2023-24 Spartakiad | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Spartakiad

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Mura is already back on the ice doing spins and footwork, she's just wasn't ready for competition right now but it's nothing that would have kept her from Worlds, if the Russians were going.

Senior Worlds team would have been Adeliia, Mura and Kseniia. Probably same for Euros, though they could have split the assignments and given one each to Anna and Ksenia (which they've done sometimes in the past).

Under normal circumstances, all of the internationally Jr-eligible skaters intending to compete for the Jr Worlds spots would have done both Jr and Sr Nationals (if eligible), as I don't remember Russia ever sending anyone who has only done Sr Nationals (unless there was an injury/illness preventing participation at Jr Nationals). Anna likely wouldn't have been sent as a result, and Margarita isn't Jr eligible., so the Jr Worlds team would have likely been Alisa, and two of Alina Gorbacheva, Daria Sadkova, Lidia Pleskacheva and Sofia Dzepka, depending on how Jr Nationals would have turned out like and their international results.
Perfect!! Ok. This makes sense to me. And summarizes the Russian situation perfectly for me.

It would just be funny to me, to have watched Anna Frolova (an elegant skater) competing at Junior Worlds with the rest of the tiny little girls…

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
For women it's clear
Adeliia Petrosian
Kseniia Sinitsyna
Anna Frolova
Alina Gorbacheva
Veronika Yametova
Daria Sadkova
Is Muravieva not eligible based off of her Nats performance?

Also is it the same format as junior channel 1 meaning that Petrosian gets another chance at a clean FS?

I'm devastated over her 4F; she landed it perfect in warmup and she even said in the interview that she was more confident in the 4F than 4T.

It will be a disgrace on humanity if this program doesnt get the perfect skate that it deserves.

Mathematician

Medalist
Adeliia has such gorgeous extension on every move. Not a finger or toe out of place. So unfair that she will not get the opportunity to take on the world.
She will still get a chance at OGM and that is the only thing the world actually cares about. The intermediary events like GP and Worlds get no viewers, and they have to shut off comments for obvious reasons :laugh:. You can rest easy that in the end there will be justice.

Last edited:

Mathematician

Medalist
The season is over for me, there are some fun events left in Russia and some secondary events internationally, but for me this marks the end of the season.
I think its still important to see if Adeliia will skate a perfect FS in the channel 1 cup.

Moreover I dont know if this is possible but... what are the chances we see Akateva at the show event? How do the qualifications work for that? Shes back on ice so maybe she can participate and not jump hard content?

Otherwise I agree that I generally dont care about those kinds of events. Though I'm still interested in what Adeliia comes up with for the show event as well because she is who she is.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Hey, guys, I'm back. It was a great weekend trip and I don't regret a single thing, even though I slept sitting on the trains and partly sitting in the waiting rooms. It was really good to see everyone.
I 'm very happy that Andrei is on the right way, and I don't lose optimism. At the moment 4S and 3A are a bit problematic, as the new teams is fixing the technique of these jumps. His mood is the most positive, he is motivated to work on changing for the better. We will probably see the results in the new season.
I 'm glad that he fulfilled his goal and got into the top 6.

Welcome to Magnitogorsk, it's really fun here.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
that fox is very popular :biggrin:
Must be mentally exhausting being a mascot
This mascot's name is Timosha and he is the mascot of the Metallurg hockey team.
I was photographed with him (we both represent the fox species, you know, since Mozalev's fans are also foxes). We talked a bit, this fox is a very nice and responsible young man, very busy, he was busy doing something all the time, he created a festive atmosphere.

Azikin

Medalist
what are the chances we see Akateva at the show event? How do the qualifications work for that? Shes back on ice so maybe she can participate and not jump hard content?
I think there's some fan voting for this so maybe there's a chance if she's ready which is not sure..

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Moreover I dont know if this is possible but... what are the chances we see Akateva at the show event? How do the qualifications work for that? Shes back on ice so maybe she can participate and not jump hard content?
Skaters send their ideas, the federation decides participants based on these ideas.

Mathematician

Medalist
No but there're 3 more spots for voting

No it isn't the same. I'll post it later. You can check it on fsrussia.
Just checked - there is FS. All thats matters.

Since there is both SP and FS this time instead of just SP, do you know if results will be official for skating scores?

Im sure that Muravieva will get voted in. Her fan group already is preparing for supporting her there.

By the way where can we go to vote?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Just checked - there is FS. All thats matters.
But every participant will have only one program.

do you know if results will be official for skating scores?
No as there're no protocols.

By the way where can we go to vote?

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Returning to this competition, speaking of Aliev, I am still catching up and I was happy to see him skating a strong free in this competition despite understandable lack of motivation.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Returning to this competition, speaking of Aliev, I am still catching up and I was happy to see him skating a strong free in this competition despite understandable lack of motivation.
Ditto for Kondratyuk, and wish I could say the same about Mozalev, but that FS was as painful to watch as ever, not that I hoped for more given how recently he went to Duduakov. Maybe next season?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Saddened that ur's still haunt Kulikova, but Agaeva's free was my favorite among the women I haven't had a chance to appreciate before.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yay for Gorbacheva's 4S back, and Frolova and Sinitsina on the podium. Too bad 4F wasn't in the cards for Petrosyan, but her 3A looked great in SP.

Overall, I think the audience in Magnitogorsk really uplifted the competition, since most skaters kinda justified Aliev's description, which is perfectly understandable.

Mathematician

Medalist
But every participant will have only one program.
Ohh, I understand. Well I will Pray then that she takes the FS. I think its very likely she will because she already had a clean SP but not FS; I think she should be motivated to give it a clean skate.