2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Women's Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Women's Free Skate

Idiote

On the Ice
Such a good fight from Isabeau !! Her jump technique is still scary and iffy, but after yesterday it's so nice to see her happy after her skate. I love this program for her ; she's the only one after Kolyada who can do this gorgeous music piece justice and I'll die on that hill 🤍

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
cleanish Isabeau (to my eyes at least). don't you feel her jumping technique is weird? she literally bend over her leg...it became more apparent this year
Her jumping technique is quite literally always discussed because of how bad it is. And the fact that Isabeau is here despite it is a testament to her talent and hard work, and not a testament for this technique that her coach unfortunately is teaching all of her skaters.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
This was Levito’s best outing of her free skate and it’s because she finally got out of that Halloween costume. She landed her jumps tgis time, but they absolutely do not look effortless. The struggle is apparent and distracting.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now I'm wondering what Isabeau's old dress was like!

Right, I just looked up a video on YouTube to see her old dress (I had to re-word that, because what I originally wrote sounded really dodgy if you read it a different way to how I intended!)

I really don't know what to say about it.

Except... Thank goodness she changed it!

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Yes, but I have noticed that too. Maybe she has hypermobile joints and it comes natural that way.
Considering all of her coach's skaters have technique akin to Isabeau's, I don't think it's just a natural thing. Maybe she's been able to make do with this technique because of her natural data, but the technique isn't borne from any potential physical limitations.