2022 Worlds Pre-Game Chat | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2022 Worlds Pre-Game Chat

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Young You. Young You has the best practice so far.

You: 3S, 1Lo, 3Lo, 3Lo, 3F, 3F, 3Lz3T, 3Lz3T, 2A, 3A(ur,step), 3Lz1Eu2S, 3Lz1Eu3S, 2A3T, runthru (3A(ur?), 3Lz3T, 3Lo, 2A, 3Lz1Eu3S, 2A3T(q?), 3F), 3A, 3Lz3T, 2A3T

Higuchi: 2S, 3S, 3Lo(step), 3Lo2T2Lo, 1F, 1F, 3F(e?), 1Lz, 3Lz, runthru (1A, 3Lz3T(q?), 3S, 2A, 3Lz3T(ur?), 3Lo(fall), 3F), 3Lo2T1Eu, 1Lz, 3Lz3T, 1Lz, 3Lz3T, 3Lz3T, 3Lo(fall), 1Lo, 3Lo, 3Lo2T2Lo, 3F, 3S

Sakamoto: 2A, 2A, 3Lz(e?), 3Lz(e?), 3F, 3F3T, 3F3T, 3Lz, 2A, 3F(fall), 3F(step), 3F3T, 3Lz(hangs on), runthru (2A, 3Lz(e?), 3F(turn)1T), 3F3T, 3F, 3F, 3F, 3F(hangs on), 3F(step), 3F3T, 3F3T

Hence, odd Korean addendum.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
SinKats is the abbreviation for the ice dance team of Victoria Sinitsina and Nikita Katsalapov. The thing that gets me about Tarasova and Morozov being at the rally is that their coach's wife (Tatiana Volosozhar) is Ukrainian.
Wow.....I am from a different planet. When we were demonstrating against the Vietnam war, there were riots against the DNC at the Chicago 1968 convention and kids were shot at Kent State. I didnt see one US athlete wear a symbol that they supported LBJ and Nixon's war...the myth of the "silent majority" died when my dad, a stanch conservative, came to me one day and said that if I was drafted, he would take me to Canada.........I wonder who other Russian athletes support his war....?

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I rarely visit competition subforums and this won't change because I am unable to watch competition and chat at the same time (I tried several times and failed :biggrin:).

So, I just came here to say that, be as it may, I am anticipating the upcoming championships. This is first and foremost because I want something good to happen right now and an FS competition is something good. I'm just glad it's not cancelled or postponed or whatever. Happy for all skaters who can come.

Also, this is Post-Olympic Worlds: time for redemption, time for future hopes. Good things can indeed happen... I'll better stop though. I don't want to mention any names because I'm afraid I can jinx it :slink:

corinthia

Rinkside
...I wonder who other Russian athletes support his war....?

Plushy support for Putin : https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/t...-belarus-from-competitions.91473/post-2951333

And since you ask about “athletes” not just skaters:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Plushy support for Putin : https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/t...-belarus-from-competitions.91473/post-2951333

And since you ask about “athletes” not just skaters:
Thanks! Just saw that in the paper......

JOHIO2

Medalist
Poor Donovan He had such a great breakthrough skating at the Olymics. I really wanted him to have a glorious time at this worlds Hope his skates have made it and he has a great time anyway!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Donovan does not have his skates😭. (ETA: his luggage is lost)

It is ridiculas that international figure skaters cant take a sealed hard cover carryon with their skates and put it in the overhead saved for the flight attendants, etc. Or check them at the gate. Rant alert. Knitting needles are OK....and smuggling one of the most dangerous easy to use weapons in history (a police handcuff cable tie) is easy. TSA is an illusion of security. In the 1960s, I carried on a high powered rifle on board an airliner (early boarder) in a case and gave it to the capt who put it in his cockpit for the flight. I picked it up when everyone left the aircraft. Sure, I have no problem with the new rifle rules. This isnt rocket science. Just let figure skaters check their skates at the gate. They go right on the aircraft and right off.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
His was bred, born, raised, lived and trained in Moscow all his life. :scratch2: Same goes for some other skaters participating. I hope ISU starts looking asap into allowing flag switches or independent category for competitors. None of it would have happened if the skaters didn't represent countries, but only themselves.
Really? I actually thought Morisi was born in Georgia. Oh well, I guess one or both of his parents are from there. That's something, eh, that due to representing Georgia (a neutral country, formerly part of the Soviet Union), he's able to go to Worlds.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Really? I actually thought Morisi was born in Georgia. Oh well, I guess one or both of his parents are from there. That's something, eh, that due to representing Georgia (a neutral country, formerly part of the Soviet Union), he's able to go to Worlds.
His parents are from Georgia, but he is a Muscovite and represented Russia for a while, he gets all the benefits, however you chose to interpret it, of being trained by Tutberidze. 🤷‍♀️ It really bugs me that he is in, and Shaidorov is out.