Russian Senior Test Skates 2023 | Page 74 | Golden Skate

Russian Senior Test Skates 2023

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Can someone just tell me if Mozalev stayed on his feet for at least some of his jumping passes?

icewhite

Record Breaker
Can someone just tell me if Mozalev stayed on his feet for at least some of his jumping passes?

Hi did, but only for some. But almost everyone fell and there were lots of pops and other mishaps as well. There were worse showings than his. It didn't look like most of them were ready or planning to be ready for the season yet. As far as I can remember Kondratyuk was the cleanest, Semenenko also seemed in good shape, the others... I really think you can't tell much from these performances yet.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
He did very well to start the season. Two falls from quad salchow, in short and free skate, touching the ice with his hand on tulup in short skate, the rest is good.
I'll post the video in his fan thread.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
yes, but Zucchero isn't among those classic italian pop singer your parents like. the song picked for that program is from the 2000s and i don't think it was popular for more than a year (it was the classic very very light summer song that after the season is over nobody cares about anymore)
Yes, in the 90s and 2000s we already had complete freedom of choice, and my generation grew up with Marilyn Manson, Eminem and the Spice Girls. However, the Italian pop of the 90s got a lot of love too, including Zucchero 🫶

Especially for you I found a touching confirmation of Russians' love for Italian trashy music. Enjoy! Here, this Russian ensemble sings Italian songs with a touching Russian accent that they don't even hide. And they definitely have orders! Russians are singing, Russians are having a blast on the dance floor, and the songs are Italian.

And this boy band in a small Russian town sings a medley of Italian songs. The listeners are very happy.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
He did very well to start the season. Two falls from quad salchow, in short and free skate, touching the ice with his hand on tulup in short skate, the rest is good.
I'll post the video in his fan thread.
I'm just waiting for mom to come for a visit to catch up on YouTube together. But I was worried. Thanks for the replies! It seems like dejavu, heh, Mozalev falling on 4S.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm just waiting for mom to come for a visit to catch up on YouTube together. But I was worried. Thanks for the replies! It seems like dejavu, heh, Mozalev falling on 4S.
Unfortunately, there are no YouTube streams/videos. Team Tutberizde posted a few videos of some of their skaters on YouTube, but you'll have to find the rest on the Channel 1 website

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, there are no YouTube streams/videos. Team Tutberizde posted a few videos of some of their skaters on YouTube, but you'll have to find the rest on the Channel 1 website
Yeah, should be able to do that too. I will have to hook up the laptop to the TV anyway for anything other than JGP this season. Like, that's why YouTube is my preferred way. So much easier...

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
For this time of year and his current situation he did well, short program a little worse, free program much better and overall not bad. It doesn't look like a catastrophe.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Yes, in the 90s and 2000s we already had complete freedom of choice, and my generation grew up with Marilyn Manson, Eminem and the Spice Girls. However, the Italian pop of the 90s got a lot of love too, including Zucchero 🫶
Plus "Baila morena" is very popular in our country, by the way, the last Russian cover of this song was posted on YouTube less than half a year ago. In general, there are a lot of Russian covers of this song. But personally, I like this one. Yes, that's right, again Russians are singing Italian music, isn't it lovely? :clap:

(This guy's very good. It's like my favorite underground of the 70's and 80's, Psychedelic Furs and stuff like that)

P. S. Looks like I should create a topic about Italian music in Russia sometime, you'll discover a lot.​

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Plus "Baila morena" is very popular in our country, by the way, the last Russian cover of this song was posted on YouTube less than half a year ago. In general, there are a lot of Russian covers of this song. But personally, I like this one. Yes, that's right, again Russians are singing Italian music, isn't it lovely? :clap:

(This guy's very good. It's like my favorite underground of the 70's and 80's, Psychedelic Furs and stuff like that)

P. S. Looks like I should create a topic about Italian music in Russia sometime, you'll discover a lot.​

:hijacked:

:bsplit:
this guy is even better than the original honestly. btw they're pronunciation is very good, i have no trouble understanding them, way better than any other not native speaker, and better than any italian could do trying to sing in russian (although i've only heard italians singing the internationale)

(now tell me if i don't have the power of making everything chaotic and silly, i'm sure you all wanted to talk about skaters ahahaha)

Cherub721

On the Ice
Is there some website where I can find the music selections of all the Russian skaters? I look on wikipedia but some of the skaters don't have their own pages, especially the newer/younger ones who haven't skated in ISU competitions.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
We caught up! I think I actually feel good for once about the ice dance this year in Russia. I didn’t remember Prokopetz/partner (?) but i think they can replace K/A in the niche of young and sweet.

Women were fun in the SP, with Zhilina, Gorbacheva, Petrosyan and Sinitisna showing fun programs. Not sure what's up with Muravieva so far, but fingers crosssed. The less we see Valieva and Kromykh from now on, the better imo. Really missed Frolova there based on her St. Petersburg skate. Shul'skaya also would have been lovely to see again.

Men were fun, but I loved Kondratiuk the most, I think. Mozalev was really awesome in the short, except of course jumping. Love his consistent interest in intelectually challenging programs. Aliev was a touch of a disspaointment with similar songs in both programs and mono-mood.

Pairs wise, it's Russian pairs. They are absolutely the best, always. I missed Mukhortova and Evgen'ev the most.

And, well, I feel that the JGP is starting to show very much the absence of a technicaly solid Russian team in every event. I have a feeling that even GP will also look like it's losing the drive. Russians seem to be going their own way atm. How long this can continue, I dunno.