5th Event of Russian Cup, 20 - 24 Nov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

5th Event of Russian Cup, 20 - 24 Nov

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
If it goes like that, Samoilov will stay a second tier skater.

At the moment i see 6 skaters with very good chances to make the EU/world team, but Samoilov is not between them. A pity, he has not bad skating skills, but his programs are between bland and very bland.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah Samoilov has really good skating skills but man, I think his SP from last year was his best program. Oh well. I prefer other guys anyway. LOL But luck and health to him.

I think I kinda like this LP from Petrov. Usually I hate his programs :laugh:

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Well done, Rukhin. Russia has some very promising juniors. We might don't see any of the top senior from this year at Beijing Oly.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, Kovtun has won it :rofl:

And rightfully so.

At some point I hope team Eteri starts to work on Rukhin elements (GOE). His PCS are weak compared to the other junior boys and some of them will beat him with just two 3axels and no quads. He's a bit wooden.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
So we have seen TAT power working its miracle in many ways once again... :laugh2:

- - - Updated - - -

And rightfully so.

At some point I hope team Eteri starts to work on Rukhin elements. His PCS are weak compared to the other junior boys and some of them will beat him just with two 3axels and no quads.

Eteri doesn't worl with the boys presentation. All her men are boring...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So we have seen TAT power working its miracle in many ways once again... :laugh2:

Yeah, it's called staying away and leaving Kovtun alone.

Well I hope they do better with Kunitsa. Not confident in that kid getting the big jumps but still, he is the best PCS skater in the RUS junior field. Please no pantomiming for him, that's all I ask :drama:

LadyB

Record Breaker

Morisi was just a delight to watch at Rostelecom. A bit inconsistent, but when he's on, he's on. And Daniil Samsonov to me is one of the most exciting young skaters around.

But on a different note: I'm so super happy for Fedor Klimov to launch his coaching debut with Akopova/Shagalov. He seemed to enjoy himself. Can't wait for today's FS. Good on you, Fedya! :love::love::love:

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I don't liked Morisi even at Rostelecom where he hit the jumps. His style, his choreography, nothing speaks to me at the moment, sorry. I cannot remember Samsonov, sorry, how old is he? But i liked Skirda when he was with Eteri, their style including the pantomiming worked very well for the young and full energy Skirda.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Samsonov turned 13 in July. He's the funky guy who took part in the gala at Rostelecom 2017 and the Europeans this year. He looks a bit like a mini Robbie Williams. So far, he won both his stages of the Cup of Russia in the Junior category and the Junior Moscow Championships.
I still love Skirda, hope he'll gets his act (and jumps) together at some point.

Azikin

Medalist
Junior ladies starting. Khrustalny's exhibition ended perfectly.. ;)
Not the most packed event but at least there's an interesting name in every group... Moroz starting...

Azikin

Medalist
Muravyova missed one spin and got only 63 points.. quite disappointing.. but she sure is a talented gal...

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Bad day for Panova' girls. Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes...

Guy, who made infographics for youtube stream, did some mistakes too - listed Eteri and Dudakov as current coaches of Tarakanova :confused2:

Azikin

Medalist
1. Shabotova
2. Khromykh
3. Muravyova

All very nice.. they should have sent these three girls to France instead.. ;)
Unfortunately Kostyuk messed up..