Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decoder

On the Ice
Another student with brilliant results left, and people are wondering: what happended? People try to dig and find some clue.

The coach wrote a simple post, trying to tell her feeling, yet some start to bash her for her "classless" act. Did she trash the student? What do you want from her? Please!

I recall the coach's post when another famous student left her earlier this year. She quoted a poem:

I'm simple and compliant.
My home is poor, at best.
I hail from an island
Secluded from the rest.

Slept fine! He came around -
I cannot sleep of late.
I’d burn my house down -
To warm a stranger’s plate!

We’re friends – if you have seen me,
You came, - take all I’ve got!
Our laws are simple really:
They’re written in our blood.

We’ll lure, if we endeavor,
The moon down from the sky!
But should you leave – you never
Existed, - nor did I.

The knife wound is still bloody:
O, will it heal before
The very next somebody
Comes knocking on my door.

Well, this is the same Eteri. You devoted your time/care to a student, who gained success and some fame, then left, for whatever reason. Whenever this happens, what I want to know the most is the coach's feeling. From the simple post and the quoted poem, I read the same: a little sadness, but most importantly, the love for FS.

Fried

Final Flight
Eteri is the pure illustration of idgaf, so i think she will keep speaking as she always did. Especially if a student sneak out after fooling her for two months.
Being classy is a stranger thing for her.

I think it's not a question of noblesse, it's a question of professionalism.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Gleikenhause https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1087471412.html

"In mid-July, Kostornaya began to train poorly, not to fulfill our assignments, to snap back and show with all kinds that something was wrong"

The choreographer of the group Eteri Tutberidze Daniil Gleikhengauz commented on the transition of the 2020 European champion Alena Kostornaya.

“Personally, I do not fully see the logic in this. I tell you how it was.

Fees begin. Everyone came, and we have been in Novogorsk for two months already, you can see it in my hair. We trained, Eteri Georgievna and I, every day, apart from all our trainings, go out onto the night ice, where we set programs. It turned out that it was Alena who was the first to stage both programs this year.

Moreover, as you might guess, given that I posted the video, I myself was very pleased with how we got the program. I liked everything very much. The strangest thing about this is all that Alena herself liked. And she asked the girls to film how she rolls the track, the program. It was clear from her that she was getting high.

And then just abruptly, somewhere in the middle of July, she begins to train badly, not to carry out our tasks, snap back and show with all kinds that something is wrong. This does not last so long, after which we left the training of our second group of young children. Alena was already waiting for us in the corridor, who tells us that she no longer wants to train and that she agreed that she would train in Plushenko's group.

Well, you yourself understand the reaction when you just leave the workout and hear it. And I remember very well how I said to her: Alain, you are probably now in some kind of anger, you are of a transitional age. Because of this, you were offended or reacted to something - what happened? To which she answered me: two months ago I made this decision.

At that moment, I literally said that I could not believe it. Because I don’t think you could do that and then go to the training camp with us, train like that, enjoy the program, and so on.

But as her actions showed, it was true, ”said Gleichengauz.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CDT8xI9oLtN/

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I think it's not a question of noblesse, it's a question of professionalism.

Then very few are professionals imo since i don't recall many coaches saying only nice things for all students who left.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"You always try to find an excuse for anything you do." Tutberidze about the departure of Alena Kostornaya

Following Alexandra Trusova, figure skater Alena Kostornaya left the coaching group of Eteri Tutberidze. European champion, winner of the ISU Grand Prix finals, holder of two world records passed to Evgeni Plushenko. In an interview with TASS, Tutberidze revealed the details of the last days of working with the athlete, talked about the staging of her new programs and her attitude to what happened.

Eteri Georgievna, how did Alena work at the training camp in Novogorsk?

Until July 15, she trained well, was recovering with an excellent mood, preparing for the season. Two programs were staged - short and free, and in our professional opinion, they should have made at least a splash in figure skating. It was a godsend for her and for the situation in the world.

