Country
Russia
Russian Grand Prix - Stage 2 - "The Heart of Siberia"

Date:
17-23 October 2023
Venue: G-Drive Arena, Omsk, Russia
Categories: Junior, Senior
Disciplines: Single and Pair Skating, Ice Dance

Current local time in Omsk, Russia (UTC+6)
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/russia/omsk

This season there's no official Youtube stream. Replays are uploaded on this channel after a competition is over. There are two ways to watch the official broadcast:
1) Channel One website. The website is blocked in some countries by local providers. You can use Dutch VPN if you are from Europe, or Canadian VPN if you are from the USA to avoid the block.
2) VLC media player. Open this link: https://1tv-live-gcore.servicecdn.ru/dash-live3/streams/sport-1/sport-1.mpd via the player. This option is preferable because the broadcast quality will be better.

Schedule - Juniors:
Wednesday, 18 October

17.30-19.40 - Ice Dance - Rhythm Dance
20:00-20.50 - Pairs - Short Program

Thursday, 19 October
13.15-15.30 - Ice Dance - Free Dance
15.45-16.20 - Pairs - Free Skate
16.50-19.20 - Women - Short Program
19.35-21.40 - Men - Short Program

Friday, 20 October
12.45-15.20 - Women - Free Skate
15.45-18.20 - Men - Free Skate

Schedule - Seniors:
Saturday, 21 October

14.15-14.45 - Opening Ceremony
15.00-16.25 - Men - Short Program
16.45-18.00 - Women - Short Program
18.15-19.15 - Pairs - Short Program

Sunday, 22 October
14.30-16.15 - Men - Free Skate
16.30-18.00 - Women - Free Skate
18.15-19.30 - Pairs - Free Skate
20.00-20.30 - Awards Ceremony

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Entries

Junior Ice DanceJunior PairsJunior WomenJunior MenSenior Men
Senior Women
Senior Pairs
Anna Kolomenskaya/Artem FrolovVeronika Merenkova/Danil GalimovSofia TitovaKirill KropylevMatvei VetluginMaria AgaevaAlena Kostornaia/Georgy Kunitsa
Elizaveta Maleina/Matvei SamokhinVarvara Cheremnykh/Daniil ButenkoMaria MazurTimofei ShelkovnikovAndrei AnisimovAlina GorbachevaAnastasia Mishina/Aleksandr Galliamov
Polina Neganova/Artem FedotovValeria Khodykina/Aleksei BelkinPolina TikhonovaVyacheslav KasyanenkoMark KondratiukVeronika ZhilinaNatalia Khabibullina/Ilya Knyazhuk
Yaroslava Vorobieva/Georgy TsymbalovKira Domozhirova/Ilya VegeraValeria ZorinaNikita SentsovGrigory FedorovArina VidineevaElizaveta Kuleshova/Vladimir Sled
Polina Zharova/Ranel IbatullinViktoria MorozovaAleksei ZavodskikhSemion SoloviovSofia ZakharovaYulia Artemieva/Aleksei Bryukhanov
Uliana Zakharova/Mikhail PechenkinAlisa DvoeglazovaArseniy SlovyaginAlexander BorodinZarina KashapovaKarina Akopova/Nikita Rakhmanin
Sofia Zagrebaeva/Veniamin BashurovOlesya MoiseevaRoman PopovAleksei ErokhovAngelina Palagina
Vasilisa Grigorieva/Evgeni ArtyushchenkoLidia PleskachevaVladislav SkvortsovMaksim PetrovMaria Paramonova
Aleksandra Shinkarenko/Vladislav MikhailovArina PuzankovaAleksandr ChmilMikhail PolyanskiAdeliia Petrosian
Anfisa Pustornakova/Bogdan ShamkovKsenia VaginaMark LukinIvan PopovDaria Tretiakova
Sofia Titanyan/Vladislav GlazunovMargarita BelskikhMakar PuzinEgor RukhinViktoria Fedyanina
Alisa Abdullina/Egor PetrovVarvara GordienkoAleksandr SemkovMikhail TernovskiyLyudmila Fursova
Maria GaninaGleb Kovtun
Elizaveta LabutinaMaksim Badavi
Sofia BuzaIlya Neretin
Ekaterina Chichilimova
Sofia Glagolievskaya
Riana Kadyrova

Last edited:

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
On juniors men:
Timofei Shelkovnikov said that he got assigned to stages in Omsk and in Kazan.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Senior entries are up.

