2023 World Junior Women's Free Skate | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2023 World Junior Women's Free Skate

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Welp the podium's settled. Jia gets a medal and all my girls in the top 5, that should be enough for my admittedly disappointed soul. I'm off to catch up on what I missed, see you for the FD!

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Hell yeah! If there ever was a time to land both the 4T and 3A, that was the time to do it! Little Mao is still a little off on the second mark, but she at least doesn’t ignore her music. Well done! Three Japanese junior ladies will be at Junior Worlds next year.

yesterday

Record Breaker
oh, I forgot..

giphy.gif

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I thought that was a lovely performance with strong tech, but ugh, Ted, please don’t say things like “you’re looking at a future World, maybe Olympic champion.” There’s already enough pressure on these kids in their own minds (and with their coaches, parents etc) and you never know what the future may bring. It should be enough to celebrate what Mao has achieved today.

But acting like her future is assured at age 14? No, just no. History proves otherwise, and Ted of all people should know that. People used to say Marin Honda would be a World and Olympic champion too, and as it is it seems unlikely she’ll ever get to attend a senior level championship at all, let alone medal.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
what an amazing final flight to cap off way too many hours of skating... AMAZING top 6 and also a honorable mention to Kaiya for delivering in a pressure filled situation in front of an excited homecrowd... Canada earns two spots ... it's been a while...