2023 Europeans: Info & Pregame Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Europeans: Info & Pregame Chat

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Haha - I just meant more weeks to spread out competitions more. "Winter" as it's the main part of the season but with ice rinks we can extend that of course. I wouldn't mind a 11 month figure skating season where everyone gets to choose their tournaments and having enough options for every skater, like in tennis. But I know, just a dream.
The season is pretty long :) With things like WTT in April, and the first summer competitions in July.... we get just a couple months off.
What would be nice is GPs with one more flight of skaters in all disciplines. That would be fun and would give more opportunities.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Scheduling of USA Nationals and Europeans at the same time : better get my clone up and running before next week.
I don't want to blow up the Europeans thread with news about U. S. Nationals but there is some new info. This was posted in the U. S. Nationals thread and offers some hope of watching at least some of the action at U. S. Nationals for fans who do not have Peacock available:
https://twitter.com/rockerskating/s...^1615838700784451591|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

Thanks to @ptvvibezz for the info!

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I think Eyof were later last season. It is weird time to hold it at the same time with Euros and US nats. There are skaters who would be eligible to take part in both.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Daytime tickets for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are now for -50 % sale. I bought mine too early.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
EYOF is also next weekend, I totally forgot. Wow really 3 major big events happening in the same week?

I think Eyof were later last season. It is weird time to hold it at the same time with Euros and US nats. There are skaters who would be eligible to take part in both.

In 2015, the EYOF was held at the start of the week in Austria, and Europeans was held at the end of the week in Sweden.

Anastasia GALUSTYAN (ARM), Aleksandra GOLOVKINA (LTU), and Angelīna KUČVAĻSKA (LAT) competed in both.

And that included doing their FS in Austria on the Wednesday, and their SP in Sweden on the Thursday. :eek:

:bow: :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
They could have had US Nationals or Euros this weekend, not both next week. Didn´t they think about us? :LOL: What do they mean we are going to do this weekend and why do they want to split us into different pieces next week? :ROFLMAO:
what do they want us to do this weekend? g...g...going out? having s....s...social life? :eek2:

icetug

Medalist
Daytime tickets for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are now for -50 % sale. I bought mine too early.
I can't see the sale (as well as daytime tickets, just for single events, in regular price...). Could you provide a link please?

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I can't see the sale (as well as daytime tickets, just for single events, in regular price...). Could you provide a link please?
I checked. The prices are just lower than before and when I bought mine. It includes only daytime events, not evenings, no all events and not Saturday.

icetug

Medalist
I checked. The prices are just lower than before and when I bought mine. It includes only daytime events, not evenings, no all events and not Saturday.
Ah, well, that's right... I was clearly wishful thinking, hoping for cheaper tickets for the whole day :)

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
If somebody wants to change some words on place, please PM me. Or if somebody wants to organize some meetings between events, I am with. I am too busy with my both works at now to do it myself. Because of work I won't be on the arena before Thursday. I am not yet sure know if I will buy tickets and go to see some practice, but anyway not Thursday morning, I have other plans then. There will be some time between events, so it will be a little bit boring to wait alone.