2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Women's Free Skate | Page 51 | Golden Skate

2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Women's Free Skate

DancingCactus

Final Flight
Muhaha! Kaori is champion and that's all I wanted from this event, so I'm HAPPY. The other two were also really great and Mariah should get a medal for the happiest smile during a performance.
I'm a little sad for Wakaba, this was her chance to podium and she squandered it, but overall I'm just so satisfied that Kaori won.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Muhaha! Kaori is champion and that's all I wanted from this event, so I'm HAPPY. The other two were also really great and Mariah should get a medal for the happiest smile during a performance.
I'm a little sad for Wakaba, this was her chance to podium and she squandered it, but overall I'm just so satisfied that Kaori won.
There was this one season where Kaori just was so down and didn't get good results (I think it was the season Mai was sick) and said in interviews things like 'I don't know how long I'll even continue' and it's just so healing to see her now.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
What a fantastic competition this was!! I loooved it.

Yes, a lot of girls didn't have the skate they wanted, but I loved it anyway.

Kaori-san - my fave Japanese girl. Finally she made it! The power she has when she skates is just outstanding. Two mindblowing performances from her and a very well deserved new World Champion.

Loena - I just love her. She proves that Europe can have great skaters outside Russia. Very impressive that she held it together with an injury. Fantastic.

Alysa - I just lover her skating. She has an energy that appeals to me a lot. I usually don't get US skaters but Alysa (and Mariah) is an exception. Great stuff.

I can't believe my girl Gubanova came 6th!!! At the beginning of the season I was so worried she wouldn't make the SB list Top 24 to get a GP a spot (and she didn't). But no worries now. Top 12 at Worlds are guaranteed two GP spots (so good news also for Lee, Chen, Ryabova, Schott, Higuchi and Schizas).

I'm so glad that Japan kept their 3 spots for next year, and so did the US. And I love that Korea will finally have 3 skaters as well.

Sorry for Canada, still just one spot next year I'm afraid.

BIG congratulations to all the medalists. 🍾 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾 (finally my emojis are working again!)

I missed my girl Anna Shcherbakova though.

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A fantastic event. A true World podium--Asia, Europe, North America. Thrilled for Alysa. And all three were so happy. Kaori amazing. Loena skates better injured than healthy! And Mariah was a deserving fourth place. The top four ladies were amazing.

16Olympics

On the Ice
So very happy for all the top ladies. today. Great competition. Congratulations Kaori!!!!!! She's a treasure and a joy to watch.
Big cheers for the US ladies taking 3rd and 4th. It's been a long year for all of these women but the end was a really big show.

Erin9

On the Ice
YES!!!! Kaori did it!!!

I am so happy for her And for Loena for her silver, she is quite the fighter.

Congrats to Alysa too for a well deserved bronze. Awesome result in the end.

Yes. This is a great result.

Kaori is WC. :) Bet she didn’t see that coming at the beginning of the season. Lol

Super excited for Leona and Belgium! That is so cool. (Has Belgium ever medaled in fs? It’s so rare in general to see non- Russian Europeans on the podium.)

Alysa is just a joy to watch.