Alina Zagitova | Page 1055 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Decoder

On the Ice
Fun fact: Just re-watched Alina's 2016 JGPF performances, again - two clean programs. The score: 207.43. I then went to check Kamila's recent JGPF winning score - 207.47.

Zagipatra

On the Ice
The more hamster the better for Alina. Anyway my opinion is if she want to skate competitively for long time she need to adapt to a couple of kilos more, without losing the jumping ability. To be precise though, if I remember well, the 3 kilos quote was in the context of learning the quads safely from where she is now. Most likely offered as a starting point by her team.

I'm of the similar theory that if she want's quads at that age the lost in weight is not the only way. Maybe the safest to not get injured in begging but definitely not the way on the long run.

Yeah, that would definitely be more sustainable!! I am so anxious about her plans for late spring/summer (whether there are more ice shows or time off to practice).

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
OK, what kind of people is trying to edit Alina's wiki page with the calimimg she is the "former" russian figure skater and that she "has announced her retirement". Sometimes it is necessary to check some pages (not just the Alina one) and undo such vile attempts.

voolfee

On the Ice
OK, what kind of people is trying to edit Alina's wiki page with the calimimg she is the "former" russian figure skater and that she "has announced her retirement". Sometimes it is necessary to check some pages (not just the Alina one) and undo such vile attempts.

This shows how much you can trust wiki, if it’s so easy to change the information there. And how mean people can be. I don’t know how to change anything there. Thanks to those who follow the correctness of the page and introduce new information.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
This shows how much you can trust wiki, if it’s so easy to change the information there. And how mean people can be. I don’t know how to change anything there. Thanks to those who follow the correctness of the page and introduce new information.

It's not so hard, in my previous work we had our intranet based on wiki so everybody could easily put informations for the colleagues there, so I have some knowledge. From time to time I do small edits like adding scores from the recent competitions to some skaters, actualizing PB etc. Unfortunately there are people who put their agenda into wiki.

Zagipatra

On the Ice

I have a burning question regarding this topic. Since I am relatively new to all of this, I don't know what to make of the TSL (TheSkatingLesson) videos on youtube. They had several videos indicating that this is indeed a retirement and not a pause, that Alina is indeed a "former" russian figure skater. As longtime Alina fans, I am asking you: Is this channel trustworthy?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I have a burning question regarding this topic. Since I am relatively new to all of this, I don't know what to make of the TSL (TheSkatingLesson) videos on youtube. They had several videos indicating that this is indeed a retirement and not a pause, that Alina is indeed a "former" russian figure skater. As longtime Alina fans, I am asking you: Is this channel trustworthy?

In short: No. :devil:

With little more details, they can love you once, condemn the other day with no consistency of the claims or favouritism, they love gossips, they often invite completely biased persons etc. Just for the illustrative purposes, it's not so long ago when they spoke about Alina as "the skater named after Putin's mistress". They are nothing more than figure skating yellow press.

Finley

Record Breaker
Alina selfie (I want that coat!) -

https://twitter.com/flipAzagitovoy/status/1224734528838807559

TSL, TAT, Natalia Bestiamanova and a few others do not think Alina is coming back and aren't shy about saying they don't see any reason for her to come back. Whatever. They can think what they want and say what they want. Doesn't make it true.

Especially in a circumstance like this. The ONLY person who knows 100% whether Alina will attempt to comeback is Alina. And like any other teenager on Earth she can change her mind about it 5 times within the same day.

So much depends on whether or not she stays healthy. That was something that derailed Sotnikova's comeback attempts, she kept getting injured.

And then there is finding the motivation to do it. The situation is this - she can work harder than she has ever worked in her life to give herself the possibility of a chance to compete for titles she has already won. Or she can work hard, maintain her present form, keep skating and training, make more money than she will possibly ever see again in the next two seasons as the current reigning OC. (Disclaimer: I said possibly. I actually think her earning potential will continue to increase whether she keeps skating or not. She is just that marketable!)

Oh, and also have something resembling a normal life, without the incredible pressure and stress of competition.

If Alina were any other 18 year old girl, the answer would be obvious. But she isn't any other girl. She is an Olympic Champion and World Champion. Every thing that got her there to begin with is probably exactly what will bring her back to try again.