Akatieva, Sinitsyna, Chikmareva/Yanchenkov, Kovalev WD due to health reasons.

Adeliia Petrosian is added.

Very few pairs. And there will be a lot (up to 12) at the next stages. Very uneven stages in both juniors and seniors. Reducing stages doesn't help at all, it will just lead to the latter stages being even more packed than last season.

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Chikmareva/Yanchenkov looked decent at the perm cup but I guess they are not recovered yet :(

With how little pairs there are in this stage the other remaining stages will be hell to qualify from. Alena and Georgy lucked out even a 4th place finish here will set them up nicely.

Im assuming Sonya doesn't have her ultra c yet so avoiding going head to head with Nika at this point makes sense. Hope Ksenia is ok.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
With how little pairs there are in this stage the other remaining stages will be hell to qualify from. Alena and Georgy lucked out even a 4th place finish here will set them up nicely.
All junior pairs perform at first stages, and seniors have very few participants. Then all juniors go to the latest senior stages, and last junior stages are empty. I understand that it must be difficult to adapt to different criteria, but qualifying to Sr Nats should cost it. Nothing prevents, for example, Ch/B from competing here and having a huge chance to make it to Sr Nats.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
All junior pairs perform at first stages, and seniors have very few participants. Then all juniors go to the latest senior stages, and last junior stages are empty. I understand that it must be difficult to adapt to different criteria, but qualifying to Sr Nats should cost it. Nothing prevents, for example, Ch/B from competing here and having a huge chance to make it to Sr Nats.
Tbh, I don't understand why they allow just the pairs to do Jr and Sr GP stages. Among the women and the men there are a lot of skaters who could (and possibly would) do both, but they are unable to, so why not the pairs too? :scratch2:

Especially because skaters who qualify for Sr Nats are able to request competing at Jr Nats if age-eligible without having done the Jr GP, just like Alina Gorbacheva did last season.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Guys, I will be at Skate America, so please, cheer for Zhilina and Popov for me :cheer::pray:
I will leave balloons, of course, but they need extra help!
Will do! They're favourites of mine too.

And Tito's going to be here! :cheer: Hoping I can catch it!

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Guys, I will be at Skate America, so please, cheer for Zhilina and Popov for me :cheer::pray:
I will leave balloons, of course, but they need extra help!
It looks like Morozova and Puzin will also be here.

Last edited:

katymay

Medalist
I wish Sofia Zacharova had picked a less competitive stage, senior ladies is really loaded here, and it looks like she won't make it to final if she competes here. She is one of my favorites. Darn.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I wish Sofia Zacharova had picked a less competitive stage, senior ladies is really loaded here, and it looks like she won't make it to final if she competes here. She is one of my favorites. Darn.
I think it's less competitive stage than any of the next ones.

icewhite

Record Breaker
While for women the first stage was the weakest I think, for the men it's this one. Looks very depleted now and like an easy win for Kondratiuk, although I hope for the best for Vetlugin and Erokhov.

Skating91

Medalist
I thought I had read that Petrosian was in this next round now and Sonya out, but had to check it again. Thought maybe I had too much drink when reading it.

In all honesty it makes for a better stage because I think Akatieva is way behind now in preparation (which is good there is no reason to rush back the main start is over two months away). Petrosian/Zhilina/Gorbacheva (assuming Gorbacheva has at least one quad still) makes for a fascinating match up. If Zhilina can get up over Petrosian it will have Team Tutberitze a little nervous. My prediction is that Zhilina is under a new kind of pressure now and will not land the jumps easily. Petrosian after a bad outing and with some experience under her belt will make the adjustments this week. Hopefully Alina puts in a good performance I thought her SP was strong at test skates but with no triple axel she would have to be perfect across two programs (she is stable I don't put it past her).

Poor Zacharova getting two starts like this early in the season. Her opportunity for a medal was last week but unfortunately didn't go to plan, now up against this murderers row of a line up this weekend. No real opportunity to work on anything to improve in a 6 day period. Brutal. Not good for her development. I was impressed by the height she was getting on the lutz and flip last weekend. There is some untapped potential there.

Last edited: