2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Men's Free Skate | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Men's Free Skate

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
fair enough... too bad he chose Josh Groban because that is not a gift for me :) HA !

In any case, if he wanted audience love, he certainly got it today... I mean, every single move in the field he did was met with oohhhhs and ahhhhs. It must have been very thrilling for him to give back to such an enthusiastic audience. It was a nice skate.
When Jason is skating I can even forgive Josh Groban. 😁

With almost any other skater, “The Impossible Dream” might have seemed cheesy and obvious, but IMO it suited Jason right down to the ground…er…ice. The choreography was beautiful and Jason did it justice, even with the glitches.
I just wish Rohene had given him a few more split jumps!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I left "the game" to watch three skaters live: Samuel, Andrew T. and Jason.

Samuel captured my heart this weekend. :)
Mindra is my kind of skater, very flowing skating, lyrical,aware of music and nice pop on the jumps with nice air position. But yeah... his music selection needs work. I wish him a triple axel at least, which i think is very manageable for him. He reminds me of Matt Markell.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I remember him from juniors, but I don't remember being this impressed.

Yes, the game was not close and SF was down to their 4th QB, but I could not abandon your other fiancé.:biggrin:
I’m surprised. I’ve been following him a few years now.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mindra is my kind of skater, very flowing skating, lyrical,aware of music and nice pop on the jump with nice air position. But yeah... his music selection needs work. I wish him a triple axel at least, which i think is very manageable for him. He reminds me of Matt Markell.
It’s his first senior Nationals. He has medalled as a junior at Nationals. I hope he is able to up his tech content.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But not for this comp. Unless someone finally found the elusive world feed I clearly saw Ashley commentating every senior event on.
US Nationals is the hardest major competition of the entire year to watch. It is almost impossible for anyone not from the US to see. Every year I take off a week to do stunts just to watch this event. I almost didn't start a rewatch for this event since I was not expecting to find anything. Amazingly I found quite a bit. Now lets see what happens to it. Either way, I'm gonna bet there are a number of people who preserved what lttle was out there. I once thought about doing a list of US championships but quickly realized what a ridiculous and useless exercise that would be. I'm sorry if I am cranky, but this touches a nerve with me.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
US Nationals is the hardest major competition of the entire year to watch. It is almost impossible for anyone not from the US to see. Every year I take off a week to do stunts just to watch this event. I almost didn't start a rewatch for this event since I was not expecting to find anything. Amazingly I found quite a bit. Now lets see what happens to it. Either way, I'm gonna bet there are a number of people who preserved what lttle was out there. I once thought about doing a list of US championships but quickly realized what a ridiculous and useless exercise that would be. I'm sorry if I am cranky, but this touches a nerve with me.
I sympathize... As a Canadian, I am able to watch pretty much anything I want for free without hassle... but US Nationals.... I am super grateful that you do all this work. I already watched quite a lot of the individual performances that are available. Again, thank you !

Magill

Record Breaker
There is a link in someone's post on the first page which worked very well for me. You can try it if you do not find anything working better for you.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I loved it, but I also lived when Love Story and Andy Williams were played back to back on easy listening radio stations so it felt normal to me. Love story was about young love and Where do I Begin was a reflection back on that earlier love story.

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I sympathize... As a Canadian, I am able to watch pretty much anything I want for free without hassle... but US Nationals.... I am super grateful that you do all this work. I already watched quite a lot of the individual performances that are available. Again, thank you !
You are welcome. I was hoping you would see the thread cause I knew you were bummed not being able to see it with us.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is a link in someone's post on the first page which worked very well for me. You can try it if you do not find anything working better for you.
Thank you but I opted for Peacock at the last moment and managed to get some replays except the one I really needed which was jr pairs sp.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t know if you’ve seen me post about it, but last year ISU covered US Nats. Ben Agosto commentated it. This year there was supposedly a Worlds feed. Ashley Wagner commentated every day. No one could find it. I asked her Skate and Sculpt people where to find it. Ashley didn’t even know where it was being broadcast. Presumably someone paid her. But this mystery feed never surfaced anywhere in the world that I know of.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I left "the game" to watch three skaters live: Samuel, Andrew T. and Jason.

Samuel captured my heart this weekend. :)
Mine too. The fact that he could interpret that music so well was a pleasant thing to witness. Alex Johnson was in my head watching him. I hope he's young because I'd love to see where he can go from here.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t know if you’ve seen me post about it, but last year ISU covered US Nats. Ben Agosto commentated it. This year there was supposedly a Worlds feed. Ashley Wagner commentated every day. No one could find it. I asked her Skate and Sculpt people where to find it. Ashley didn’t even know where it was being broadcast. Presumably someone paid her. But this mystery feed never surfaced anywhere in the world that I know of.
That is how I watched US Nats last year through a combo of Peacock and the ISU. I saw your posts about this supposed feed, but the weird shutdown of her commentary made me think the feed was pulled in some way and that is why we never found it. I can only imagine Ted Barton in Canada shaking his head and saying that that is no way to grow your sport and talent. It takes a country to raise a skater, but that only happens if they SEE the skater and once they are invested, then a network has something to promote.

Okay I am going to bed now...:bed:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
very nice debut. I will be following him. For those of you who know who are my favourite skaters, it's easy to imagine Mindra could make my list. Torgashev was my favourite today.
Yes. I approve of him too and when I watched GP him skate, I did think to myself, 4everchan will find Mindra to be a lovely skater

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey if you haven't already check out this young US junior man - a Scott, Kurt combo with the nerve of Candeloro...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Hey if you haven't already check out this young US junior man - a Scott, Kurt combo with the nerve of Candeloro...

you called it... candeloro showman ! fun young man with lots of showmanship ! and a big triple triple combo at the end ! bravo