Already on July 16, she was in a rather sour mood, then she was unwell, she did not go out on the ice, and on the evening of the 18th we talked, Alena announced her plans for the transition. She then left the base, citing health problems.

- Did you manage to recover after switching to Plushenko Sasha Trusova ?

- No, of course. But you always try to find an excuse for any deed, you try to look at the world through their eyes. Understand that they want to win in this situation. But for this you need to talk.

- What did Alena lack?

- She said that she cannot be on the ice with a certain list of athletes. We try to keep the skaters separate. We had five people on the ice, and there was enough time for each. Yes, when there are ten of them, I, of course, no longer have time. But we have three coaches on the ice.

Of course, our coaching staff is offended that we were chosen simply as a headquarters with which we can guarantee to go through training camps for recovery. With Alena, a week was spent on staging, but we could spend this time on other athletes, to embody our other creative ideas. Of course, this is devastating.

- Eteri Georgievna, it turns out that Evgeni Plushenko goes with your athletes to the Olympics.

- Yes, although he did not have time to guarantee himself this initially. Now Plushenko receives ready-made athletes and a certain guarantee for the Olympics.

- Can you justify such transfers of ready-made athletes to other coaches?

- I can only say that I have never lured anyone away. How can an athlete be given a guarantee of results and success? It takes a long way.

Interviewed by Veronika Sovetova

https://tass.ru/interviews/9098433

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why are all of these girls going to Plushenko who hasn't even yet proven he can coach? He seems to busy with his ice shows to even bother to coach. :scratch2:

eliana

On the Ice
Gleikenhause https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1087471412.html

"In mid-July, Kostornaya began to train poorly, not to fulfill our assignments, to snap back and show with all kinds that something was wrong"

The choreographer of the group Eteri Tutberidze Daniil Gleikhengauz commented on the transition of the 2020 European champion Alena Kostornaya.

“Personally, I do not fully see the logic in this. I tell you how it was.

Fees begin. Everyone came, and we have been in Novogorsk for two months already, you can see it in my hair. We trained, Eteri Georgievna and I, every day, apart from all our trainings, go out onto the night ice, where we set programs. It turned out that it was Alena who was the first to stage both programs this year.

Moreover, as you might guess, given that I posted the video, I myself was very pleased with how we got the program. I liked everything very much. The strangest thing about this is all that Alena herself liked. And she asked the girls to film how she rolls the track, the program. It was clear from her that she was getting high.

And then just abruptly, somewhere in the middle of July, she begins to train badly, not to carry out our tasks, snap back and show with all kinds that something is wrong. This does not last so long, after which we left the training of our second group of young children. Alena was already waiting for us in the corridor, who tells us that she no longer wants to train and that she agreed that she would train in Plushenko's group.

Well, you yourself understand the reaction when you just leave the workout and hear it. And I remember very well how I said to her: Alain, you are probably now in some kind of anger, you are of a transitional age. Because of this, you were offended or reacted to something - what happened? To which she answered me: two months ago I made this decision.

At that moment, I literally said that I could not believe it. Because I don’t think you could do that and then go to the training camp with us, train like that, enjoy the program, and so on.

But as her actions showed, it was true, ”said Gleichengauz.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CDT8xI9oLtN/

Thank you very much! We have to wait and see what Alena has to say

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
"You always try to find an excuse for anything you do." Tutberidze about the departure of Alena Kostornaya

Following Alexandra Trusova, figure skater Alena Kostornaya left the coaching group of Eteri Tutberidze. European champion, winner of the ISU Grand Prix finals, holder of two world records passed to Evgeni Plushenko. In an interview with TASS, Tutberidze revealed the details of the last days of working with the athlete, talked about the staging of her new programs and her attitude to what happened.

Eteri Georgievna, how did Alena work at the training camp in Novogorsk?

