Aleksandra Boikova & Dmitrii Kozlovskii | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Aleksandra Boikova & Dmitrii Kozlovskii

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I’m devastated! 😭 And losing to M/G (gold to boot!) was my worst nightmare too😭😭

But unfortunately it’s not a total surprise. They looked tense in every competition this season and basically had to muscle through everything. Nothing looked easy like it did the last two seasons. I don’t know what’s wrong, especially the throws. Did she grow?

And I question the new SP for worlds but no new LP. That LP never showed them off at their best. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the SP they used all season but it was a waste of time to create yet another new SP while still recycling the LP. Bad move in my opinion especially when it’s the in the LP where everything can be lost and not the SP.

I just hope they can move on next season and come back swinging. They need to cause that PCS advantage over M/G won’t exist anymore now. I really want them to go classical again even if it is an overused warhorse. That’s where they shine best

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In the CBC commentary on their free skate, Meagan Duhamel noted that when Aleksandra & Dmitrii do the triple twist, she lets go of one of his hands before the takeoff, which is something she's never seen any other team do.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Well, Meagan has forgotten Wenjing Sui because they had been out of competition for a long time. :)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I’m devastated! 😭 And losing to M/G (gold to boot!) was my worst nightmare too😭😭

But unfortunately it’s not a total surprise. They looked tense in every competition this season and basically had to muscle through everything. Nothing looked easy like it did the last two seasons. I don’t know what’s wrong, especially the throws. Did she grow?

And I question the new SP for worlds but no new LP. That LP never showed them off at their best. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the SP they used all season but it was a waste of time to create yet another new SP while still recycling the LP. Bad move in my opinion especially when it’s the in the LP where everything can be lost and not the SP.

I just hope they can move on next season and come back swinging. They need to cause that PCS advantage over M/G won’t exist anymore now. I really want them to go classical again even if it is an overused warhorse. That’s where they shine best
I thought the new music choice for SP was a good move, but it was the LP that was old shoe... but, well, I am sure there were reasons, particularly with how hard they were hit by COVID and associated health issues. I am gutted to for their loss, but looking at the exhibition skate, and the medal ceremony, I feel that they are in it for the ultimate chase for the Olympic gold, because that one would be epic come back...

hannahbanana

Rinkside
In the CBC commentary on their free skate, Meagan Duhamel noted that when Aleksandra & Dmitrii do the triple twist, she lets go of one of his hands before the takeoff, which is something she's never seen any other team do.
Dima and Sasha have probably the worst twist out of all of the Russian teams, so perhaps that’s a feature that isn’t necessary for them to utilise

Artemisa

Final Flight
Well.. I think they were born to do masterpieces of ballet... and in olympic year bring the warhorses ... a black swan + Nikolai Morozov + Lady M. will be a recipe for success ... I looking forward to see the program in all its splendor

LRK

Record Breaker
Loved their Swan Lake! Dima must be especially happy at the program choice.:)

Looking forward to the free.:)

Artemisa

Final Flight
I like the music choices ... sends the message we are here to winning ... but they need to nail the throw ... I think they are nervous

LRK

Record Breaker
I think both programs have great promise.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I'm getting really pissed off. Why are the coaches insisting so hard on them doing combos and throws they keep failing at? How many times do they have to throw the dice before they realize enough is enough and change it?

It's been down hill since the other team joined the rink. I can't help but think it's insider sabotage

Artemisa

Final Flight
I'm getting really pissed off. Why are the coaches insisting so hard on them doing combos and throws they keep failing at? How many times do they have to throw the dice before they realize enough is enough and change it?

It's been down hill since the other team joined the rink. I can't help but think it's insider sabotage
In some point you are right ... they were consistent with there jumps before... if they are failing why not go back at least until they can deliver.. and saves the reputation
But in the other hand...
After worlds, in an interview with Tamara M. , she said something like wasn't expected that they had failled .. and with boikova reaction ( I think that's true she wasn't prepare for that) ... so I think in practice they have been landing them 100 % and that is why the coaches try so hard with them .. because it's look like mental for Boikova ( i remember in juniors she got a period like that) .. for sometime I thought the problem with the throw was dima and she was trying to catch the landing but in SA dima was very meticulous

I don't think is insider sabotage ... I think they got competition that they didn't expect, them the worlds, B. being hated because of her reaction ... and now they aren't probably the number one team .. and that mixes things ... and I think boikova needs stability and feel confident to comeback and with the other number one team so close isn't easy ...

So let's hope ... it's still young and they only need to win nationals ... and I think both program will be great at the end of the season

NAOTMAA

Medalist
^^^^
I don't buy the great in practice theory. Every performance this season, same elements, same exact mistakes. Look at the practice reports from this week, same elements, same exact mistakes. It's the same over and over and over. It's clearly not competition ready yet the coaches are making them doing it and it's destroying their reputation during an Olympic season of all times. Now they loss to a team from JAPAN! If that's not sabotage I don't know what is.

It's total free fall since world's (and even all last season they were clearly teetering on the edge) and there seems to be no plan to stop it. Why haven't they done any senior B/challenger/Russian cup events? M/G did one, T/M did one and a cup event. At this point it's clear NO team event at the Olympics and that means no guaranteed medal. There is nothing to be positive about at the moment