2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Pairs Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Pairs Free Skate

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Summer and Marty are a bit of an interesting pair. They are not doing most of their elements at the highest difficulty, but most of what they do is of good or very good quality. They seem more polished and "well-packaged" (as in more focus having been on non-technical elements and transitions) than the pairs before them.

Summer has gorgeous lines and a very expressive face, but unfortunately, her jumps worry me the most out of all the skaters here. They are already very small so I don't see much opportunity to upgrade them and she's only 15, it seems very limiting. They're not even trying 2As like Emy and Bryan (even if they're not always sucessful either).

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I enjoyed how Summer and Marty set the tone with their music in the first few seconds ... and then "boom-boom" on the 3twist! Very charming pair, with her smile and his emotion.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ok. Bring on the next three teams. I think those teams are interesting.
Nadeau… I always thought he had the makings of a great males pairs partner. The fact that he is competing with his lover and they both jump in opposite directions makes them so intriguing.
Also, Trentt is a great make pair skater and to see him and Lia develop with triple jump throws is 🔥

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
looks like Deb Armstrong just confirmed the dance team for 4CC and worlds without really saying who it was :)

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Canada has much better sponsors for their events.. They make so much more sense than the US ones.

Canada Flowers, VIA rail, Corporate Traveller vs Prevagen, Lume, etc

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
You mean because she spoke about absent skaters due to ill health or injury still being considered?
this and that they look at the last 2 years of competition. It seems to 1) secure Piper and Paul's spot as top Canadians and GPF winner, and 2) FBS as GP winner and GPFinalist and as internationally, they have placed higher than Lala every time they have competed together... etc

auser

Record Breaker
How did Lia do this morning in Women's FS? I'm hoping to catch up with women when the archive stream is available later.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Emmanuelle's dad

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Canada has much better sponsors for their events.. They make so much more sense than the US ones.

Canada Flowers, VIA rail, Corporate Traveller vs Prevagen, Lume, etc
But then there's Canadian Tire. They do sell recreation-level skates and hockey equipment, so it's not as bad a fit as it would be if it was just tires.