2023 JGP Cup of Austria Free Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Cup of Austria Free Dance

yesterday

Record Breaker
Some pics, not the best overall but "live"

bonus-legend (when you zoom, it looks like they knew it, but it was really far 🤔 )

victory ceremony

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I was blown away by Wang/Li's costumes, but he has so much troubles on lifts, I question the coaching team's decisions.
My home team did much better in the free. Go Calgary!
Heh, the French couple brought neon to the free just in case. Fun & really cool lifts. Also, saving the twizzles to the end! Loved them!
I liked Mullens' interpretation of Survivor and costuming interaction with spins.
Slatter/Perez are cool, but this music imo is a terrible choice for them, aging them and not in a good way. More like dating them...
This is my inner nerd speaking, but Peals' costuming is Elvish, when their theme is all Hobbits. Heh, where that me, I would penalize for that. Plus, I think, they will look better in Hobbits costumes.
Grymm/Savitskiy made me think they could have made a very competitive pair... but I am tentatively hoping it's their year to reign in ice dance. I like Neset/Markelov too, but I think at this point in the year, I am cheering for 🇩🇪 ftw!

And huge props to Nguyen/Giang for holding to silver. Seems that red dresses in dance are considered lucky, heh.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love the interview Ted had with Darya and Michail. Ted asked what each of them like about each other and Darya said about Michail "His breakdancing." :ROFLMAO:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I was blown away by Wang/Li's costumes, but he has so much troubles on lifts, I question the coaching team's decisions.
He is still recovering from a recent Covid infection, their lifts usually aren't this precarious.

This is their Free Skate from a month ago, and while the lift does still by nature look clunky, he looks a lot less off-balance than he did at this JGP. (And obviously, their RD lift looked a lot better too, though he is definitely not the strongest lifter of the current junior crop.)

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well done with this version of Carmen. Usually I feel like eeek not Carmen again. :LOL: Captivating while being junior appropriate.
It wasn’t Carmen totally but Rondo Cappricioso + Carmen Habanera