Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I feel sorry for Danill.. It's feeling kind of being betrayed.. Usually do Eteri students pay for choregraphy?

It's odd she hided her moving for new programs.

As far as I know in-house choreo is always free of charge for all of them. They would pay out of pocket for someone outside their camp, like Averbukh.

Fried

Final Flight
To specify more, Eteri says that first Julia didn't want to share ice with Zhenya, then Zhenya with Alina and now Alena has presented a list of "persona non gratas". She adds that since they don't treat people differently they parted ways with her.

Funny. Eterei explicitly did not talk about Sasha wanting her own ice. And that despite the fact that the usual suspects here had clearly informed us that Sasha couldn't stand to train next to Alyona and Anna.:roll5:

Anyway, didn't I predict it when sasha left? I said that Anna is the smartest of the three and will just calmly wait until the others have left, to be the only star at TT. Voila!:)

theharleyquinn

Medalist
It seems the guesses set off : https://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/257278 - Kostornaya left Tutberidze because of sponsors. Plushenko promised to find contracts for her

How on earth would the journalist know that? If the negotiation was so secret?

There will be many theories that come out. It's an educated guess at the very least: many people have noticed that Aliona has not had a big-name athletic sponsor like Alina, Anna, Sasha, and Zhenya do.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I feel sorry for Danill.. It's feeling kind of being betrayed.. Usually do Eteri students pay for choregraphy?

It's odd she hided her moving for new programs.

Holy smoke, so she will keep the programs?

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
Funny. Eterei explicitly did not talk about Sasha wanting her own ice. And that despite the fact that the usual suspects here had clearly informed us that Sasha couldn't stand to train next to Alyona and Anna.:roll5:

Anyway, didn't I predict it when sasha left? I said that Anna is the smartest of the three and will just calmly wait until the others have left, to be the only star at TT. Voila!:)
The news tommorow: Anna has left for Plushenko too. /s

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Personally thought that she might simply have been struggling with getting back the 3A after a long break away from the ice.
Why does there have to be a hidden, ulterior motive?

Think Eteri's post is quite un-classy in this case but I'm sure others will be full of praise.
Must be impossible to just wish a skater well for their future?

Fried

Final Flight
There are no coaching changes at this time of year. I smell something fishy. Especially considering how great Alena has become and how much the judges think of her. Is it possible she would leave almost in August? I don't think so.

Don't panic. Everything will be fine. You have to think about the good things. Alyona keeps her great parents who will soon be the parents of a neurosurgeon.

seimei

On the Ice
I think she will. Especially Danill said it's ok on his insta regardless of his real intention. And there is no time for new programs. Personally I think she enjoy Danill's programs contrast to her fans who want other choreographers. She needs to recover her jumps too

rain

Record Breaker
A grown woman inciting a hate campaign against yet another teenage girl whose only crime is wanting to train with someone else. As she has done with every single other skater with any kind of profile that's dared to leave her. Coach of the year (yes, that's my extreme sarcasm).

macy

Record Breaker
It seems the guesses set off : https://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/257278 - Kostornaya left Tutberidze because of sponsors. Plushenko promised to find contracts for her

How on earth would the journalist know that? If the negotiation was so secret?

this article cites business insider as a source, is that reliable?

it's all rather concerning...the article said Aliona wasn't completely sure about the move until a week ago, and she isn't even sure he can get her a sponsorship. i really, really hope she didn't make a mistake.

eliana

On the Ice
A grown woman inciting a hate campaign against yet another teenage girl whose only crime is wanting to train with someone else. As she has done with every single other skater with any kind of profile that's dared to leave her. Coach of the year (yes, that's my extreme sarcasm).

Exactly!

Fried

Final Flight
Unless Trusova and he have some contractual agreement that he won't train a direct competitor of her then he's free to take whoever he wants. Plushenko wants to be top coach, why would he refuse the skater that won all competitions except for Nationals last year?

Didn't we all agree that it is best for any skater to have strong teammates in training? Voila, that's how it will be. Seen in this way, it doesn't have to be a disadvantage for Sasha.

FlyingFeather

On the Ice
Kostornaia refuses to comment.
https://rsport.ria.ru/20200731/1575227627.html
https://rsport.ria.ru/20200731/1575227788.html

Yes this is also a creditable source. Kogan speaks and he says the transfer is not yet been formalized, he hasn't heard about Alena transferring to Plushenko in May.

ls anyone willing to translate these?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
You have to have some composure to stay silent and train for two months like you won't leave when you know you will leave:biggrin:
She has every chance to succed as neurosurgeon.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
This is quite simply shocking to me, but maybe not in the way everyone thinks. Over the last week or so, I’ve been contemplating Trusova’s move to Plushenko, and I thought, “I expected Kostornaia to leave before Trusova for some reason.” Now, I don’t really know why I get this, it was just my intuition. Then all of a sudden the news breaks that Kostornaia is leaving Eteri as well. I did not expect it!

Fried

Final Flight
Probably Kostornaya wanted to leave in May after Rozalov left but Trusova wanted to be the only one in Plushenkp's group. So he asked Alyona to wait until off-season will end and make a move silently. Now Trusova can't leave back or to another coach after deadline. Tusova and Tutberidze are lost. Pushenko won.
What a strategy xD
Joking idk what actually happened. Just my thoughts

Or Eteri is the strategist and in fact she sent Kostornaya to Plushenko. As a submarine and to put a mental strain on Sasha. :laugh:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
This is quite simply shocking to me, but maybe not in the way everyone thinks. Over the last week or so, I’ve been contemplating Trusova’s move to Plushenko, and I thought, “I expected Kostornaia to leave before Trusova for some reason.” Now, I don’t really know why I get this, it was just my intuition. Then all of a sudden the news breaks that Kostornaia is leaving Eteri as well. I did not expect it!

For me, Alena leaving is very surprising while Sasha's move was not surprising at all. The coaching team did not help Sasha maximize her potential last season, and most people expected her to have the success that Alena had. Because of that, it was understandable that Sasha wanted to get things back on track with a different environment. Alena had a very successful year and the team did a great job helping her put two programs together with enough content to challenge (and usually beat) the other women with quads. It's sad for me to read it was about sponsorships, because I think one world title would have put a big spotlight on her accomplishments and made her much more marketable. But I can see how it's frustrating for her to see the top women she trains with get those and not her, especially when Alena is beating them all most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.