I've always said I'll support her choice no matter what. I see her attempting a comeback. Maybe she will be 'successful', maybe not. I think it will be a victory for her regardless of the outcome. Not every victory comes with a title and a medal.

Zagipatra

On the Ice
In short: No. :devil:

With little more details, they can love you once, condemn the other day with no consistency of the claims or favouritism, they love gossips, they often invite completely biased persons etc. Just for for the illustrative purposes, it's not so long ago when they spoke about Alina as "the skater named after Putin's mistress". They are nothing more than figure skating yellow press.

"the skater named after Putin's mistress"...WTF...Ok, this answers my question!

Zagipatra

On the Ice
Alina selfie (I want that coat!) -

https://twitter.com/flipAzagitovoy/status/1224734528838807559

TSL, TAT, Natalia Bestiamanova and a few others do not think Alina is coming back and aren't shy about saying they don't see any reason for her to come back. Whatever. They can think what they want and say what they want. Doesn't make it true.

Especially in a circumstance like this. The ONLY person who knows 100% whether Alina will attempt to comeback is Alina. And like any other teenager on Earth she can change her mind about it 5 times within the same day.

So much depends on whether or not she stays healthy. That was something that derailed Sotnikova's comeback attempts, she kept getting injured.

And then there is finding the motivation to do it. The situation is this - she can work harder than she has ever worked in her life to give herself the possibility of a chance to compete for titles she has already won. Or she can work hard, maintain her present form, keep skating and training, make more money than she will possibly ever see again in the next two seasons as the current reigning OC. (Disclaimer: I said possibly. I actually think her earning potential will continue to increase whether she keeps skating or not. She is just that marketable!)

Oh, and also have something resembling a normal life, without the incredible pressure and stress of competition.

If Alina were any other 18 year old girl, the answer would be obvious. But she isn't any other girl. She is an Olympic Champion and World Champion. Every thing that got her there to begin with is probably exactly what will bring her back to try again.

I've always said I'll support her choice no matter what. I see her attempting a comeback. Maybe she will be 'successful', maybe not. I think it will be a victory for her regardless of the outcome. Not every victory comes with a title and a medal.

That definitely seems to be the smartest approach! (I would love to see her come back though just to see TAT's meltdown :D )

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Alina, like Medvyedeva and Tuktamysheva, is also waiting to see what becomes of Tutberidze's Terrific Trio. Will they up their difficulty with more ultra-si, to 260+ heights?

And who will be removed and added to the national selection come June, when the summer training camps leading up to 2020/21 season Open Test skates are announced. When another young skater with ultra-si makes her appearance??

And I've read there appeared to be some scandal created over Alina not appearing at an autograph session after flying in the same morning and doing two performances on the Dobrograd open air ice rink, where it was cold? Come on, give the girl a break !

Finley

Record Breaker
Alina, like Medvyedeva and Tuktamysheva, is also waiting to see what becomes of Tutberidze's Terrific Trio. Will they up their difficulty with more ultra-si, to 260+ heights?

And who will be removed and added to the national selection come June, when the summer training camps leading up to 2020/21 season Open Test skates are announced. When another young skater with ultra-si makes her appearance??

And I've read there appeared to be some scandal created over Alina not appearing at an autograph session after flying in from Japan the same morning and doing two performances on the Dobrograd open air ice rink, where it was cold? Come on, give the girl a break !

For some reason anything connected with Alina drives some people completely out of their minds. Our girl had a plane to catch back to Switzerland!

Alina and 'owner' of Dobrograd -

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Hd1tAID-h/

Quote -

Владимир Седов об Алине: ⠀

«Я хочу сказать огромное спасибо Алине за её участие в Ледовом шоу. Основываясь на нашем личном контакте - она замечательный человек и профессионал своего дела»⠀

From Team Zagitova -
⠀⠀
P.s. также Владимир Михайлович дал разъяснение, по какой причине Алина отсутствовала на автограф-сессии, более подробно читайте у него на странице. 🙃

Google Translate -

Vladimir Sedov about Alina: ⠀

“I want to thank Alina for her participation in the Ice Show. Based on our personal contact, she is a wonderful person and a professional in her field ”⠀

From Team Zagitova -

P.s. Vladimir Mikhailovich also gave an explanation of why Alina was absent from the autograph session; read more on his page.