Until July 15, she trained well, was recovering with an excellent mood, preparing for the season. Two programs were staged - short and free, and in our professional opinion, they should have made at least a splash in figure skating. It was a godsend for her and for the situation in the world.

Already on July 16, she was in a rather sour mood, then she was unwell, she did not go out on the ice, and on the evening of the 18th we talked, Alena announced her plans for the transition. She then left the base, citing health problems.

- Did you manage to recover after switching to Plushenko Sasha Trusova ?

- No, of course. But you always try to find an excuse for any deed, you try to look at the world through their eyes. Understand that they want to win in this situation. But for this you need to talk.

- What did Alena lack?

- She said that she cannot be on the ice with a certain list of athletes. We try to keep the skaters separate. We had five people on the ice, and there was enough time for each. Yes, when there are ten of them, I, of course, no longer have time. But we have three coaches on the ice.

Of course, our coaching staff is offended that we were chosen simply as a headquarters with which we can guarantee to go through training camps for recovery. With Alena, a week was spent on staging, but we could spend this time on other athletes, to embody our other creative ideas. Of course, this is devastating.

- Eteri Georgievna, it turns out that Evgeni Plushenko goes with your athletes to the Olympics.

- Yes, although he did not have time to guarantee himself this initially. Now Plushenko receives ready-made athletes and a certain guarantee for the Olympics.

- Can you justify such transfers of ready-made athletes to other coaches?

- I can only say that I have never lured anyone away. How can an athlete be given a guarantee of results and success? It takes a long way.

Interviewed by Veronika Sovetova

Yes, and Lambiel also got a ready-made athlete in Soma Uno or Tarasova got the ready made Yagudin and so on... It's stupid.

macy

Record Breaker
Why are all of these girls going to Plushenko who hasn't even yet proven he can coach? He seems to busy with his ice shows to even bother to coach. :scratch2:

i don't think either of them would have gone had Rozanov had stayed with TT.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Then very few are professionals imo since i don't recall many coaches saying only nice things for all students who left.

A true professional does not have to say nice things, just don't bash a former student, colleague, employee or employer.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Well, here goes Tutberidze airing all the dirty laundry again. Maybe she will whip out phone texts this time too.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

He probably made a good case for himself in their personal one-on-one discussions, and was persuasive.
idk, I still doubt him largely, but I think he definitely has big ambitions for OG22(given that they're not cancelled) to make his school very prominent globally.
So, I'm kind of excited to see how it goes and yet a little scared at the same time, in case he doesn't live up to expectations.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
A true professional does not have to say nice things, just don't bash a former student, colleague, employee of employer.

Again, very few close their mouths or are neutrals. It's just that no one is seen as badly as Eteri. So some things they say are seen as ok while for Eteri it would be bashing.

Eteri doesn't hold back. That's why most of the time she isn't just giving her opinion (being professional apparently), she's not classy.

Fluture

Record Breaker
So, I'm kind of excited to see how it goes and yet a little scared at the same time, in case he doesn't live up to expectations.

I feel the same. The stakes are very high for him. Aliona (SP, Total) and Sasha (FS) have the three World records between them from last season, he essentially got himself two of the three best skaters at the moment. That‘s... a lot of pressure to live up to. And for Aliona and Sasha it‘s crucial as Olympic spots (and medals...) are on the line. Fingers crossed for both of them!

Also, I want a statement from Plushenko. Can‘t believe he‘s going to wait until tomorrow. :laugh:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I feel the same. The stakes are very high for him. Aliona (SP, Total) and Sasha (FS) have the three World records between them from last season, he essentially got himself two of the three best skaters at the moment. That‘s... a lot of pressure to live up to. And for Aliona and Sasha it‘s crucial as Olympic spots (and medals...) are on the line. Fingers crossed for both of them! Also, I want a statement from Plushenko. Can‘t believe he‘s going to wait until tomorrow. :laugh:

I hope it will be a great interview not just a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.