2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 1 - Ufa | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 1 - Ufa

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
He is with Liza who got screwed in the aftermath of K/A break up. Im so exited for them as im fan of both .
3 cheers for team screwed 💪 Sounds a bit wrong but you know what I mean😅

I'm still learning not to take Russian ice dance drama too seriously but still I hope these guys do well. (Also is it just me or Pasechnik looks a bit like Khavronina especially in the leg lines...)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just catching up on this.

Semenenko seems solid. Good win for him!!
I thought Andrei bombed from reading some of the comments. But, a bronze medal here, is not bad.

Does anybody know how Vika Safanova did? What she scored? I hate how they don’t post results for the Belarusians

Adeliya - If the 4F isn’t working, I don’t understand why they don’t insert the 3A? If I was on her team, I would go for two 3A or two 4T, whichever is more consistent. For today, it should have been two 3A and one 4T. She has too many options. Sometimes, it is better to be like Valieva with just the 4T or Mura with just the 3A.
Good win for Adeliya!! This would have scored 220+ internationally; Good start though!! Love that Adeliya isn’t too happy! She will come through later on this season!

Anna Frolova - Love her; shame on the last spin. But, solid silver medal 🥈

Elizaveta Kulikova - I’ve always loved her. I think she should have scored higher. But, a bronze medal 🥉 at any Russian stage, is a huge accomplishment for her.

Maria T - 6th place; not bad; she is on the cusp of qualifying for Nationals. Just nice to have her back 🤗

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Just catching up on this.

Semenenko seems solid. Good win for him!!
I thought Andrei bombed from reading some of the comments. But, a bronze medal here, is not bad.

Andrei is the strictest critic for himself, he doesn't particularly pay attention to the unpleasant reviews.
But you are right, taking bronze in such competition is not a bad achievement.

Selivanovp

Rinkside
Does anybody know how Vika Safanova did? What she scored? I hate how they don’t post results for the Belarusians
She was skating out of competition, that's why they were not including her in the public scores table.
Vika got 119.01 for FP and 184,40 overall (5th place if she were competing).

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
That's actually not true at all. Anna was Sasha's main competitor for the most of their careers. The only season Sasha was dominating and actually getting all those junior gold medals and records was when Anna broke her leg and was out of competitions for half a year and then recovering from injury. As soon as Anna healed her leg, Sasha was ahead of her only once- on a RusNats 2021/2022, when Anna was once again recovering from injury.

Aliona was beating both Anna and Sasha only thanks to their own falls from quads. As soon as Anna skated clean both of her programs she got RusNats gold ahead of Aliona, Sasha just never was able to skate both of her programs clean against Aliona.
I didn’t want to answer you before the end of the competition, so that there would be no offtopic. You greatly simplify this situation, looking from today. In fact, after recovery, Anna lost to Sasha several times. For example, after winning the regular Russian Championship in 2019, Anna took only second place at the Russian Junior Championship and the World Junior Championship, and Sasha won these tournaments.

In the 2019/2020 season, at the Grand Prix stages, Sasha received a higher score than Anna, losing to her only in the final. And even the loss in the 2020 Russian Championship and the subsequent European Championship hardly changed Sasha’s attitude towards herself and Anna in any way. Already that season, Trusova pretended to do five quads, while Anna usually planned one such jump or two. She had three quads at the Russian Championships and the European Championships only.

In general, I think that coaches began to perceive Anna as a skater clearly ahead of Trusova around the beginning of the 2020/21 season. But Sasha herself has not realized this until now. She saw Aliona, she saw Kamila - they were the number one threat to her, but not Anna. Probably, journalists also had a significant influence here, constantly leaving Shcherbakova in the shadows and extolling other skaters (including Trusova, of course).

What does all this matter today? I still think that Bazylyuk will not repeat Trusova’s path and will not chase more quads.