2023 JGP PGE Solidarity Cup Pairs Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP PGE Solidarity Cup Pairs Short Program

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
They are both former gymnasts. The jumps are still being learned.
interesting. Chinese aerials (acrobatic ski) athletes are often coming from gymnastics too... They don't really ski but they land the jumps. I think it's a harder transition to do for figure skaters though.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
so why not goint for axel then?
If you're not going to get any points for it, why go for a 1A with half a rotation more than a 1Lz, and less chance of you managing to upgrade it to a double this season?
They are both former gymnasts. The jumps are still being learned.
Yes and no. They were struggling with doubles in the Free at their last JGP, despite not having so many issues last season on the easier doubles (2T and 2S), so I think something else is also amiss.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think Ted said it must be lutz last time I saw them.
It's really either 2lz or 2a for the SP

Why they wouldn't attempt the axel is simple : they are way too far away from getting a 2axel. The 2lz is SO MUCH easier than 2a. So by doing the single, they hope to reach the mandatory 2lz later on this season.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
dark undergarment +white pant failure 2.0

boys never learn :cautious:

Don't worry, I would never do that!

When they showed the replay of the lift, the white trousers were blending in with the boards, while the black top was blending in with the very dark blue curtain behind.

It looked like Violetta was being held up by a disembodied arm with a head floating beside it!

I never like skaters wearing white. It blends in with too many things around them.

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Don't worry, I would never do that!

When they showed the replay of the lift, the white trousers were blending in with the boards, while the black top was blending in with the very dark blue curtain behind.

It looked like Violetta was being held up by a disembodied arm with a head floating beside it!

I never like skaters wearing white. It blends in with too many things around them.

CaroLiza_fan
I like their costumes very much. Just wished he knew better about some details :)

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I never like skaters wearing white.

CaroLiza_fan
Me neither. Sometimes women's dresses just need a little bit longer hem and they are ready to be a bride. And the ice "swallows" the white dresses - light gray also sometimes does.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Yixi YANG / Shunyang DENG (CHN)
Spring Blossom performed by Andre Rieu

3Tw4
2Lz<< Step
2LoTh
3Li4
CCoSp4
StSq2
FiDSp3

Score: 46.03

Better than last time, for sure :clap: Such strong pairs elements, but a lot of work to be done on the singles elements.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Warm-up Group 4
10 Debora Anna COHEN / Lukas VOCHOZKA CZE
11 Sonja LOEWENHERZ / Robert LOEWENHERZ GER
12 Irina NAPOLITANO / Edoardo COMI ITA
13 Wenning SHI / Zhiyu WANG CHN