2025 Boston World Championships All-Event Tickets | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2025 Boston World Championships All-Event Tickets

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The prices have gone up drastically. I've been to Boston twice for figure skating and I swear the tickets are 50% more than ever. And you wonder why people are not attending these competitions. Add in airfare and lodging (unless you live in the Boston area) you could spend 10 days in Europe or take a river cruise for about the same amount as an all-event ticket with decent seats.
I don’t buy decent seats. I get the cheapest ones I can possibly get. They will move me into handicapped and those are where they are. Worlds 2016 was my first in person event and I was so excited I didn’t care where they were. You should have seen me when I first saw a Zamboni 😂😂😂. To your point it’s still a lot more. We stayed way out (Peabody) to save on hotel. I wouldn’t do that by myself with no help (my sister was still alive then and I was a lot more mobile).

I wonder how much longer people will attend these comps. I’m sure some will pay anything but there were, for example, many many fans who came there expressly to see Hanyu in 2016. I don’t think we have a skater in the world right now who would draw thousands of people from Asia to the US to see them. And the economy is so bad. I just don’t understand this move.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I wonder how much longer people will attend these comps. I’m sure some will pay anything but there were, for example, many many fans who came there expressly to see Hanyu in 2016. I don’t think we have a skater in the world right now who would draw thousands of people from Asia to the US to see them. And the economy is so bad. I just don’t understand this move.
you know, I saw quite a few Asian fans at ACI cheering for Boyang and Sota : not as many as when Hanyu came to ACI but some do still travel. I am sure they were there for Kaori and RR but I could only go to one day (dance and men) so I didn't get to see the fun for world champions.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t buy decent seats. I get the cheapest ones I can possibly get. They will move me into handicapped and those are where they are. Worlds 2016 was my first in person event and I was so excited I didn’t care where they were. You should have seen me when I first saw a Zamboni 😂😂😂. To your point it’s still a lot more. We stayed way out (Peabody) to save on hotel. I wouldn’t do that by myself with no help (my sister was still alive then and I was a lot more mobile).

There were a lot of Russians in the audience as well. Plus a lot of Canadians and its only one year after Montreal so some of them won't go.
But this Worlds is the Olympic qualifier so that is exciting.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The good thing about a steep rise in tickets prices is that all that extra revenue generated by the ISU will be going into the pockets of the athletes who risk their health and sacrifice their education for our enjoyment of the sport.

If tickets are up 50%, I'm sure the athletes will be receiving at least 50% more prizemoney than before, theoretically more since the fixed costs become proportionately smaller as revenue from the sale of tickets increases 50%. Maybe the athletes could be looking forward to a 75% to 100% increase in prizemoney. It would be long time coming and well deserved.

Personally I have no problem paying more for tickets when it goes straight to the skaters. Otherwise it kind of leaves a feeling like the fans are being gouged. I'm sure that is not the case here.
We eagerly await such an announcement.... do we?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don’t think we have a skater in the world right now who would draw thousands of people from Asia to the US to see them. And the economy is so bad. I just don’t understand this move.
They expect the up and coming to do so? Iliam Malinin and Isabeau Levito are being hyped and pushed by officialdom's pr. OTOH, Shoma and (as @4everchan mentions) Kaori do have devoted fans too... I just don't know that any names will overcome the hurdle of a 50% increase in a cost of living crisis time.

Still, if it flops they have plenty of time to have a fire sale. I suggest people wait :devil:

(PS - how are the ticket sales for Montreal going?)

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The website says no access to practice arena without credentials. I think last time one could win a “golden ticket” for access to the practice arena. Wonder if they will do that again.

You’re so lucky to live near there!!
I thought I read that all even tickets include practices but I could be wrong. It's a great place to live!

noskates

Record Breaker
I don't know for a fact that the tickets are up 50% - just was suggesting they had gone up a lot. We've been to Boston twice, as I mentioned, but getting from the hotel to the practice rink just is challenging. If you don't have a car you have to rely on public transit, taxis or Uber. And I'm not handicapped so don't have the benefit (?) that Moonvine has. I was never that interested in practices anyway and would never bother the skaters for pictures or autographs. Just going to watch this one wherever it's streamed.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are the balcony seats terrible? I was in row 26 at 2016 Worlds and I liked my seats.
I sat in the 2nd row of the balcony in 2016. It wasn't too bad but you obviously won't get a close view of the skaters facial expressions. You can really see rink coverage from up there. I will probably be up there again.

