Alina Zagitova | Page 1023 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Mapuan

Rinkside
It has been speculated for weeks that the Eteri camp is slowly showing the door for Alina. The 3As are technically ahead of her. This is really a retirement but who knows she might come back in 2022 when the 3As are more like retired.

And it's not unfair to say that Eteri can only coach young girls. We all know that their technique is not sustainable. Has she ever coached a girl that made past the age of 18? No.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
Alina will be performing at CSKA before the start of the hockey game on the 19th! (Please do Cleopatra!) -

It'll not be at CSKA. It will be in St.Petersburg at Gazprom Arena one of the FIFA World Cup stadiums. I think about 80000 spectators are expected.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
If not, I think she is going to have an amazing life of her own making. :pray:

She will be all right. A good head on strong shoulders, a humble character, but perseverant when needed, as seen on her latest earlier Channel One interview (the one from the changing room, putting aside her shyness to make herself clear in unmistakable words).

Making appearances in high profile ice shows all over the world (that hopefully get good critics not only because they have Alina) and these select few premier brand sponsorships. If carefully marketed to a high level, avoiding any vulgarity like interviews with Rodina or yellow pages rags, she will be attractive to the target audience for a few years more to come. Her father knows himself about sports marketing and how to increase and retain market value, but of course a lot depends on her agent for Russia and her worldwide agent. Alina being dumped from all billboards by seasons end seems unlikely to me, even if she never comes back to competitive ice.

Plus Aleksandra and Anna are still too young and perhaps Alyona too even to become brand ambassadors and the like, if these three continue to make headlines this season. Alina can still be leading the commercial efforts of Russian figure skating until the 2022 Olympic Games and remain its main billboard.

Finley

Record Breaker
It'll not be at CSKA. It will be in St.Petersburg at Gazprom Arena one of the FIFA World Cup stadiums. I think about 80000 spectators are expected.

Thank you! :pray: I fixed it. I'm going to say this again to try and speak it into existence - Skate the Cleopatra program! It has the perfect pre-hockey vibe! Either that or Survivor. Save Me Voy and Outros for Art on Ice.

Finley

Record Breaker
She will be all right. A good head on strong shoulders, a humble character, but perseverant when needed, as seen on her latest earlier Channel One interview (the one from the changing room, putting aside her shyness to make herself clear in unmistakable words).

Making appearances in high profile ice shows all over the world (that hopefully get good critics not only because they have Alina) and these select few premier brand sponsorships. If carefully marketed to a high level, avoiding any vulgarity like interviews with Rodina or yellow pages rags, she will be attractive to the target audience for a few years more to come. Her father knows himself about sports marketing and how to increase and retain market value, but of course a lot depends on her agent for Russia and her worldwide agent. Alina being dumped from all billboards by seasons end seems unlikely to me, even if she never comes back to competitive ice.

Plus Aleksandra and Anna are still too young and perhaps Alyona too even to become brand ambassadors and the like, if these three continue to make headlines this season. Alina can still be leading the commercial efforts of Russian figure skating until the 2022 Olympic Games and remain its main billboard.

If/when Alina is dethroned as OGM in 2022, my hope is that she will have established herself securely enough that her popularity will maintain its level solely on her own merits. She has enough going for her to sustain a career separate from any of her athletic achievements. Even if that is what initially opened the door, it won't be what keeps it open.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
If/when Alina is dethroned as OGM in 2022, my hope is that she will have established herself securely enough that her popularity will maintain its level solely on her own merits. She has enough going for her to sustain a career separate from any of her athletic achievements. Even if that is what initially opened the door, it won't be what keeps it open.

Exactly, Alina is off on a journey of self discovery, and doesn't know yet where it will take her, what stations she'll visit and where it ends.

Hopefully she'll keep enjoying drawing, painting and perhaps pottery as art for diversion besides her business schedules and perhaps higher education.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
TeamTutberidze's response to all the "kind words" from TAT & Plyushenko and the rest of the "well-wishers" is epic.

Dear figure skating lovers and well-wishers. Having read all your interviews and comments, we decided to respond to you. Will you please respect the decision of the greatest athlete and the work of all coaches who led Alina Zagitova and other athletes to the results they will be proud of all their lives. Dear Tatyana Anatolyevna, in her 3 programmes Alina Zagitova showed more results than some athletes do in 10 programmes. It is a shame that in time of Alina's greatest achievements you criticised her so much. Probably because you love her so much. If that is so then we'd like to wish the rest of our athletes to be loved and cared by you less. Evgeny Plushenko, at the moment you cannot be called a COACH. You haven't raised and taught any athlete anything. Your periodic attempts to buy, in the very literal meaning of the word, competition-ready athletes, only interfere with our work. You couldn't poach Alina, despite your attempts to discredit us in her eyes. We wish you to raise at least one athlete of your own. Though, you'd need to attend practices.
We wish everyone happiness and all the best. TeamTutberidze (TGD)
©egoshina

:)

Finley

Record Breaker

lesnar001

Record Breaker
And the Hits keep coming! :2thumbs:

Come on Sergei! This is your moment. Join Instagram! Just to post something snarky! We are waiting!

