up to what Moskvina gave them last season. For me, it's a backtrack on music and choreo. As well, they aren't making any progress in their fp with advancing a palpable connection with each other. The music is pedestrian and does nothing to enhance them at all. Yeah, their elements are brilliant and pretty consistent, but not perfect all the time. Just enough for the judges to be in love with them though. M/G do not have the piece de resistance and magic presence that S/H have on the ice. The chief leverage M/G has is on the technical side due to S/H having suffered injuries in recent years.

In any case, I don't find it to be an exciting battle between S/H and M/G. For me, it would be cool if T/M actually turned on the burners and laid down perfect programs and upset S/H and M/G for gold. But I know, that's probably unlikely. It's possible, but T/M haven't shown that kind of competitive fortitude in a long time. I think it's more exciting when there are a number of different teams at the top of their game who bring different variety to the ice. But since the battle is expected to be mainly between S/H and M/G, I would prefer seeing S/H work their magic, especially after staying in this long in their hunt for Olympic gold -- and they are skating in their home country.

Top-notch skill, variety, and depth at the top is why pairs was more exciting in 2018. That's when Sav/Mas, S/H, Duhamel/Radford, and T/M were battling, with J/C also capable of being in the podium mix (if not for the judges' tendency to hold J/C's scores down when they skated well). It's so interesting that influential music choices by J/C in the last few years of their career are still very popular selections in all disciplines today (e.g., Make It Rain; Sound of Silence; Earned It; Say Something, et al).

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Well, the fact that the battle is apparently between two teams doesn’t mean there can’t be an upset. Both T/M and B/K could reach gold. And four other pairs, the Americans and the Japanese, along with P/J, could have an outside shot of podium. Too many variables for the latter, but we’ve seen unexpected results before. Especially if the TE scores are any indication of what is to come.

Even a good showing from the Canadians could throw something unexpected into the mix, but their scores at the TE are not really an indication that they’ll have “priority scoring” over the rest.

What I’m missing is a stronger presence from Europe at the top. We had French and Italians last time, and I also miss the Czech, who were super young back in 2018. The current Europeans are firmly in the first and second groups in the FS, barring big surprises.