Alexandra Trusova | Page 93 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

sk8r4ever

On the Ice
A little late here, but congrats Sasha for a wonderful senior debut and two new world records!!! The one thing I really dislike about Ondrej Nepela is the video quality, like seriously this historical moment seems like it was recorded by an “iPhone 4” camera [emoji30]
The quads should have received more 4s and 5s across the board but oh well, at least the judges weren’t too stingy on PCS [emoji848]
Shame about the combo, did she pop it into a double in addition to the stumble?
Anyways, once again congratulations to Sasha and her coaches for this amazing achievement! Hope her senior year is filled with clean programs and standing at the top of the podium! [emoji4]
P.S. her dress was stunning and so were those intricate Khalessi braids during the medal ceremony!
P.S.S. Sorry for my bad English, it’s not my first language [emoji51]

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Long time "fan"
First time "poster" to Sasha's FF....

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said. :laugh:

Don't worry if the don't allow quads in the SP.
I'm sure Sasha is "cooking up" a triple axel as we speak.

Goodness gracious.
Wowee!

meadow

Rinkside
Give it time. The more Aleksandra performs this routine, the better it gets while she settles in it, and both #TeamTutberidzeForProgress and Aleksandra herself will put some finishing touches here and there.

Quads take a lot out of her, so perhaps a small recuperation phase in the middle of her long program is needed before she can light up again in the step sequences etc. later.

It's probably difficult to stage a program for Aleksandra that doesn't make her look like a 'Tarzanka' and a nice dress certainly helps.

Still, after reading about Anna's and thinking about Aleksandra's routines and remembering some voices of noted officials, I've come to the conclusion that both are still 'children' and therefor allowed to show 'junior' images. From the original 3A, Khrustalniy's Amazing Aces, only Alyona Kostornaya is the one that has always possessed 'mature' 'adult' skating.

I for one will enjoy both Aleksandra and Anna in their glorious routines this season, their Wonder Years, and come next season will see what #TeamTutberidzeForProgress has thought up for new images.
Surely the program will get better with time and more competitions, but I don't think it will change too much during the season. Tbh I've always "disliked" the initial part when skaters with difficult tech have to lay down all the hardest jumps one after the another, but I get that at the moment it cannot be any other way. I only think the past free skates of Sasha were better choreographed at least in the second part, giving her the opportunity to be artistic as well as a technical prodigy. Of course, it's my opinion, but this year free skate it's a program I would rewatch only to see the quads at the beginning.
Maybe I'm a little biased because Sasha is one of my favorites and obviously I would like the best routines for her :laugh: At least I really like the short this year!
Just to be clear, I don't think it's her fault, she does the best with what she's given and she's also doing something amazing with all the quads and the technical difficulty she brings on the table. I just think that she can be more artistic and connected to the music than that because she showed it many times! Anyway, it's just her first year as a senior, so she has time to do something different if she wants. If not, she's still amazing and I'm not taking anything away from her incredible results!

On a different note, for what I've seen (from photos, because the camera work was awful) the fs dress was really really beautiful! I think it really suits her.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Figure skater Trusova is upset that she was unable to do the cascade of Lutz-Rittberger

On Saturday, she won the pre-season tournament in Slovakia with two world records.

TASS, September 21. Skater Alexandra Trusova, who has updated two world records, is upset by the not-so-clean cascade of triple Lutz - triple Rittberger in the free program at the Ondrei Nepela Trophy tournament. The athlete commented by the press service of the International Skating Union (ISU).

15-year-old Trusova won the pre-season ISU tournament in Slovakia and set new world records in the free program and the total points. For the first time in the history of women's single skating, a skater was able to cleanly perform three quadruple jumps in the free program.

“I was able to [make] three quadruples [jumps], I’m glad that I finally managed to do it internationally. I was upset that I couldn’t make the Lutz-Rittberger cascade, but I will work. I hope everything works out”, Trusova said .

"The training arena had a small surface compared to the one we competed on, so I didn’t get the [quad jumps] in training - I constantly crashed into the boards. But then I did everything in the warm-up and everything worked out in the actual competition run", - added the skater.

The tournament in Slovakia was the first for Trusova at senior level, she is a two-time world champion among juniors. In addition, she has two victories at the Russian Championship among juniors, four won stages of the junior Grand Prix, as well as the Gold of the series finale.
-----

Arbitrary

Medalist
Figure skater Trusova is upset that she was unable to do the cascade of Lutz-Rittberger

On Saturday, she won the pre-season tournament in Slovakia with two world records.

TASS, September 21. Skater Alexandra Trusova, who has updated two world records, is upset by the not-so-clean cascade of triple Lutz - triple Rittberger in the free program at the Ondrei Nepela Trophy tournament. The athlete commented by the press service of the International Skating Union (ISU).

