2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Women's Free Skate | Page 52 | Golden Skate

2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Women's Free Skate

Cilla70

On the Ice
Another best figure skating day ever. Yeah. Watched some great ice dancing, which had a Ukrainian team whose RD reflectEd what is happening in their country. Enjoyable women’s skating. An appreciative crowd who cheered for the skaters even when they were not at their best. Three deserving skaters on the podium and a medal ceremony full of smiles.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is the first time ever that a medal ceremony and victory lap will go into my "Frequently Watched Pile."

That was just beautiful. Genuine joy, mutual respect, tears of pride and gratitude... the whole thing made my heart sing.

alizardbeth

Spectator
Country
Canada
Catching up slightly late because of time zones, but I loved watching and I'm so happy with the end result!

Kaori - she absolutely wowed me at the Olympics, and she has continued to wow me every time I've seen her since (I have been going through the ISU's youtube and watching old competitions). I think she is my favorite woman currently skating. There is such love for what she's doing in her programs, and her skating is smooth and strong. Well-deserved gold.

Loena - her FS blew me away. And she's injured?! I genuinely didn't notice the tape(?) on her leg until the commentator mentioned it. So confident on the ice and I loved her expression.

Alysa - very nice, clean FS. Love the energy in her skating, and I am amazed that she is that young and yet is able to interpret complex music so well.

Mariah - honestly, if an American woman was going to be on the podium, I was rooting for her. Love, love her emotion and grace on the ice. Hallelujah is not my favorite choice for music, but her version is one of the best for me.

Was sorry to see so many skaters struggling today (especially Wakaba, totally beautiful and fun program when she hits it well :() but there were a lot of beautiful programs as well! Overall a great watch.

psychotropek

Rinkside
What do we think was in those bouquets that had the ladies so excited? I’m guessing they smelled like Chanel perfume.

Trust the French to do things in style. Remember when they used to give out Lalique pieces at the French Grand Prix? I do :)
I'm not sure, but the fact that they seemed so excited about it after getting medals meant I wanted it too! :D

sworddance21

On the Ice
Duh! Mariah was out of it after she placed behind Alysa.
Well, there is no need to be rude. And no, Mariah was not out of it after she placed behind Alysa. Loena and Kaori still had to skate. Ice is slippery. Loena is injured. There was no telling what was going to happen until it did. And good for Loena and for Kaori, Alysa, and yes, Mariah, who skated beautifully.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, there is no need to be rude. And no, Mariah was not out of it after she placed behind Alysa. Loena and Kaori still had to skate. Ice is slippery. Loena is injured. There was no telling what was going to happen until it did. And good for Loena and for Kaori, Alysa, and yes, Mariah, who skated beautifully.
Sorry. I was caught up in the moment of the event.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
What do we think was in those bouquets that had the ladies so excited? I’m guessing they smelled like Chanel perfume.

Trust the French to do things in style. Remember when they used to give out Lalique pieces at the French Grand Prix? I do :)

I also remember pigeons spooking Leonova at French GP and wet poodles occuring on the ice there.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
cause casual fans sometimes get jumps and spins mixed up....
The question I have is , "How many casual fans watch figure skating on Peacock?" Note that there is lots of curling there too...but I dont think there are many casual fans who watch curling on Peacock...Would really like to see the actual numbers in both cases.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The question I have is , "How many casual fans watch figure skating on Peacock?" Note that there is lots of curling there too...but I dont think there are many casual fans who watch curling on Peacock...Would really like to see the actual numbers in both cases.
Come join us LIVE in the free dance thread...

YagsFan

On the Ice
This is the first time ever that a medal ceremony and victory lap will go into my "Frequently Watched Pile."

That was just beautiful. Genuine joy, mutual respect, tears of pride and gratitude... the whole thing made my heart sing.
May I ask, where did you find the medal ceremony? I just checked youtube and it wasn't there (yet?). Thanks.

withwings

On the Ice
I dared to copy the link for you from the CaroLiza_fan post here on this thread.
Millions thank you CaoLiza_fan for always providing us with the links:thank:!!!

YagsFan

On the Ice
I dared to copy the link for you from the CaroLiza_fan post here on this thread.
Millions thank you CaoLiza_fan for always providing us with the links:thank:!!!
Thank you! I wasn't able to watch from the link (it said it wasn't authorized in my country), but your directing me to the ISU channel did the trick, I found it there. Will be interesting to learn what was so exciting about those flowers, lol~! But yes, the pure joy on all 3 faces, not only for their own accomplishment, but for each other, was fantastic! Thank you again.