2023 Sectional Series August (Skate Ontario) | Aug 18-20 | Golden Skate

2023 Sectional Series August (Skate Ontario) | Aug 18-20

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The second summer event for Skate Ontario from August 18-20 in Waterloo. Please note that this one serves as a qualifying event for the 2024 Skate Ontario Junior and Senior Sectional Championships (which serves as qualifier for Challenge, leading to Nationals...)
All other categories offered at the August event are considered non-qualifying.

Registration is still open for skaters until June 12. I gather we will get entry lists a bit later.

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
I find it really interesting that Gabby is still skating. I mean she already has World and Olympic medals - what can the future bring for her but more heartache.
Really be interesting to see if Lia and Trennt can keep the momentum going from last year. Sometimes a team comes on strong at 1st only to fade as they push themselves too hard. I think of Julianne and Charlie.

yesterday

Record Breaker
I checked the entries on the scores page and I'm quite surprised to see so many Junior Ice Dancers, however, I don't remember any of the names?
(Seniors is exactely the other way round :biggrin: )

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I checked the entries on the scores page and I'm quite surprised to see so many Junior Ice Dancers, however, I don't remember any of the names?
(Seniors is exactely the other way round :biggrin: )
I recognized a few names from previous years but also a few new teams... I guess some of them are coming from novice.

It seems like CQÉ had way more entries, except in Senior Men ;) haha

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Ava's and Yohnatan's triple twist is back, and seeing the size of the throw, I'm expecting that to be back to a triple as well by the time their first JGP rolls around 😁

Still love this program for these two ❤️

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Maybe it's just that I've heard this song too much before, but some of those cuts were very jarring. I get that they have to get the length down somehow, but it really took me out of the program. 🫣

Triple throw giving them a little bit of trouble for now, otherwise that was a good start of the season for them.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I didn't like this program either (the music). I feel that it's not cohesive and they will need to score well on the elements because I don't think it will upstage some of the other programs we have seen already in the "memorability" department. The step sequence was stellar though.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
"Movement" is just a great song, I think I could enjoy any skating on this music.

Their 2As and the 3ThLo are excellent, let's just not talk about the rest of the elements. 😅 Going after Lia and Trennt only served in making their lifts and particularly the death spiral look even more shaky.