2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Women's Short Program | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Women's Short Program

macy

Record Breaker
I will say that imho criticism of Levito's jump technique is very valid but criticism of her artistry really isn't. She just has incredible attention to detail in every movement. She doesn't have the maturity of Bradie (who I love, because who doesn't love a comeback queen) but for a 15-year-old, it's incredible. Not even Satoko was this lovely at 15.
THIS is exactly the right comparison to Isabeau. I see A LOT of Satoko in her artistry, movement and overall second component. imagine where she'll be in 5 years (i hope she'll still be around).

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

mrrice

Record Breaker
This year's Sr event reminds me of when Patrick Chan was still competing. I could never watch him until after I saw his scores. That was certainly true with Gracie and Bradie. I still haven't seen the programs but, to see Bradie that close to Isabeau is complete thrill. Gracie Gold making the final flight after all she's been through just makes me smile. Starr has been around for a very long time as well. She has never finished in "True" Medal Contention. :drama::drama::drama: Triple Drama for these 3 ladies and I am so happy for each one of you! :yahoo:

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
I must say congrats to all skater. Great job all.
Isabeau and Bradie skated about the same, both did artistic. Both skated to lead/win.
It will make the free more interesting. They all did their best.
I am looking forward to the free later on today. It will make the placements much more interesting.
They all capable of finishing top ten and even top 6.

I think the title is between Isabeau and Bradie. It looks like 3 is more open.
Nice to see Gracie up in top 5 for the moment.
I hope they skate well and do what they are capable of doing.
I hope they believe they can.

Enjoy.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I was so impressed with Bradie;I had my d oubts but she looked great as did Isabeau. I think we will see some movement. Other than Isabeau the other two spots are up for grabs. Shin may be too far down. Izzo omg. I was in shock. I still hope for Gracie and you cantellshe has a tonne of fans but she just doesn't have that oomph, the speed, the power, the finesse and flow or amplitude like she once had. Even her dress it was like or consistent that she does not have the financial backing she once had. I know beading can be expensive - I could see her rocking a flowing green dress with illusion sleeves and neckline and her gorgeous updo. Stunning, eye catching, elegant - kind of like Michelle Kwan when she skated to East of eden. I was impressed with the purity of the j umps from starr. But the sp is short- who will stand up in the long?

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
I was so impressed with Bradie;I had my d oubts but she looked great as did Isabeau. I think we will see some movement. Other than Isabeau the other two spots are up for grabs. Shin may be too far down. Izzo omg. I was in shock. I still hope for Gracie and you cantellshe has a tonne of fans but she just doesn't have that oomph, the speed, the power, the finesse and flow or amplitude like she once had. Even her dress it was like or consistent that she does not have the financial backing she once had. I know beading can be expensive - I could see her rocking a flowing green dress with illusion sleeves and neckline and her gorgeous updo. Stunning, eye catching, elegant - kind of like Michelle Kwan when she skated to East of eden. I was impressed with the purity of the j umps from starr. But the sp is short- who will stand up in the long?
I am with you. I thought her injury would affect her short program. She skated well.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whatever happened to the Ladies skating the final on Saturday night? Now the LP is on a Friday night not even on the weekend and the Ladies event is done even before the Pairs final why are they taking along with the Men the most popular event of Nationals and just getting it out of the way as fast as possible? It's idiotic. :mad:
I have no clue what they are doing but I can tell you it’s exhausting.

mrrice

Record Breaker
OK....I just watched Gracie's SP. I have happy tears in my eyes. She had much more energy during the step sequence and her spins were centered and beautiful. A HUGE standing ovation and that gorgeous smile. I'm so happy that she'll have this moment to look back on for the rest of her life. She really fought hard to get that Flip back in her SP. I bet that was a personal triumph for her. Brava..... :yahoo: :cheer2: :points:

Maribelle

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Does anyone have a link to where we can see info about the skaters and who their coaches/choreographers are? It would be interesting to find out who all these different coaches are that I see with the skaters. Would be nice if the commentators on the broadcast could also mention the coaches, I think fans might like to know.

mrrice

Record Breaker
OK, I just watched Bradie and Isabeau skate back to back. Bradie was certainly faster and much more mature than Isabeau. However, Isabeau had her big combo in the second half and I'm sure that helped immensely. They were both amazing and I don't mind that I didn't see them until today. So many great skates. I have a question about Starr. Does she have a Triple Lutz? I know she didn't have one in Canada but, I thought they were playing it safe. Can she make the podium without one????

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
OK, I just watched Bradie and Isabeau skate back to back. Bradie was certainly faster and much more mature than Isabeau. However, Isabeau had her big combo in the second half and I'm sure that helped immensely. They were both amazing and I don't mind that I didn't see them until today. So many great skates. I have a question about Starr. Does she have a Triple Lutz? I know she didn't have one in Canada but, I thought they were playing it safe. Can she make the podium without one????
Starr hasn't done a triple lutz in a while. She used to do it but always struggled with it. Recently she did share video clips of her doing lutz again, but I don't know if it's planned in her program or not.

Dawn825

Medalist
A technical rescoring has Isabeau, Starr and Andrew all aound 38, Gracie at 36, Lindsay and Bradie at 34. This more accurately reflects what I saw yesterday. Everyone had jump mistakes except Starr, but Isabeu's and Bradie's URs were unjustifiably ignored. I hope the judges are more honest tonight.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Does anyone have a link to where we can see info about the skaters and who their coaches/choreographers are? It would be interesting to find out who all these different coaches are that I see with the skaters. Would be nice if the commentators on the broadcast could also mention the coaches, I think fans might like to know.

Any place where a skater's name is bolded, there is a link to a bio of the skater, if I could find one.

Otherwise, it might be a link to an article about them or their skating scores entry.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just got home from SAP Arena. It was a wonderful evening of skating but disappointing that the venue was only about 20% full. I seem to recall much larger crowds the last time Nationals were in San Jose.
I was there in 2018, it was a Olympic year, so the larger crowds.

It does look really empty on TV, though. Maybe there will be more people over the weekend.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Honestly? I see plenty of speed, and especially power (Johnny has said she still has some of the best jumps of all the US ladies. I do not pretend to know her personally or know her finances. But she does have her Road to Gold training camps, including an adult weekend one in Vail. She has sponsors, and she did the Ice Dreams tour last summer. She’s also written or is writing a book. As for her costumes, they are all Brad Griffies custom costumes and I’m sure they are very costly. She’s just more ladylike and refined (on the ice), I mean I would go out there covered in huge freaking rhinestones, but I’m way more of a loud and in your face personality. Yes, she’s wearing the same dress as last year, but she’s doing the same program.

Terry Gannon said she’s “chasing her own idea of perfection” and I love that.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was there in 2018, it was a Olympic year, so the larger crowds.

It does look really empty on TV, though. Maybe there will be more people over the weekend.
Yes usually they make an effort to make it look more crowded than it is but I have a feeling in this case they knew it was impossible.