2024 Ephesus Cup | Jan 22-28 | Golden Skate

2024 Ephesus Cup | Jan 22-28

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2024 Ephesus Cup will take place Jan 22-28, 2024, in Izmir, Turkey. The event will feature the Singles (Women and Men) and Ice Dance disciplines in the Novice, Junior and Senior categories, and will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating and relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow! Lukas VACLAVIK (SVK) in Juniors is the only Men's skater across the 7 levels being contested that isn't Turkish. :jaw:

If we look at the ISU part of the event, although the Ladies competitions have a lot of Turkish entrants, there is a decent number of international skaters as well. And in the Ice Dance competitions, the fields have a very international feel, with lots of countries represented.

Here is the Entries / Results page for the Non-ISU part of the event:

https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/Sezon/2024/220801ephesus_non/

There are no international entries at all in any of these competitions. There are just Turkish skaters competing.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just found the two Time Schedule PDF's and realised that there is a day with no competitions in between the two parts of the event.

Time Schedule for Non-ISU part of the event:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.or...---------------------_CompetitionSchedule.pdf

Time Schedule for ISU part of the event:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.or...---------------------_CompetitionSchedule.pdf

So, we have the non-ISU competitions on Monday and Tuesday; ISU practices on Wednesday; and the ISU competitions on Thursday to Sunday.

Well, that'll work out very nicely for making out Predictions for the Youth Olympics and the American Championships! ;) :biggrin:

And with the competitions finishing early in the day during the ISU part of the event, that'll give us plenty of time to catch up on the overnight action from Gangneung and / or Columbus.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It's not even 12 hours since the Volvo Open Cup finished, and already we are onto the next event!

Day 1 of the Ephesus Cup consists of a Chicks triple-bill; followed by a Cubs triple-bill. The Chicks triple-bill consists of 25 older girls; followed by 26 younger girls; followed by a dinner break; followed by 9 boys. The 25 older girls are arranged into two groups of 6; followed by a resurfacing; followed by a group of 6; followed by a group of 7.

Livestream for Chicks I Ladies FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AMfJcXssoY

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.or...BASNOV--05FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/Sezon/2024/220801ephesus_non/SEG009.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Skater #4 has kept her "Mickey" programme from last season!!!

I absolutely loved this programme last year. And I have long wanted to find a copy of it so that I could link to it whenever I have been discussing why Toni Basil's version of the song is better for skating to than other versions. But I couldn't remember her name. OK, so I remembered her first name, but it is a VERY common name in Turkey, and amongst Turkish skaters.

Awwww. She's been given a cuddly toy that is nearly as big as she is! :love:

Into 3rd position.

:cheer: WELL DONE ZEYNEP!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh. The first skater in Group 2 has withdrawn.

So straight onto Skater #8. And this sounds very French.

As a side note, having your hair done up in double buns seems to be very popular at the moment.

She goes into 2nd position.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Resurfacing, so time to start breakfast.

I'm going to be popping in and out to get toast during the next group, so will be drifting behind. But, I should hopefully be caught up again for the next competition.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow. The girl that kicked off the second half of the Chicks I competition got a serious amount of cuddly toys thrown down to her!

I wonder if she is a local skater...

EDIT: Just checked via some domestic competition results. She is.​

She goes into 6th position.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh. Looks like Skater #20 is another withdrawal. 😞

On the plus side, that'll give me a few more minutes to do things during the resurfacing before the Chicks II competition.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We continue our Chicks triple-bill with the younger girls. The 26 younger girls are arranged into two groups of 6; followed by a resurfacing; followed by two groups of 7.

Livestream for Chicks II Ladies FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AMfJcXssoY

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.or...BASNOV--06FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/Sezon/2024/220801ephesus_non/SEG010.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We just had the first of 2 skaters in this competition (and in this group!) that have Slavic names. And guess what young Zhenya was skating to... a string instrumetal version of "Hallelujah".

And such a beautiful blue and black dress she was wearing!

I haven't seen that before. One of the adults sitting with Zhenya (I suspect it was her Mum) took the cuddly toys off her and threw them up into the audience. I am really hoping that it was up to a family member, to save her having to carry them around.

The wee girl looked sad after they sat down, and kept looking up to where the toys had been thrown. But, then one of the rink staff came along and gave her a packet of sweets. And she cheered up.

She went into the lead.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I didn't recognise the music that the second of the girls with Slavic names was skating to. But, it made me think of the film "Frozen". And the costume made me think "snow queen" too.

Katya had exactly the same people sitting with her as Zhenya did. So, maybe that wasn't Zhenya's Mum after all that took the toys away.

Oh, a couple of extra people appeared for the photos. Maybe they were Katya's parents.

She takes the lead from her team mate by exactly 2.50 points

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK. We've reached the end of Group 1 early, so it looks like they are waiting until the scheduled time to start Group 2.

Never seen that happen before. Normally they wait until the interval to get back to schedule.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When the music started for Skater #8, I thought "oh, this is going to be one of those strange music choices". But then I realised it was "Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift. The audio was distorting so much coming through the arena speakers that I barely recognised it! :drama:

And she is drowning in cuddly toys! :love:

Yep, she's another local skater.

She goes into 4th position.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Skater #9 must be a Maurizio Zandron fan. (No prizes for guessing what she was skating to! :p )

And she got so many cuddly toys that she couldn't carry them all! A wee boy had to come out and help her! :drama:

Interestingly, she is not a local skater.

New leader by 2.19 points.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry Skater #17, but that costume did not say "Kung Fu Fighting" to me.

But, it was great to see somebody skating to it! I love that song!!! :rock:

She goes into 3rd.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ach, something's gone wrong with the stream during Skater #20. The picture has frozen, but the audio is continuing.

EDIT: Well, it came back, but not until she was waiting to get her scores.

She went into 17th.​

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Through the distortions, I think Skater #22 is skating to the same Lady Gaga song that my kid Oliviia Bazlova uses for her Basic Novice FS, "Bloody Mary".

Speaking of whom, after how impressive she was in the first half of the season, I am already missing seeing Oliviia skating. I had kinda been hoping that she would be at this event, or one of the events being held in the Baltic States in the weeks either side. But, alas. Hopefully it will not be long until she is in action again.

Hey, the music is doing this girl a good service. She's just gone into 3rd!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Time for the dinner break in Izmir. Back for the last of the Chicks competitions (the boys) in around 50m from now.

CaroLiza_fan