Alina Zagitova | Page 1025 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
He already knew he had lost her. As the answer was from Tutberidze Team themselves, they must have been aware of his maneuvers, with full details, by Alina Zagitova herself. It cannot be idle speculation.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
He already knew he had lost her. As the answer was from Tutberidze Team themselves, they must have been aware of his maneuvers, with full details, by Alina Zagitova herself. It cannot be idle speculation.

The present information suggests the 'question' was asked in Japan, anybody capable of creating a time line of occurrences?

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Ok, Max Tran'kov is (almost) forgiven now!!!

“After her short program in the Grand Prix finals, I will miss her at the Russian championship, but I understand how hard it was for her - I too competed in the Russian and Grand Prix championships after the Olympics. And here we have a little girl, she did fail at the Russian championship after the Olympics, but became the World champion later, she really is a star, she's tough, but she is exhausted, she needs a rest."

“So there’s no need to read the tea leaves - whether she'll return or not, if she will return - she will calmly skate then, if she won't - it’s also ok. She worked so hard, she was always on the podium, plus growing up, plus these girls with their quadruple jumps. So we should try to understand her, and I’m on her side. Moreover, she found the strength to admit that she was tired, declare it publicly, which others usually do not do, she rose in my opinion even more, not everyone is capable of it" - said Trankov in his interview to TASS.

Scott512

Record Breaker
No, when you're a tv commenter, you have to forget about your favourites. Plus, she did an exceptionally crap job of commenting, wailing "I don't want the little one to win!" hysterically after Alina's win, instead of congratulating her on the well deserved victory.

That's absolutely not true.

No one in their right mind cares what this disgusting hypocrite says.

Again, not true at all.
Gee jazz you let nothing slip by! ;) You really are fact news based not fake news based.

I am glad Alina clarified that she is not retiring but just taking a break from competition. I hope she can learn a quad or a triple axel but if not she is still going to be able to score very high like she did this season. There is no reason for anyone to panic just let the girl catch your breath and then come back when the time is right.

AkikoNana

Rinkside
It’s insane how many likes Alina had for her last IG message in only 3 hours...truly, seems this uncomfortable situation is turning people to Alina’s side!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
it says the page isn't available. Server overload or removed?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Alinas post wasnt available for me either through the link, so I went to her instagram page and it was there.

An edit was made, this is the new direct link: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6GK1qXpEED/
-----
azagitova
Verified

After the broadcast on Channel One, I received a lot of questions about “what does my interview mean” and “why did I end my career”.

I was very worried, but nevertheless clearly conveyed my thoughts, which were subsequently interpreted differently by other media: “I suspend my participation in competitions. I’m not going anywhere, but I’m not participating in the Russian Championship and I’m not applying for either the European Championship or the World Championship without selection, because I am always selected according to the sporting principle”.

For me, figure skating is my life, and big sport is what I worked for and continue to work every day since 4 years old. All my achievements, including Olympic gold and World Championships gold, are not accidental, my coaches and I have taken a great effort, for which I will be grateful to them all my life, and I do not plan to stop and, moreover, to “leave”.

I don’t even think about any “departure” or “completion”. As an athlete who has achieved all possible first places, I want to be on the highest pedestal, and for this I need to train even more and even harder. I am still in the Russian national team and I can still compete for my country at international competitions. I continue my “figured” path with the support of my coaches.
-----
What more can be said? She formulated her message stronger and leaving less room for misinterpretation. For worried, read nervous in my interpretation.

No doubt, in the coming broadcast with Urgant, Alina will reflect and perhaps elaborate some more, with Tat'yana Navka at her side, for support, comfort and guidance.

Artemisa

Final Flight
well... I'm sad for her ... I think she didn't have a choice except to quit ... probably eteri didn't let her change coach's ( she is the reigning olympic and world champion) and her didn't have the courage to change ( she looks the kind of person that would never go to another coach without the consent of te previous)... her jumps are there .. I don't know if she could learn a 4 or not but if she landed everything her PCS would be high ...

egoshina

On the Ice
well... I'm sad for her ... I think she didn't have a choice except to quit ... probably eteri didn't let her change coach's ( she is the reigning olympic and world champion) and her didn't have the courage to change ( she looks the kind of person that would never go to another coach without the consent of te previous)... her jumps are there .. I don't know if she could learn a 4 or not but if she landed everything her PCS would be high ...

