2023 Korean National Championships | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2023 Korean National Championships

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Jia was the best, and she is not even my fave
She may well have been in the world of figure skating as a graded sport. But I am here for the performance art. And she doesnt draw me down into the ice like Haein and Yelim....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I just wish there was more variety. They stand out more internationally amongst the mix of different programs worldwide. But, domestically, you really don’t see as many original programs. They all seem to copy and paste. But, you should be happy. I think Korean skaters are right behind Japan in terms of depth and talent, out of the countries eligible to compete this year. I think they will bump down this year at Worlds. USA was better last year (the American girls did better at Worlds and jr worlds than the Koreans). I’m happy with the results. Just sad for Wi 🥺

Ok. I didn’t know it was Minsol who came back valiantly and Yujae. I only like Yujae due to the fact she is pushing Korean skating to the next level. I just don’t like her artistry.
I wonder who just finished 7th and missed out 🤔 (I’m hoping it is Seojin). I wonder where Young You finished… must have had a rough skate.
I guess I will find out tomorrow.....sad they cant even broadcast the last two groups....at least there is V blog.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
She may well have been in the world of figure skating as a graded sport. But I am here for the performance art. And she doesnt draw me down into the ice like Haein and Yelim....
I agree with you on this point. But, Jia had harder jumps and they looked cleaner. Haein is my fave and to me, is the most expressive.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
No, it's just that although I think Yelim deserved the win too Jia is a beautiful skater who should be loved
Absolutely! And some day she will be old enough to go to worlds...and I will pray she gets there intact and uninjured with even more talent.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Not Korea unfortunately, but I will be at Saitama in March, and I will ensure to bring Korean flags and cheer loud for them 🇰🇷:cheer:

I can't wait to see these gorgeous Korean women in person!! :love2:
You are playing my song...I saw Yuna at SA 2009 with her oly winning programs...I saw her in 2013 London ontario canada with the best skating perfromance I have seen in my life (Les Mis). And I have seen Young and Yelim in the US......wanna see more! Front row, Four conts, near Kiss and Cry. :dance3: Off to bed...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Senior Men final results

1 Cha Junhwan 271.21
2 Kim Hyungyeom 237.23
3 Seo Minkyu 235.90
4 Lee Sihyeong 230.74
5 Kyeong Jaeseok 223.41
6 Cha Younghyun 212.47
7 Lee Jaekeun 210.74
8 Kim Hangil 198.29
9 Lim Juheon 195.42
10 Jeong Deokhoon 188.68

Senior Women final results

1 Shin Jia 213.01
2 Kim Yelim 210.28
3 Lee Haein 205.31
4 Kim Chaeyeon 200.60
5 Kwon Minsol 196.43
6 Kim Yujae 193.97
7 Youn Seojin 191.45
8 Yun Ahsun 190.69
9 Wi Seoyoung 189.60
10 Han Heesue 173.82
11 You Young 172.96
12 Song Siwoo 172.35
13 Kim Minchae 170.38
14 Choi Dabin 169.49
15 Park Eunbi 159.09
16 Kim Seoyoung 158.22
17 Ko Nayeon 157.49
18 Hwang Jihyun 144.09
19 Lee Seolang 147.53
20 Yook Jeongmin 137.43
21 Lee Siwon 132.88
22 Jung Yean 127.61
23 Hong Seunga 119.46

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Sorry...half asleep due to sleeping pills....is there a gala and will it be broadcast or on V blog?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info!

I can get the KBS stream running fine with Chrome in my laptop, but not in my TV.... I guess I'll have to resort to good ol' HDMI cable

Scratch that, I installed a different browser in my TV and the KBS stream is working there :party2:
This means I can use my laptop to post on GS while watching ;)
You are like a God! My Samsung has this terrible browser with no video ram so you cant watch anything on purpose. They make you down load an app and pay....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Final thoughts, anyone? My current lover and I watched the ladies free on the fan cam V blog. I think it gives a better perspective on what a fan would see at a comp. I Have lots more respect for Jia Shin. She is skating past her years...excellent music....Yelim was still wonderful and and I would still give her first, although getting English marks is like pulling teeth. Haein gets the Christine Diaz Andrew Loyd Webber award for best Poto of the season. my fav skate along with Yelim....with another ALW award to Minsol, who was precious and shows she has all the qualities to go far....my poor Young! I have seen you take that program to 146.24 at SA Vegas 2021 and get a standing ovation.....I dont know if you are injured....but I want the best for you.
But mostly, I want the young ones to stay healthy and motivated from 14 to 17....remember that artisty is important....and that skating to Les Mis, ALW, Pearl Harbor, the Untouchables, Miss Saigon, Crouching tiger, Madame Butterfly, Jin., Sarah Brightman, will actually have more meaning to the audience and bring them down to the ice more than a bushelbasket full of meaningless classical music....Oh, and Tom and Jerry would be nice too..... :) Looking forward to US nats, there are about 4 I really enjoy and want to see do well now that Karen has pulled and 4 sentimental ones that are up and coming. That will be a far cry from THIS comp. Go Clare Seo!
(BTW, just to show you how rare we all are, if you watched Yook's Bond program, you were either in the arena or on the V blog. That means out off all the people in the top 20 figure skating countries, we each were one out of a million or even 10 million. Do I have the math right? )

Last edited:
Reactions: chz

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
So I see Young You bombed the Nationals and only managed 11th.

I also see that means no 4CC or Worlds for her - Chaeyeon Kim is going instead. Which is fine by me. Chaeyeon has been lovely this season.