2022 Skate America location revealed (Norwood, Mass.) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America location revealed (Norwood, Mass.)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also was able to buy a ticket package - I'm sitting in Row K, seat 1 in section 118 on the aisle (not the handicapped seat). It's such a small venue that I don't mind sitting in the last row. I chose the PDF download. The SCOB box office said they can print them for you if you don't have access to a printer. They are so accommodating!

As an aside, I think USFS missed an opportunity in not promoting the FOFS pre-sale on the main sale page. They could have gotten more FOFS members since tickets are probably going fast for the smaller venue and some might be concerned about missing out.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Just a note of information regarding hotel reservations. I checked the list of hotels at the USFSA site: https://usfigureskating.hotelplanne...one/0/5/none/none/none/1/0/0/0/1/1/results/0/. I then called the number listed for Homewood Suites on that site and the site it linked to for Homewood Suites. Both reservation agents said they could only book a room with my credit card being charged upfront for the whole cost of the reservation.

The second reservation agent was kind enough to recommend that I call the hotel directly and see if they could reserve me a room for which I could pay at the hotel at the time of arrival. I then searched online for the hotel's website and got the telephone number for that location (not a toll free number) which I then called. The hotel clerk could not find any special rates listed for the skating comp but did quote me a AAA rate which was about $40 less than the "pay at the hotel rates" listed at the Homewood Suites site linked from the above page (approximately $166 versus $212).

So it may be worth your time to call directly to the hotel to get a reservation.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The actual price I got is not quite as good as stated in my previous post. I just received a confirmation email from Homewood Suites and the $166 price was only for my arrival night of 19 October. There is a different price for each night: Thursday - $166.00, Friday - $179.01, Saturday - $270.01, Sunday - $134.01, Monday - $132.01. So the average price per night for the four nights from Thursday through Sunday is actually $187.26.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also was able to buy a ticket package - I'm sitting in Row K, seat 1 in section 118 on the aisle (not the handicapped seat). It's such a small venue that I don't mind sitting in the last row. I chose the PDF download. The SCOB box office said they can print them for you if you don't have access to a printer. They are so accommodating!

As an aside, I think USFS missed an opportunity in not promoting the FOFS pre-sale on the main sale page. They could have gotten more FOFS members since tickets are probably going fast for the smaller venue and some might be concerned about missing out.
I can’t buy any until next month so I hope they don’t sell out.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there a reason why they chose locations inaccessible by transit for major events? That kind of crazy given that they expect people to travel to them… i could never understand this logic.
It is not inaccessible for me. A 21 hour train trip (faster and cheaper than driving). The Amtrak drops me off at the T station. I then take the T to Norwood (or close as possible). Then Uber to hotel. Lake Placid - now that’s inaccessible. Amtrak keeps telling me “you can’t get there from here.” Vegas is too far and I’d have to fly.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like tickets are selling really well. If I am reading things correctly, Sections 105, -6, -7 and 114, -15, -16 are completely sold out. Those are the mid-ice sections on both sides. Other sections are doing well too.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like tickets are selling really well. If I am reading things correctly, Sections 105, -6, -7 and 114, -15, -16 are completely sold old. Those are the mid-ice sections on both sides. Other sections are doing well too.

Yes, you are correct. I just checked out of curiosity and those sections are sold out - I think there may be some tickets available in the wheelchair accessible section (105-108) behind those rows.

There are plenty of tickets available in the corner sections, including mine (118, last four rows). I always prefer the corner sections, that's where you get a great view of the jumps. And I've heard there's not really a bad seat in the house at SCOB.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There are plenty of tickets available in the corner sections, including mine (118, last four rows). I always prefer the corner sections, that's where you get a great view of the jumps. And I've heard there's not really a bad seat in the house at SCOB.
I love the corners too and am on the same end as you are but the opposite corner. I think that's the K&C end. Not sure where the judges would be. It's great they've sold so many all-event, and hopefully there will be a few single tickets available for those who are interested.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
An email sent out by Brent Diederich today says that there are 500 tickets remaining. I'm assuming that's all-event, since that's what's up for sale right now. I went in and took a quick look at the seating charts, and it's easy to see that sales are going well. Hopefully the single tickets will do well too.

Lipinski boy

Rinkside
I’m just happy we’re finally leaving that Las Vegas arena with the cardboard cutouts of the Geiko Gecko staring at the camera…

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m just happy we’re finally leaving that Las Vegas arena with the cardboard cutouts of the Geiko Gecko staring at the camera…

I looove the Geiko Gecko. :) and the cardboard cutouts were a necessity at the time.

But the East Coast deserves some love, so I am glad for the Norwood selection.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The gecko was cute. On the other hand, the giant orange-and-yellow "Ollies: Good Stuff Cheap" board advertisement will not be missed.

You must not have the pleasure of having an Ollie's two miles from your house, we like good stuff cheap;). But until Nats I had no idea it was a national chain.:oops:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think we have an Ollie's anywhere near us. The first time I even heard of Ollie's was @ USA figure skating events (as one of the advertisers). Not familiar @ all with the Ollie's mascot.