2023 Europeans: Info & Pregame Chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Europeans: Info & Pregame Chat

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Really hoping that he stands on that podium again - he can definitely do it! He was strong in Sheffield and looked amazing at last weekend's Music on Ice show.
Me too - he did skate really well at Sheffield (at least, in the performances, anyway. In the practices, he wasn't doing so well, but he put it all together and stormed it in the competition itself).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you live in the US, it is possible to watch both Euros and US Championships because Euros is in Finland and US Champs in California and there is very little overlap. I am in eastern US, and for me Euros starts at 5-6 am and is usually over before 3 pm while most US Champs events start at 3 pm (exception: Jr Ladies SP and FS start at noon). The only problem is the shortage of sleep time!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you live in the US, it is possible to watch both Euros and US Championships because Euros is in Finland and US Champs in California and there is very little overlap. I am in eastern US, and for me Euros starts at 5-6 am and is usually over before 3 pm while most US Champs events start at 3 pm (exception: Jr Ladies SP and FS start at noon). The only problem is the shortage of sleep time!
And if you can't watch live its impossible. But I'm Eastern US and if I skip work there won't be a problem.

ChristineB

On the Ice
Me too - he did skate really well at Sheffield (at least, in the performances, anyway. In the practices, he wasn't doing so well, but he put it all together and stormed it in the competition itself).
Fingers and toes are crossed. I learned after Skate Canada, never go by the practices. He was solid and strong there. Just hoping it all comes together for him this week, because he deserves the absolute best.

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
The men are going to be very interesting. On any given day there is like 6 men who could win. Whoā€™s your dark horse to make it to the top 5?

I have Grassl, Rizzo and Vasiljevs in the top 3. Adam and Kevin (FRA) I have 4th and 5th. My dark horse is Lucas Britschgi as my dark horse that could shock everyone.

Also super excited for the Finnish dance team at home again. They already thrilled everyone once. Id love to see it again. They were bronze medalists at GP Espoo this year. Delightful to watch!

icewhite

Record Breaker
The men are going to be very interesting. On any given day there is like 6 men who could win. Whoā€™s your dark horse to make it to the top 5?

I have Grassl, Rizzo and Vasiljevs in the top 3. Adam and Kevin (FRA) I have 4th and 5th. My dark horse is Lucas Britschgi as my dark horse that could shock everyone.

Also super excited for the Finnish dance team at home again. They already thrilled everyone once. Id love to see it again. They were bronze medalists at GP Espoo this year. Delightful to watch!

Nordeback is my dark horse. I didn't dare to leave out Grassl but I'm wondering if he will be better than he has been this season. Is Britschgi fully recovered?

DancingCactus

Final Flight
My main wish is for Deniss to make it to the podium. It should be possible but who knows with him. I think Adam has the potential to win. No idea about Grassl. When he lands his godawful jumps he gets ridiculously high GOE but when he flames out he's off the podium. Does anyone know the current status of his training with Eteri situation?

Caliban

On the Ice
Does anyone know the current status of his training with Eteri situation?

He is with TeamTut at least for now

mp5nypdzzuda1.jpg

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Who ever medals in any discipline, I will be happy. I think skating clean will the word of the week and I hope to see a lot of clean skates. This - everything, even dance - is going to be so exciting this year.