I suggest you try to keep up with the latest news. 'Quitting' appeared only in retold stories by various media and exaggerated by various experts too eager to hear what has not been said.
Alina never said 'quitting', which she re-confirmed in her latest post.
She's taking a break for RusNats which leaves her out of selection for EC and Worlds, because she was never selected any other way, only through RusNats.
She continues to train, she will work harder to up her game.
Have you seen in 1tv video (Eteri's part, with video of Alina's training) her Ina Bauer into gorgeous 3Lz with spread eagle exit?

Let's wait for the next season. It might surprise us. (Well, I'm sure it will, but it will be impossible to predict how. :) )

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
Thank you! :pray: I fixed it. I'm going to say this again to try and speak it into existence - Skate the Cleopatra program! It has the perfect pre-hockey vibe! Either that or Survivor. Save Me Voy and Outros for Art on Ice.

Whatever she skates, she will be mesmerizing. I’m glad she keeps skating even if she would not compete anymore. I didn’t know she wanted to quit 7 times. It means how tough is the life of a top skater. It’s only about training and competitions. No wonder she’s tired of this regime.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Indeed, Alina formulated the 'break from competition' more clearly here. Perhaps because of her visible nervousness and not getting the message 100% clear across in the interview. And all the rumours this caused.

We must believe her and will probably know by next year's Novogorsk camp what her plans for 2020/21 season are.

One cannot emphasise enough the courage Alina mustered to address the nation in an interview to be broadcasted in the main evening news with 10's of millions of viewers.

Aichwan

Rinkside
No, when you're a tv commenter, you have to forget about your favourites. Plus, she did an exceptionally crap job of commenting, wailing "I don't want the little one to win!" hysterically after Alina's win, instead of congratulating her on the well deserved victory.

No one in their right mind cares what this disgusting hypocrite says.

Like I said, after Alina's OG win TAT made comments that I DO NOT agree with. But lets not forget she is a sport commentator not a robot, and, like any normal human being she had a favorite, was rooting for her and when she didn't win she was upset. Could she had handled it better? ABSOLUTELY!
Look, time has passed, opinions change and feelings subside.
Again, to my knowledge after all the Olympic season drama passed ( I do not speak russian, so I'm based of interview/comments that have been tranlated) she's been a lot more complementary towards Alina and has said good things about her.

You might not care about "what that disgusting hypocrite has to say" but a lot of ppl do, she is a decorated Russian coach with many achievements; her job is to comment on FS matters, so she did. There is no need to be disrespectful.

Anyway, with the recent developments, I'm just happy to hear Alina clarify that she is really just taking a break and not retiring. I hope she comes back strong like we all know she can! She skates beautiful and deserves her achievements.

egoshina

On the Ice
Like I said, after Alina's OG win TAT made comments that I DO NOT agree with. But lets not forget she is a sport commentator not a robot, and, like any normal human being she had a favorite, was rooting for her and when she didn't win she was upset. Could she had handled it better? ABSOLUTELY!
Again, to my knowledge after all the Olympic season drama passed ( I do not speak russian, so I'm based of interview/comments that have been tranlated) she's been a lot more complementary towards Alina and has said good things about her.

Good things were rare and reluctant, bad things/criticism continued to come in spades. (I speak Russian)
I am glad that someone finally stood up to that bully (it was not only Alina who was under her fire).
She's entitled to have her opinion, which could be told in a way more polite manner. But as a commentator she is not allowed to be so blatantly biased, it's unprofessional.

Aichwan

Rinkside
Good things were rare and reluctant, bad things/criticism continued to come in spades. (I speak Russian)
I am glad that someone finally stood up to that bully (it was not only Alina who was under her fire).
She's entitled to have her opinion, which could be told in a way more polite manner. But as a commentator she is not allowed to be so blatantly biased, it's unprofessional.

Well, thank you for clarifying that. The stuff that I have had access to in english has been on the positive side, so sad to hear that may not b the case.
However, if we are talking about bullies, I could also bring up many instances where another coach whose said bad things about multiple of her ex-students, but, honesty I'm so done with this negativity. I got into FS because of the beauty of the sport, not, all this back and forward between coaches and experts who at times, seem they care more about their reputation than their well being of their students.
All I want for Alina is to rest up and come back strong. She deserves it.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
Don’t worry guys. Patrick chan also took a one year break and came back to win an olympic gold medal :)

Finley

Record Breaker

You might not care about "what that disgusting hypocrite has to say" but a lot of ppl do, she is a decorated Russian coach with many achievements; her job is to comment on FS matters, so she did. There is no need to be disrespectful.

