Russian Senior Test Skates 2023 | Page 73 | Golden Skate

Russian Senior Test Skates 2023

bramweld

Record Breaker
Thanks for the boys coverage, I don't have the courage to watch that discipline.

Really happily surprised by Boi/Koz, Irina/ David, Kos/Kun...

Until.

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I missed the Ice Dance and ladies today so will have to catch up on them, of the men Zhenya and Sasha were my favorites, can't wait for the rest of the season now. Its a shame the Russians can't compete internationally yet, it would be interesting to see where they would slot in.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
By the way does anyone know why Khavronina looked so emotional after the free dance?
Among the newly paired dance teams Kh/N seem to be looking the strongest (technically at least).

katymay

Medalist
I think in the women, you can really see the toll of no intl competitions. they don't look particularly motivated
Gosh I disagree. (respectfully). I think because of all the media hoopla they were not able to train this week, and therefore didn't do 3A's and quads. Veronika and Adeliia-you can tell they are gunning for a place on the olympic team, a win at Russian Nationals, etc. Kamila-even with the extra weight looked very well trained and in condition. Many of the girls have been doing shows all summer, so perhaps a bit behind-but still almost all of them looked impressive, polished and ready to launch the season. (i can't wait!!!).

Remilia

On the Ice
Thoughts
Maia: Well, the jumps weren't there, but even before her injury, she was very inconsistent even with triples. I doubt she'll ever restore the quads and be competitive in Russia again, but it's nice to see her back on the ice. This program doesn't do anything for me, and Maia herself didn't really seem into it, though, she did try.

Muravieva: Ngl, her dresses always look the same, but hey, at least she gets them for free. The program in and of itself isn't anything spectacular, more of the usual. However, her ability to perform and emote elevates it. I will never tire of watching her.

Veronika: I think the program is good and has potential, but it definitely needs some more work. Still, I could see that Nika was actually using her face and trying to perform, so hopefully she will continue to improve there as she gets more comfortable with the program. Some of the dance parts were also too stiff.

Kami: Love the costume. The program, on the other hand...Well, it had potential, and there are some great parts, but Dani G gonna Dani G. Eteri needs to start back doing choreo for sambo. It seems her stamina started to run out at the end, but given she had eye surgery recently and was off the ice, I'd say she looks to be in good condition.

Petrosyan: This costume would be a 10/10 were it not for the hanging parts, and she is too short to make the cut work. I like this program far more than her short, probably because it is reminiscent of Kami's storm program, which I can't help but wonder if they were trying to recreate.

Anyway, the VOD on 1tv was quite bad...Too much buffering. Hope the grand prix stages and nats will be streamed on youtube.

Remilia

On the Ice
I think in the women, you can really see the toll of no intl competitions. they don't look particularly motivated
Eh, I don't necessarily agree with this. I think people need to remember that the primary purpose of test skates is to present the programs to the officials and get feedback on them before the competitions start. It is only within the last like, 3 years that it has turned into such a spectacle. This isn't a competition, and no one should expect the skaters to perform like it is or be 100% perfect.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
i'd like to ask the russians of the forum how they know some italian songs :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I already posted about this in the junior test skate thread when we were watching the rhythm dance. Italian and German pop music was very popular in the USSR in the 70s-80s, because only representatives of these countries were allowed to perform on the air, recordings of their concerts were broadcast, and reports from the San Remo festival appeared. It was the only Western European music that could be heard everywhere. Our parents know this pop music very well and love it as a memory of their youth. And we love these songs after them. That's why there are so many playlists on YouTube of Italian pop music from the 70s and 80s, created by Russians and for Russians. It's a part of our culture.

Hello everyone from Megasport, folks, I've been watching everything live and I'm very happy with it.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I already posted about this in the junior test skate thread when we were watching the rhythm dance. Italian and German pop music was very popular in the USSR in the 70s-80s, because only representatives of these countries were allowed to perform on the air, recordings of their concerts were broadcast, and reports from the San Remo festival appeared. It was the only Western European music that could be heard everywhere. Our parents know this pop music very well and love it as a memory of their youth. And we love these songs after them. That's why there are so many playlists on YouTube of Italian pop music from the 70s and 80s, created by Russians and for Russians. It's a part of our culture.

Hello everyone from Megasport, folks, I've been watching everything live and I'm very happy with it.
yes, but Zucchero isn't among those classic italian pop singer your parents like. the song picked for that program is from the 2000s and i don't think it was popular for more than a year (it was the classic very very light summer song that after the season is over nobody cares about anymore)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have one thing to say...

Sasha Samarin is an icon. I mean how much fun did he have during that program! Love the man's work.

Also possibly the least scary shirt he's ever worn :laugh2:

Last edited:

icewhite

Record Breaker
yes, but Zucchero isn't among those classic italian pop singer your parents like. the song picked for that program is from the 2000s and i don't think it was popular for more than a year (it was the classic very very light summer song that after the season is over nobody cares about anymore)

I think it might be one of those cases where the singer/song may be more famous outside of its own country. Baila morena, like some other Zucchero songs, definitely still gets played on the radio here in G, not often, but it's not completely forgotten. And I think for instance footballer Lothar Matthäus had him singing for his last game or something, that must have been around 2000. At that time Matthäus was still very famous and could certainly have chosen other singers, but chose Zucchero because he liked him so much...

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I think it might be one of those cases where the singer/song may be more famous outside of its own country. Baila morena, like some other Zucchero songs, definitely still gets played on the radio here in G, not often, but it's not completely forgotten. And I think for instance footballer Lothar Matthäus had him singing for his last game or something, that must have been around 2000. At that time Matthäus was still very famous and could certainly have chosen other singers, but chose Zucchero because he liked him so much...
the song was out around that time too. fun fact: in the 80s Zucchero was far from the safe and traditional style singers like Cutugno or Ricchi e Poveri are famous for. some of his lyrics (mostly about sex) could be considered outrageous :biggrin: (actually i'd call most of his 80s works plagiarism but that's another matter)