15-year-old Trusova won the pre-season ISU tournament in Slovakia and set new world records in the free program and the total points. For the first time in the history of women's single skating, a skater was able to cleanly perform three quadruple jumps in the free program.

“I was able to [make] three quadruples [jumps], I’m glad that I finally managed to do it internationally. I was upset that I couldn’t make the Lutz-Rittberger cascade, but I will work. I hope everything works out”, Trusova said .

"The training arena had a small surface compared to the one we competed on, so I didn’t get the [quad jumps] in training - I constantly crashed into the boards. But then I did everything in the warm-up and everything worked out in the actual competition run", - added the skater.

The tournament in Slovakia was the first for Trusova at senior level, she is a two-time world champion among juniors. In addition, she has two victories at the Russian Championship among juniors, four won stages of the junior Grand Prix, as well as the Gold of the series finale.
-----

It's a big issue.
Russian rinks are inherited the old European field size which is larger than Finnish ice-hockey rinks and even more than those used by NHL. Shorter and with less rounded corners. A lot of space lost.
Many Russian KHL ice-hockey clubs reformat their rinks up to Finnish standard.

Quads are usually corner spaced due to long preparation needed.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kostomarov explained why Trusova sets world records

MOSCOW, Sep 22 - RIA News. Olympic champion in ice dancing Roman Kostomarov, competing in tandem with Tat'yana Navka, said what helps Alexandra Trusova to show such a high level of figure skating.
Trusova won the competition on Saturday, setting world record scores in the free program (163.78 points) and the sum of two programs (238.69). Also, a Russian woman for the first time in the history of women's competitions performed three clean jumps in four turns in one program.

“ I had no fears for Trusova’s debut. Anyway, she’s still a little girl, doesn’t feel the burden of responsibility and jumps these difficult jumps with ease” Kostomarova quoted RT as saying. “For her, it's easier than for those who are older. I want congratulate her on such a debut! She did very well! "
-----

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Tarasova congratulated Trusova and her coaches on two world records

MOSCOW, September 21 - RIA Novosti, Veronika Gibadiyeva. The USSR merited figure skating coach Tat'yana Tarasova congratulated two-time world champion among juniors Alexandra Trusova with two world records and said that the current achievement is far from the limit for this figure skater.
Trusova on Saturday set world records for points scored in the free program and the sum of two programs at the Ondrei Nepela Memorial in Bratislava. The Russian woman scored 163.78 points in the free program, and the total of two programs - 238.69 points. Trusova trains in the group led by Eteri Tutberidze.

“I congratulate the entire teaching staff with this outstanding result. Sasha is a wonderful girl, and she hasn’t done everything yet, because for some reason in women's single skating it’s not possible to do quadruple jumps in the short program, while for the men it is. I cannot see any logic in this “not allowed”, remove this “not,” and I think her result will be close to three hundred (points).
But they won’t be able to stop the process this way. Once again I congratulate her and all her friends, comrades, with whom she studies, and all who left this group."
Tarasova answered to a call by RIA Novosti.
-----

Why TAT included the last description?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
“She went out and did what she can”: Yagudin about Trusova’s debut, new record and chances for a new quadruple jump

Aleksandra Trusova, who performed three quadruple jumps for the first time in the history of women's figure skating, can strengthen her program with another element of similar complexity. This opinion was expressed by Olympic champion Alexey Yagudin in an interview with RT . He said that he wasn't surprised by the confident start of the 15-year-old athlete in senior competitions, he noted that in some components she still loses to the more experienced Zagitova and Medvyedeva.

Q: Aleksander Trusova has been performing quadruple jumps already for a while. She already pleased the audience with their confident execution in the Open Test Skates, but now they brought her two world records in her first senior tournament. Did you doubt that this would be her debut?
A: Of course. There is no surprise. All the prerequisites were in place for the fact that Sasha would begin her senior career this way. To talk about sensation would only be possible if we didn't know that Trusova can jump quads with ease, and everything is very natural. We saw how ready she was for the season, even during the Test Skates, so at the competitions she just went out and did what she is capable of and can do. I applaud Sasha!

Q: The big event would be just one jump, but Trusova performed three quadruples in her debut free program. With what achievement from the world of sports can this be compared?
A: Well, this is a record. For the first time in the history of female figure skating, such a set of jumps was performed. But I would not compare her achievements with others. I do not see the logic and meaning in this. A billion years ago, Panin-Kolomenkin jumped one jump, and that was a sensation. Now athletes spin four turns, and everyone looks at it with understanding. Each era has its own heroes.