Anyway, with the recent developments, I'm just happy to hear Alina clarify that she is really just taking a break and not retiring. I hope she comes back strong like we all know she can! She skates beautiful and deserves her achievements.

I don't speak Russian either. And I acknowledge that TAT said many complimentary things about Alina in the course of interviews and commentating during competitions. If she had left it at that it would have been easier to forget not only her post OG comments and disrespect to Alina's father on a live television show, but her heartless comments on the air after Alina's heartbreaking FS at Worlds in Milan.

TAT couldn't stop making little digs at Alina anytime she got a chance to do so. Sometimes I think she just couldn't help herself. My personal favorite - when Alina was invited to meet with the Prime Minister of Japan just for a friendly chat about how Masaru was doing etc., TAT was asked for a comment in an interview. Literally anyone with a functioning brain would have just said something about it being a great honor and left it at that. TAT says - we are all happy to go where we are invited as long as it's not jail.

:shocked:

A native Russian speaker can explain this this next incident better than I can, but here is my best attempt. Eteri wasn't present at a competition. TAT says - she is busy getting her Zagitova ready....

This veiled, or not so veiled, 'insult' did not go over well and apparently there was a twitter hashtag and long running joke in FS fandom that came out of it. I saw reference to it several times while reading Russian FS forums and blogs but didn't get it until it was explained to me. The only reason I am bringing it up now is Daniil used the hastag #ourAlina on his IG post. He was well aware of TAT's comments and the intent behind it and wasn't going to let it pass without comment. Go Daniil!

And this is only the comments we know about because they were made public. Who knows what was being said behind peoples backs that got repeated and relayed to the targets of those remarks.

The best part of all this is that Alina has effectively removed herself from the narrative. No more media pitting her against the 3A's or Liza T. with her new quad combo, or Zhenya. Rus Nats is not her problem. She has cleared the air with her IG post and a live television interview. Her fans support her. Her coaches support her. The public seems to be supporting her (for the most part, there is no pleasing everyone.) Tatiana Navka is supporting her. Maxim Trankov is supporting her! (Thanks, Max!)

She can't stop the media doing what the media does, but she is already moving forward after closing the door. Hopefully, the Urgant show helps nail that door shut! I'm excited about it!

zounger

Medalist
( I do not speak russian, so I'm based of interview/comments that have been tranlated) she's been a lot more complementary towards Alina and has said good things about her.

There is no need to be disrespectful.

In particular case consider your self lucky that you don't speak Russian. About the translations they don't pass the texture and colure of the voice etc. About the disrespectful part, she passed that regarding Alina more than once (Go check coloremyworld240 comment in RL thread to have a small sample).

No one here denies the achievements of TAT some 20 years ago or her knowledge. Better though is to ask this things on different thread I think. We can have a fruitful conversion there.

paji15

On the Ice
If/when Alina is dethroned as OGM in 2022, my hope is that she will have established herself securely enough that her popularity will maintain its level solely on her own merits. She has enough going for her to sustain a career separate from any of her athletic achievements. Even if that is what initially opened the door, it won't be what keeps it open.

In comparison with other Russian athletes from multiple sport events, Alina seems to be in leading role. She has multiple international sponzorships etc. She was doing some kind of shoot in Canada etc. She is beautiful and she become a star in front of cameras. She has everything to succeed. I do believe no matter what she will decide to do with her career (I believe it depends on her 3A or Quads, they will ether nail it and she will continue her career or she will retire from competition, which is, lets face it, very mature. Of course she is a Champion and despite she is grateful for silver and bronze medals, she wants to be good enough to compeete for gold.), she has her spot well secured.

It is not just her beauty and ability to smile into cameras, she has incledible personality. She is honest about her feelings, not scared to admitt struggles, she is graceful, humble, very smart and mature with excellent perspective of life, kind, loyal, caring, hard worker etc. She is perfect ambasador of sport. She is a true role model. The one to spread.