2022 Team Japan (Olympics/4CC/JWC/WC) | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2022 Team Japan (Olympics/4CC/JWC/WC)

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
Fed team selection annoncement

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Lol, not Mai getting 76/77 TES twice this season while Mana didn't achieve that with her 3A. And in SP, she's just 3 points behind. If scoring potential is a factor, i think it's clear that at this point, Mai can score the same if not more in both programs.

If promoting the new generation was really important they would have given a chance to Tomoe to compete at worlds.

They just send whoever they want, that's all.

Anyway, i'm tired of hoping for my faves. Fed always find a way not to give them spots and when they do everything to get them, competitions are cancelled (my poor Hana)

With wakaba's luck, we will discover a Shaka variant in january, olys will be postponed and fed will restart selections.
Take in mind Mana has been underscored a lot in PCS this season, I don't see her being worst than Mihara in that area, I seriously hope she can get better scores now that she is selected for olympics and worlds, and Mai didn't get 76/77 in TES neither asian open or nationals

Last edited:

readernick

Medalist
Take in mind Mana has been underscored a lot in PCS this season, I don't see her being worst than Mihara in that area, I seriously hope she can get better scores now that she is selected for olympics and worlds, and Mai didn't get 76/77 in TES neither asian open or nationals
While I personally enjoy watching Mana more from an unbiased position I find Mai to be superior to Mana from a PCS standpoint. Great SS, more transitions and more attention to detail. Mana , like Kaori, is all speed no finesse. But, I think Mana has more potential to improve and imho Mana was underscored in TES at both GPs. Mia was overscored in TES because her URS were ignored. I saw them but the technical panel didn't.

I have been rooting for Mana Kawabe because she is originally from my hometown but she moved to Kyoto with her mom to work with Hamada three years ago. The local media calls her Cinderella as she came out of nowhere to grab the Olympic spot. Mana could not land the triple axel until this year's Japan Open. Recently, Hamada had a personal conflict with Oda who pushed skaters to study harder but we should respect what she does as long as her pupils are successful in figure skating.

I respectfully find your last sentence a bit troubling. This is how abuse is allowed to continue. Just because a coach is successful doesn't mean they should be respected. What I have heard about her methods, was very very troubling. Honestly, very abusive. Throwing a skater to the ice and constantly grabbing their ponytail while screaming that they are fat, isn't ok or in anyway helpful. Is it ok to be abusive as long as you are successful? To me, no especially when kids are involved. So, I love some of the skaters who came from her camp including my absolute favorite Rika and I love Mana but I don't respect the coach. I respect her skaters.