He is going to write a strongly worded 'letter to the editor" in his local newspaper.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
And the Hits keep coming! :2thumbs:

Come on Sergei! This is your moment. Join Instagram! Just to post something snarky! We are waiting!

No better not. Don't feed the trolls, ignore the h@ters, keep Alina's blazon clean and pure. The two most public faces of #TeamTutberidzeForProgress dealt a retaliating blow. Better leave it at that, there is actual work to do, to crush any malefactors with splendid results come Nationals, Euros and Worlds. Alina has chosen not to take part, so should be left out of any clashes.

Verbal sparring only escalates in today's culture of social media mob justice and gang banging. "an open letter to the editor" is a thing long forgotten from a slightly more civilised past, when newsprint still had authority.

Finley

Record Breaker
No better not. Don't feed the trolls, ignore the h@ters, keep Alina's blazon clean and pure. The two most public faces of #TeamTutberidzeForProgress dealt a retaliating blow. Better leave it at that, there is actual work to do, to crush any malefactors with splendid results come Nationals, Euros and Worlds. Alina has chosen not to take part, so should be left out of any clashes.

Verbal sparring only escalates in today's culture of social media mob justice and gang banging. "an open letter to the editor" is a thing long forgotten from a slightly more civilised past, when newsprint still had authority.

It was a joke. ;) If you were old like us (and Sergei) you would have caught it. :laugh:

As to your other point, I'm pretty sure they are done at this point. Nothing else to be said. Anything more is just overkill.

Although if Alina's parents would like to remind Mishin that Alina is not ready for babies and marriage at 17 (!) they would be well within their rights to do so!

Also big thanks to Daniil for sharing the adorable Alina pics. I really appreciate them putting these rumors to rest instead of letting them fester. :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It was a joke. ;) If you were old like us (and Sergei) you would have caught it. :laugh:

As to your other point, I'm pretty sure they are done at this point. Nothing else to be said. Anything more is just overkill.

Although if Alina's parents would like to remind Mishin that Alina is not ready for babies and marriage at 17 (!) they would be well within their rights to do so!

Also big thanks to Daniil for sharing the adorable Alina pics. I really appreciate them putting these rumors to rest instead of letting them fester. :)

LOL, I am that old, but neither English nor Russian are my first languages, and sometimes the hidden meaning gets lost on me.

Yeah, forgot about that miserable remark from Mishin. Why doesn't he give this advice to his own charges, one of them a married woman? Mishin and Tutberidze must be worlds apart, and some young crystal bird overclassing his empress still might not sit well.

But this was the day off work for the whole of Khrustalniy, and they had their laughs and moment of Instagram glory. Tomorrow at 08:00 or something, the Sunday training commences, and it is 10 days till boarding for Krasnoyarsk ...

And funny thing is, Alina is now free from certain obligations and can start playing along with liking certain postings without having to fear for her chances.

icybear

Medalist
So sad to hear Alina taking a break although I think it was a good decision after seeing what she was going through in GPF. Whether she decides to leave skating all together and focus on shows and expanding her popularity or come back stronger with new jumps, I'll be happy either way. We'll be waiting for you, if you do.

Finley

Record Breaker
Well this made me tear up -

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6DNxkUiang/

Dmitry Ermak played the Phantom in the stage version of POTO and is an avid fan of Alina. From even before she skated her POTO SP. Here is the best Google Translate could do. I somehow doubt it managed to do his words justice but the feeling comes through -

Eh ... "there will be no more night music" ....

I was her most fan ... Rarely "uncles" cheer for female figure skating ... This girl motivated me, was sick with all my heart and ... My heart is broken ... Beautiful from head to toe ... The only one that has all the titles in this sport ... 17 years old ... she pauses her career .. And now what to do? For whom to root? ... for myself, probably ... today I’ll go to the ice rink and start axels jumping ...... from hopelessness.

I hope that you will return ... but something tells me that show business will drag out ... Maybe this is true. You’ve been in history for decades ....

P.S @azagitova I will be glad to see on our performances .... and the coolest thing is to sing the Ghost in one of the shows for your skating)))))
Oh .. no, I will bring my level of skate ... and we will become a couple in the "Ice Age" .... if you are lucky, because for you there will be a gladiatorial massacre)))

#Dmitry Yermak #alinazagitova #figure skating #thephantonoftheopera

I hope he gets his wish and both of these things happen. :pray:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
A very good video of the entire performance.

https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/alinazagitovamediaforfans/2667667.html

At some point, one half of Alina's hair-do decides to take a break for the rest of the performance. :(

Look at all those children watching in awe, this was a public place and this is how your promote your show and figure skating in general to the audience of the future.

This was a like a public rehearsal? Alina not yet 100% on cue and sharp, but that will come with more rehearsals. The whole troupe surrounding her are seasoned professionals, having skated hundreds of performances.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Oh, wow. I am so happy to hear someone finally standing up for Alina, against all the bs TAT has been saying about her for years.
Utterly delighted. :clap:
so overdue!