I did sit on the lower bowl during some of the less crowded events, so you could probably do that too.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They expect the up and coming to do so? Iliam Malinin and Isabeau Levito are being hyped and pushed by officialdom's pr. OTOH, Shoma and (as @4everchan mentions) Kaori do have devoted fans too... I just don't know that any names will overcome the hurdle of a 50% increase in a cost of living crisis time.

Still, if it flops they have plenty of time to have a fire sale. I suggest people wait :devil:

(PS - how are the ticket sales for Montreal going?)
I like watching Ilia skate, don’t get me wrong. I have seen him several times and am sure will get to see him many more times. I’m sure there will be other skaters there I’d like to see but can see at a smaller comp that is more doable for me such as Cranberrry or Philly.

Philly is $25 for the whole event and I get up close seats. And Isabeau was there last time I went. But not Ilia.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know for a fact that the tickets are up 50% - just was suggesting they had gone up a lot. We've been to Boston twice, as I mentioned, but getting from the hotel to the practice rink just is challenging. If you don't have a car you have to rely on public transit, taxis or Uber. And I'm not handicapped so don't have the benefit (?) that Moonvine has. I was never that interested in practices anyway and would never bother the skaters for pictures or autographs. Just going to watch this one wherever it's streamed.
I expect they have. Literally everything else has. Taxes on my car have gone up again this year.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
you know, I saw quite a few Asian fans at ACI cheering for Boyang and Sota : not as many as when Hanyu came to ACI but some do still travel. I am sure they were there for Kaori and RR but I could only go to one day (dance and men) so I didn't get to see the fun for world champions.
I didn’t mean that none would travel. Nathan Chen is amazing skater but he did not have hordes of fans following him to every event making Pooh rains. I really think we may not ever see another skater with fans like Hanyu again.

I travel for Gracie. ❤️ Can’t afford to go to every event. I would if I could!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I didn’t mean that none would travel. Nathan Chen is amazing skater but he did not have hordes of fans following him to every event making Pooh rains. I really think we may not ever see another skater with fans like Hanyu again.
That's fine with me :) as you know, I don't like plushy rains.
I travel for Gracie. ❤️ Can’t afford to go to every event. I would if I could!
Is she scheduled to compete soon.

Last edited:

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was just coming here to let everyone know I got an email about ticket sales, and saw this thread. LOL

Here is the content of the email.

We are writing because you attended a recent skating event in Boston, were a spectator at the ISU World Championships in 2016, or registered at www.isuworlds2025.com to receive important information about the ISU World Figure Skating Championships® 2025, including tickets, local hotels, competition schedules, answers to frequently asked questions, and more. The website is now live and available for you to take a look and begin to familiarize yourself with our plans to make these Boston World Championships one of the best ever!

All-Event Tickets

We are excited to announce that All-Event tickets will officially go on sale on November 15, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. EST. As you may already know, an All-Event ticket is actually a digital "book" of 8 tickets to the 8 competitive events of the championships. These are for the short and free skate programs for the disciplines of men, ladies, pairs, and dance. An All-Event ticket guarantees you the same great seat at every individual event and also the best seats since individual event tickets will not go on sale for another year. Importantly, an All-Event ticket includes a pass for admission to the practices at TD Garden and access to the (new) qualifying round of competition early in the week.

Holiday Gifts

Once purchased, your tickets will be processed, and within several weeks, directions will be sent to you electronically to access your tickets. (Likely, early in the new year.) Once you have your tickets, you can split them up, and if you like, share and give them as gifts. With the holidays fast approaching, we've learned that these tickets make great gifts for the skating fans in your life.

More Information and Ticket Link

Please visit the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2025 website for more information about the event, ticket prices, draft schedule (subject to change), and other important event information, including how to purchase All-Event tickets.

If you have any questions, please email [email protected].

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
53326267797_d6384952b7_c.jpg

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope that all who want to go, are able to find tickets and lodgings they can afford.

As soon as I heard about this, I started socking away money. However, my circumstances are different from most others. As a single gay man, I have no dependents, and I live on the East Coast so I can drive to Boston, which means no air fare or rental car, which means more 'disposable cash' for this event.

b-man

Final Flight
Are the balcony seats terrible? I was in row 26 at 2016 Worlds and I liked my seats.
I sat in lower bowl twice, 2014 Nats and 2016 Worlds, both seats great. I lucked into a seat with Skating Club of Boston in 2016, 3 rows behind Tara and Johnny and next to family of national skater!

I bought a cheap seat for the separate gala in 2014 and sat in balcony. and it was indeed horrible. This is a huge arena and balcony seats are very high.