2023 Canadian Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skate Picks are up! Be prepared for changes as it's still 11 days away :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Skate Picks are up! Be prepared for changes as it's still 11 days away :)

Thank you !!!!! Hopefully no more withdrawals due to illness or injury... we have had a few already :(

Sackie

Medalist
Really hoping for a few break out performances this year. It's nice when the favs all perform well but it would be nice to see a few up and comers really shine here especially in the ladies' and men's fields. Especially since a lot of the top ones have been faltering lately.
Also wondering who is still age eligible for Jr worlds?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
is nationals gonna be streamed on Dailymotion?
According the website, the competition will be broadcast on CBC and live streamed on CBC Gem. Exact channel allocation and broadcast schedule will be posted on the Skate Canada website closer to the event. Not sure about DailyMotion yet?

Cutting the ice

On the Ice
The CBC has the streaming times up https://www.cbc.ca/sports/streaming-schedule. It can be filtered by sport.

It will be interesting to see who the commentators will be. It is fun to listen to our former champions critique the performances.

Random thought from the past - I remember when Toller Cranston did colour commentary for the CBC. His comments were sometimes a bit harsh - but probably pretty accurate. He didn't last long on TV until he was fired by the CBC. Too bad, I learned a lot about the sport from him. According to his Wikipedia page, he sued the CBC and won!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I see the placeholders on CBC for live broadcast, but only for Jan 14 and 15.
probably not quite updated... French CBC shows it differently

At the same time, I do not expect CBC will show juniors... but the Skate Canada Dailymotion page usually does. I am pretty sure that it will be possible to stream all of it live/watch archives as it has been in the past.
Also, for those who like watching on TV, there is usually extensive coverage directly on TV... not always live obviously, but sometimes, some of it is live + highlights (for instance, they will do SP highlights right before the final flight of the LP etc).

Cutting the ice

On the Ice
probably not quite updated... French CBC shows it differently

At the same time, I do not expect CBC will show juniors... but the Skate Canada Dailymotion page usually does. I am pretty sure that it will be possible to stream all of it live/watch archives as it has been in the past.
Also, for those who like watching on TV, there is usually extensive coverage directly on TV... not always live obviously, but sometimes, some of it is live + highlights (for instance, they will do SP highlights right before the final flight of the LP etc).
Not sure about TV broadcasting (which is what I think your link shows) - I don't tend to look at that list as I dont have a TV anymore (hate the intrusive ads). But good news - the CBC is streaming the Juniors and even the Synchronized Skating - it looks like all events will be streamed on-line so (fingers-crossed) no having the flights split to have the last flight occurring sometimes hours after the earlier flights - to suit the broadcast schedule.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not sure about TV broadcasting (which is what I think your link shows) - I don't tend to look at that list as I dont have a TV anymore (hate the intrusive ads). But good news - the CBC is streaming the Juniors and even the Synchronized Skating - it looks like all events will be streamed on-line so (fingers-crossed) no having the flights split to have the last flight occurring sometimes hours after the earlier flights - to suit the broadcast schedule.
my link shows French CBC live streaming (web)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not for me. It shows "Broadcast" with no details at all, just Jan 12-15.
In French it says Horaire de diffusion. In the subtitle it even says WEBDIFFUSION which is live streaming. This is not the CBC TV schedule I assure you. It's the sports page with online streaming.

This is where I watch all the live streaming I do watch, and not only figure skating but other obscure sports never shown on tv... :)

It may look confusing to some but if you look down, you will see that there are many other sports with very uncanny schedules.... I doubt that there will be alpine skiing shown live on TV at 5 am on February 7th, for instance ;)

Closer to the event, links are normally created for individual videos. I have been watching all GPs, and recent Nationals right on the CBC (French most often) website...

The one thing of concern would be : are they going to show everything (including juniors).... and that, we will find out when they post the individual videos... as of now, nothing has been posted yet, which is not surprising to me as it's normally like that. They come a few days before.

In any case, there is no need to worry about Nationals. There will be live streaming. It's part of the Skate Canada mandate to do so, if I recall correctly

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I put everything I found here:

If the French info is different, Please post it!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I put everything I found here:

If the French info is different, Please post it!
I did post it a few posts up :)

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom