2023 Canadian Nationals Gala | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals Gala

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I hope so. She earned it for her consistency at these two events.
Fiona also had placed 2nd in the LP at Ice Challenge after a difficult SP.... so since then, she's been very stable. I also attribute the bad SP to the fact that she hasn't received opportunities. I guess she may be penalized because she doesn't have a 3-3 for the SP... She does the 3LoopEU3S in the LP however. Her lutz is huge and it may be difficult for her to ever tag a triple toe after it.. let's hope she can get there soon.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Fiona also had placed 2nd in the LP at Ice Challenge after a difficult SP.... so since then, she's been very stable. I also attribute the bad SP to the fact that she hasn't received opportunities. I guess she may be penalized because she doesn't have a 3-3 for the SP... She does the 3LoopEU3S in the LP however. Her lutz is huge and it may be difficult for her to ever tag a triple toe after it.. let's hope she can get there soon.
Yeah! My friend heard a rumour that she wasn’t sent to Junior Grand Prix circuit due to lack of triple triple 😳; At NextGen, out of the top 8 girls, they only picked the 7 girls with triple triples. Lulu Lin was supposed to go the one that was cancelled (she placed sixth at NextGen). Fiona was 3rd/4th, I forgot, and wasn’t even selected due to lack of this jumping element. She was sent to the Challenger event at Austria instead.
She has all the triples minus the triple triple and she beat all the Juniors that were at NextGen, at these two recent events. Another bad rule Skate Canada has set for their Junior girls, in my opinion. From my perspective, we can have a lady with triple double, that has all her triples and amazing spins and artistry..similar to what Mariah Bell does with her free skates, with high scoring potential.

This rule isn’t valid for Senior Women. They just have to skate past 165 domestically. So, she should just move on to Senior Ladies now that she more than surpassed this total.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yeah! My friend heard a rumour that she wasn’t sent to Junior Grand Prix circuit due to lack of triple triple 😳; At NextGen, out of the top 8 girls, they only picked the 7 girls with triple triples. Lulu Lin was supposed to go the one that was cancelled (she placed sixth at NextGen). Fiona was 3rd/4th, I forgot, and wasn’t even selected due to lack of this jumping element. She was sent to the Challenger event at Austria instead.
She has all the triples minus the triple triple and she beat all the Juniors that were at NextGen, at these two recent events. Another bad rule Skate Canada has set for their Junior girls, in my opinion. From my perspective, we can have a lady with triple double, that has all her triples and amazing spins and artistry..similar to what Mariah Bell does with her free skates, with high scoring potential.

This rule isn’t valid for Senior Women. They just have to skate past 165 domestically. So, she should just move on to Senior Ladies now that she more than surpassed this total.
it's too bad they do not count her 3loopEU3Salchow because that's a potent 3-3 combo...
in any case, at this point, as you said, she will be treated like a senior woman and better get SCI host spot :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Let's watch those archives together when they are up :biggrin:

Nice of them to invite Corey. I didn't count, did they have someone "replace" Keegan?
Why was there one encore, but not three?
They also invited Justine as Lia performed with Trennt.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Turned out TV wasn't the gala, but was pairs and men. Gala broadcast is next week. I am giving up for now. Will either watch later on big-screen computer or wait for TV. My DVR is on it.