2023 Championnats québécois d'été | Aug 10-13 | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2023 Championnats québécois d'été | Aug 10-13

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow! Good skate by Marie-France. Always nice to see skaters skating above my expectations.
Her SP was only 39. But, her TES score in the box is 49! She skated as well as she could. Good job!

Edit: she must have received under rotation calls, as her TES score was reduced to 42. She leads with 121-122.

Cristina Lyons must have pulled out. I dislike how they just cut to commercials. Wish they could at least post the scores while they do the ice resurface.

Final two groups to go! I’m kind of dissatisfied with how the Canadian female skaters are performing at Cranberry and in this competition so far. I’m hoping Justine versus Sara-Maude and Kaiya over at Cranberry change that.

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Marie-Maude pulled out. Heading to the final flight, no skater has crossed the 130 barrier 😭

With skaters pulling out, I’m not even certain we will get the Sara-Maude versus Justine skate off in the final flight.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sara-Maude… enough for a bronze medal here…. Because the skating has been so subpar.
Her programs are atrocious this year. Just background music.
I think I know who will finish 12th in Skate Canada this year, if there are no withdrawals 😞

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Sara-Maude… enough for a bronze medal here…. Because the skating has been so subpar.
Her programs are atrocious this year. Just background music.
I think I know who will finish 12th in Skate Canada this year, if there are no withdrawals 😞
andré mathieu Concerto de Québec is not background music... i didn't see what she did with it... but the music itself is great though a bit corny :) it's like a Rachmaninoff concerto

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
WOW !!!! Worth coming even if for just one skater. Justine, other than the 3lz eu mess combo was almost flawless ! Bravo...

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Justine 👏
@4everchan i think Aud. Foster was the only other skater worth seeing. But, yes, you were smart to sleep in. You didn’t miss much.

Hoping Justine can score over 166 here. That would make a statement.
Only complaint are the combos 🫣 2T 2T and eu 1S are missed opportunities to grab more points.
However, her skating skills are a class above all the skaters here.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
113.75. Wow! Not bad. 170+ skate result here for Justine will make Skate Canada think twice about who to send for Challenger events, if they send anybody.

However, I think Maddie is sleeping well today. I think she still has no competition within Canada.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Justine 👏
@4everchan i think Aud. Foster was the only other skater worth seeing. But, yes, you were smart to sleep in. You didn’t miss much.

Hoping Justine can score over 166 here. That would make a statement.
Only complaint are the combos 🫣 2T 2T and eu 1S are missed opportunities to grab more points.
However, her skating skills are a class above all the skaters here.
well.. the euler combo is not what is planned here LOL... :) definitely not aiming for a 1s after that. We will have to see what her aimed layout is. Is she tagging a +3t is she really aiming to get a +3s in the eu combo??? etc

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
113.75. Wow! Not bad. 170+ skate result here for Justine will make Skate Canada think twice about who to send for Challenger events, if they send anybody.

However, I think Maddie is sleeping well today. I think she still has no competition within Canada.
we will see next weekend when maddie starts her season... Gabby is also scheduled in... That will be in Ontario...

Uliana will be skating in BC. Two events in Canada next weekend...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Justine : She repeats the flip here and has 3t and 3s as solo jumps... So I am guessing that the 2a is the one getting a 3t at the end of it... and that that the lutz combo will be 3lz-eu-2s.....

So it would be
3f-2t
2a-3t
3lzEU2s
3f
3t
3s
2a
or if the solo 3t is a place holder, she could do

3f-2t
2a-3t
3lzEU2s
3f
3lz
3s
2a

The latter content could be logical considering that there is really no need for her to do a combo on this lutz if not repeated... The lutz is challenging for her ( her flip is better) so maybe she should plan a combo elsewhere...

Now, I have the feeling that the planned content may have been this
3f-2t
2a-3t
3lzEU2s
3f
3LO
3s
2a
and since she had not managed a 3toe in the combos, she went for the solo 3toe late in the program as it is easier for her. ?

#Élément exécutéH/WBVGOENoteArbJ1J2J3J4J5J6J7
13F+2T6.600.747.341121221
22A+2T4.600.405.001101212
33Lzq+1Eu+1S6.80-1.425.38-2-3-2-3-2-3-2
43F<4.24-0.683.56-2-1-1-2-2-2-1
5FCSp43.200.583.783112321
63TX4.620.675.292211212
73SX4.730.955.682132223
82AX3.630.464.0911123-12
9CCoSp43.500.844.343223322
10ChSq13.001.404.403322433
11StSq33.300.794.092222333
12LSp42.700.703.403233322

yesterday

Record Breaker
My 2 cents to round it off:
-) yep, "Perfume" is a great read and I totally understand why they tried a movie (great casting) but it's just not an easy novel template.
-) poor Marek fell back into his usual self? Scoring page makes it look like it was super messy.
-) Women "as expected"

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
My 2 cents to round it off:
-) yep, "Perfume" is a great read and I totally understand why they tried a movie (great casting) but it's just not an easy novel template.
added to the list... but i have a long line of things waiting first... i should read less posts in here and more in books :)
-) poor Marek fell back into his usual self? Scoring page makes it look like it was super messy.
so my theory holds.. not the nerves of the competition.. just well.. a not so consistent skater who had a stellar day yesterday.
-) Women "as expected"
that is fine. for me, these women are all so much better than a few years ago when it was all doubles... let them do triples, even some triple-triple for some and falter... but it's over the time where you could win easily an event just landing a triple salchow and a triple toe with a bunch of doubles. let's celebrate these women who are pushing hard !

On that note, let me share again what our expert commentator said at the 2022 games about our women : do not expect any Canadian woman to be competitive with the others... all the ones that were trained and emerging now didn't have the trajectory that some other countries set with early skaters... in other words, the women we see now didn't start the big triples young enough... let alone the triple-triples... look at fiona... she is JUST adding her triple-triple this year... and she is in her late teens... so that commentator (Alain Goldberg) said that it is with the kids starting NOW, that we will see a difference... in ten years from now, our 16 years old should be on par with the rest of the world.

So in that sense, I applaud the achievements of our skaters this weekend.. Fiona doing a 3-3 for the first time in competition. Kaiya upgrading into a 3z-3lo combo. Justine having such a solid skate today as well as Uliana who has been steady all summer.... Rose Théroux and Lulu Lin in juniors having stellar events too !

Sorry, maybe it's because I walked 3 hours and ate all the fresh berries from the market but I am super happy and chirpy !

Last edited:

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Let's hope everything gets there. I would love watching a few of them from the stream and compare with my experience from the rink.
I’ve been able to find a few videos on YouTube but not all. I really want to see Bronsard and Richmond but can’t find any videos of them :-(

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I’ve been able to find a few videos on YouTube but not all. I really want to see Bronsard and Richmond but can’t find any videos of them :-(
They did so well... Not my favourite choice of music (Muse EXO) but it's done with so much care that I adored it.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Video archives are posted on Patinage Quebec Dailymotion page.

Using this schedule

I hope this is correct...
Glace 4 144 Jr Women Gr 2 FS, Jr Men FS , Jr & Sr Pairs SP, Jr & Sr Dance RD
Glace 4 145 Sr Men SP, Sr Women SP, Jr & Sr Pairs FS
Glace 4 146 Jr & Sr Pairs FS, Jr & Sr Dance FD
Glace 4 147 Sr Men FS, Sr Women FS

REWATCH thread is here...

Last edited: