2023-24 Russian Local Events – Discussion | Page 47 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Local Events – Discussion

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Zinina has finally landed everything in her SP! She looked very happy right after the skate.

The combo was downgraded. Honestly, I think it wasn't the only jump that was underrotated, but it's still a progress.
From the mixed zone:
- How do you feel after changing a (coaching) team. Maybe some training aspects, technique have changed?
- Can I not answer please. I’m sorry.

Strange question, strange response 🤔

LadyB

Record Breaker
Poor Vadim, he really looked sad there, he was really off kilter. :console:
The jumps were not on his side today, but he still got Silver. Makes me want to watch his SP even more.
I love it when Vika sits next to him. ❤️

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Zinina today:
First four jumping passes were clean
Then she had a failed spin attempt.
And then she didn't manage to skate the second half of the program well after the mistake. But not falls and no pops.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Nice skate by Semion. Great way to finish the season & skate this program for the last time. And he finally finished it with the music.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I've just noticed that I still mistake Zonov for Popov:biggrin: I'll get there next season.
It took me forever to sort Semenenko, Solovyov and Lutfulin from each other.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I've just noticed that I still mistake Zonov for Popov:biggrin: I'll get there next season.
It took me forever to sort Semenenko, Solovyov and Lutfulin from each other.
Both curly-haired? They have different body type though, with Popov sitting far lower in the hip.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh, gosh, what a mixed bag, but this guy keeps skating despite I am sure a huge pressure on him to quit. :ghug:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Maybe I just don't observe them in detail :D
I just really liked both since juniors, and I always thought Popov had lower center of mass unlike most Russian skaters who are longer in the leg and willowy.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Nice, still enough for silver for Danielian. Hopefully I can get to the start now and find Voronov and Lukin. 25 of April day is in the music rights jail.