Q: So, we have witnessed the emergence of a new stage in world figure skating?
A: Time will tell. But I can not help focusing on the other talented children that work under Eteri Tutberidze. Apart from Trusova, there are also Alyona Kostornaya, Alina Zagitova and many others. All these girls, as well as Sasha, will enjoy us with their skating. And do not be surprised at their successes: they approach to this systematically.

Q: Let's get back to Trusova's debut and record. How appropriate is it to start the season with such a breakthrough? Indeed, there are many significant competitions still ahead, and now she is undergoing this tremendous physical exertion, doing those jumps.
A: Wether this is on point or not, we will find out by the end of the season. But all athletes are different. For example, Tatyana Anatolyevna Tarasova told me how she prepared Ilya Kulika. He needed to be given a minimal load and be specifically lead to his competitions. I'm different. I liked to compete. I always asked Tarasova to give me the maximum number of starts and put me up for all competitions.

Q: Do you think by athlete's mentality, Trusova is close to your type of character?
A: I know for sure that the Tutberidze group has the same requirements for all their pupils. They always fulfill their maximum. Regardless of shape and fatigue. The positive results of this hard work we see in tournaments. This distinguishes her pupils from others. For those who are purposefully preparing for competitions, such a skating run as Sasha’s is no achievement out of the ordinary ... For herself, in fact, it was simply an ordinary event because she performs this whole set of jumps in training.

Q: Is such a philosophy close to you?
A: Undoubtedly. And let someone find me too cruel and demanding. Yes, it is a factory, but it produces skaters who will become the pride of the nation. I really want the boys from the Eteri group to catch up with the girls.

“Sasha can grow further”

Q: What else can Trusova add, or should she stop, try to maintain her current level and integrity of her programs?
A: She has a tremendously high jump, and her age and condition allow her to learn at least one more quadruple. At the moment, she has one of the most difficult to perform elements under her command. This is the Lutz. A jump from a reverse entry, in which there is no way to save power on the push off, so the athlete twists with maximum strength. Sasha is already capable of this, so she can grow further. However, socan Kostornaya and Shcherbakova.

Q: Regardless of the quadruple jumps, how do you evaluate the skating of Trusova and her program? For components, she gets a little more than eight points. Is it deserved, or is she still judged as yesterday's junior?
A: Yes, because they are judging with caution,t his always has been. Judges must get used to her, to look closely, to get imbued with her work. But be that as it may, it is difficult to put the emotional state of adult girls and very young girls on the same level. Juniors, perhaps, are inferior in senior skating to the said Alina Zagitova, Zhenya Medvyedeva and Lisa Tuktamysheva. But one season will pass, and this difference will be levelled.

Q: Anna Shcherbakova, Trusova, Elisabet Tursynbayeva all have quad jumps in their arsenal. Is it time to allow their execution in the short program?
A: Everything depends on the fact even more girls will start jumping quads, so it is possible that such a question will be raised at governance level. I think that over time, the quadruples will be added to the short program rules.

Q: Have you heard that Trusova plans to complicate her short program with a triple Axel? How promising is this to you?
A: I really do not like the word "promising". So I can go to the Olympics, but perhaps my ceiling will be a collection of flowers fans will throw to their favourite skaters. This is reality. You can assume anything. It’s not in my powers to judge an athlete’s readyness based on skating runs and preseason competitions. The main factor is the result in major competitions. Let's be patient, we won't have to wait for long.

Q: And yet, what awaits Trusova this season? Can she, like Alina Zagitova and Yevgeniya Medvyedeva, win everything in her debut season?
A: She has the makings for this. But her main competitors have the same chances. In figure skating an important role is played by trifles. Any blot can cost you the title. In addition, the ice is slippery: slip once - and the season can already be considered unsuccessful.
-----
From: https://russian.rt.com/sport/article/670452-yagudin-debyut-trusova

Arbitrary

Medalist
Sasha participated in many various tournaments from JWC 2018 till now. Local and ints.
When did she finish below the 2nd place last time?

I remember her "two greatest upsets" where:
- Senior RunNats 2019
- JGPF 2019

Arbitrary

Medalist
Here is a good photo with Aleksandra's dress. It is actually quite nice, she looks athletic in it because of the lines and cuts in the diverse fabrics: https://vk.com/eteritutberidze?z=photo-97272391_457291920/album-97272391_266900705/rev
It even has a sort of dragon scale effect

Still I'd say she looks much better with her sport suit when she demoed her FP during pre-season tests. Barehanded.
Make her dress all-black and game's over...

https://cdni.rt.com/russian/images/2019.09/article/5d866c3102e8bd7d426575d2.jpg