4CC Judging | Golden Skate

4CC Judging

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
So I figured I would start this thread just to see what you all though of the judging of this event. I thought it was a bit all over the place. I thought it was raining technical marks for the last 6 skaters and I thought the PCS scores were a bit over done/ underdone on some skaters. Some examples I noticed are these:

Misha Ge PCS scores are only totaling 76.92. Jin had 77. I dont see a comparison as Misha's skating is so much better than Boyang's yet he still out scored him in that department. Nam Nguyen had a score of 72 on PCS. IMO that should be closer to Boyang's score and Misha should be in the 80's for sure.

Alaine Chartrand had a PCS score of 54.. Kaetlyn and Gabby both had around 64. I dont see a 10 point difference between those 3 ladies. Honestly I was a bit shocked Gabby had the highest PCS scores in the entire competition for ladies beating out Kaetlyn. I think Kaetlyn's falls didn't help her though. When you fall that much its hard to not give up some PCS points.

Some of the technical scores surprised me a bit. Boyang received 106 in technical scores. The guy fell and had so many negative grades of execution, I dont understand how he gets over 100 points with all of those mistakes.

One more thing I'd like to point out which I found a bit funny. Judge #6 (USA) in the FD put all 3 american teams ahead of virture and moir in technique and they gave the shibs a perfect 10.00 in 2 of the PCS categories. Oh the drama is starting.. next year is the olympics.. what kind of judging debacle are we going to have this time?

sallycinnamon

Medalist
So I figured I would start this thread just to see what you all though of the judging of this event. I thought it was a bit all over the place. I thought it was raining technical marks for the last 6 skaters and I thought the PCS scores were a bit over done/ underdone on some skaters. Some examples I noticed are these:

Misha Ge PCS scores are only totaling 76.92. Jin had 77. I dont see a comparison as Misha's skating is so much better than Boyang's yet he still out scored him in that department. Nam Nguyen had a score of 72 on PCS. IMO that should be closer to Boyang's score and Misha should be in the 80's for sure.

Alaine Chartrand had a PCS score of 54.. Kaetlyn and Gabby both had around 64. I dont see a 10 point difference between those 3 ladies. Honestly I was a bit shocked Gabby had the highest PCS scores in the entire competition for ladies beating out Kaetlyn. I think Kaetlyn's falls didn't help her though. When you fall that much its hard to not give up some PCS points.

Some of the technical scores surprised me a bit. Boyang received 106 in technical scores. The guy fell and had so many negative grades of execution, I dont understand how he gets over 100 points with all of those mistakes.

One more thing I'd like to point out which I found a bit funny. Judge #6 (USA) in the FD put all 3 american teams ahead of virture and moir in technique and they gave the shibs a perfect 10.00 in 2 of the PCS categories. Oh the drama is starting.. next year is the olympics.. what kind of judging debacle are we going to have this time?

And in the PCS, the American judge also put all three American teams ahead of V/M in the SP too (if I remember correctly in the TES she put Chock/Bates ahead of V/M)

Scandalous :angry1:

What's the point of the abolishment of the anonymous judging? :scratch3:

gladiolusc

Medalist

He didn't get 106. Boyang's planned jump BV is 95.18. His executed jump BV is 91.58. He received -7.89 in GOE from his jumps, mainly due to the two falls. After spins and steps are added, he received 100.74 in TES, with an added -2 deduction, to a total of 98.74. I don't think that's too high of a tech score for him.

Last edited:

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
He didn't get 106. Boyang's planned BV is 95.18. His executed BV is 91.58. He received -7.89 in GOE from his jumps, mainly due to the two falls. After spins and steps are added, he received 100.74 in TES, with an added -2 deduction, to a total of 98.74. I don't think that's too high of a tech score for him.

Oh.. I do see it.. his BV is 106.18 (unless I'm reading the score sheet wrong again lol. Yes I see he got 100.74 for his TES score in the FS. I was still getting at him getting over 100 points for that many mistakes.

gladiolusc

Medalist
Oh.. I do see it.. his BV is 106.18 (unless I'm reading the score sheet wrong again lol. Yes I see he got 100.74 for his TES score in the FS. I was still getting at him getting over 100 points for that many mistakes.

I meant planned BV as in planned jump BV, sorry. Executed BV from jumps = 91.58. But basically, he didn't get +1 GOE in any of his elements and he got -ve GOE's for 4 of them. I don't know how you expect to dock even more points in his TES.....?

In terms of PCS, yes, there's a lot of weirdness. Misha and Boyang being close to me reads Misha being underscored. Similarly, I find Jason to be underscored when I compare him to Nathan. It seems like PCS was tiered based on the existence of quads to me, which I disagree with. :confused2:

Last edited: