2023 JGP Osaka Men's Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Osaka Men's Short Program

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
You could hear the surprise in Ted's voice when Shunsuke went into 2nd.

CaroLiza_fan
Tbh, for once, I'm overall pretty okay with the standings so far, they seem quite fair. There might be a few skaters I'd shuffle a bit, but score-wise they're pretty close anyway, so nothing big. 🤷‍♀️

zebobes

Final Flight
Yu-Hsiang!!! Love, love the big grin throughout, he just exudes so much joy!!!

I must adopt him as well now :biggrin:
I'm so glad he did well here. His first performance was one of the few that got completely messed up by the first week's technical difficulties. This was a great performance, and done in front of an appreciative crowd too!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Given the mistake, it was the correct placement. Congrats to Juheon!

Erm, maybe I am wrong, but I think Ted was like me and was expecting him to go lower. And not as close to Juheon's score.

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Erm, maybe I am wrong, but I think Ted was like me and was expecting him to go lower.

CaroLiza_fan
Considering basically everyone else made mistakes too, I don't think it would have made much sense for him to go very much lower though? Pitot had issues with the combo as well, and Martynov even lost the combination completely, though one could say Nakamura's score should be closer to them, I guess?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, I think we have a new member of the tall club (does it have a name yet?)

Oh, just checked. He's 5ft 6in. He looks taller than that when on the ice. (Although, he does look smaller when sitting down. Or, maybe that's the effect of his coach being tall looking).

Not keen on the music. Bit too out there for my taste.

But he has potential.

CaroLiza_fan

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
I actually love this version of Your Song and I ain't even sorry :p
I'll join you - I love this version of Your Song too :biggrin: I like Ewan McGregor's voice and Alessandro Safina's tenor's voice in the background is just chef's kiss 😘

(please don't kill me people, I would still love to watch the free skate tomorrow)