Alina Zagitova | Page 1073 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

NaVi

Medalist
Looks like they were trying to change the format for the Ice Age skating show... instead of a kids show or ice dancing with celebrities they were trying to pair single ladies skaters with men's pair skaters. It seems the project fell through when Zagitova declined. Tuktymysheva and Sotskova were the other two skaters listed.

https://m.sport-express.ru/figure-s...e-v-lednikovom-periode-ona-otkazalas-1653790/

(I learned of this from this fsuniverse post)

I personally think this project would have been better to pursue in a year or two, but I think it would have been good for Zagitova to have accepted. But there's a big psychological barrier for singles to take up pairs.

I wrote a little more here including a bit about how there should be a form of skating between ice dance and pairs that doesn't contain the big risky elements.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
but I think it would have been good for Zagitova to have accepted.

seriously? and let herself be judged by the old hag that hates Alina's guts and let her humiliate Alina again and again during the show? right...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
seriously? and let herself be judged by the old hag that hates Alina's guts and let her humiliate Alina again and again during the show? right...

I posted this in the other thread on Ice Age, Kids:
----
I think Zagitova's PR team was smart not to accept anything that could result in 'failure' or tarnish her image.

This quote from the article says it all IMO: “The invitation of Zagitova was confirmed by several sources. One of them related to the organisation of the show stated, 'singers and actors skating are no longer interesting to anyone'

So a new format for the adult show is probably in order.
----

Alina is still way too valuable to be skating in a show like this. She could be paired up with a complete dork who happens to be a 'celebrity' (and there are many of those on Channel One's payroll, remembering the male host in the Mozer/Tutberidze show)

Only premier skaters in decline usually want to stay in the spotlight for a while longer. But many of those have too little charm and charisma for a prime TV show. I even don't know if Alina has enough 'TV show charm', charming though she is :) Alina is a serious and emotionally controlled person.

egoshina

On the Ice
Looks like they were trying to change the format for the Ice Age skating show... instead of a kids show or ice dancing with celebrities they were trying to pair single ladies skaters with men's pair skaters. It seems the project fell through when Zagitova declined. Tuktymysheva and Sotskova were the other two skaters listed.

https://m.sport-express.ru/figure-s...e-v-lednikovom-periode-ona-otkazalas-1653790/

I personally think this project would have been better to pursue in a year or two, but I think it would have been good for Zagitova to have accepted. But there's a big psychological barrier for singles to take up pairs.

I wrote a little more here including a bit about how there should be a form of skating between ice dance and pairs that doesn't contain the big risky elements.

I don't think it is a good idea for her, now or ever. Not because I think she would be scared to do pairs elements - she did it at Sleeping Beauty and Art on Ice (during all on ice), but because this show is a circus I wouldn't want Alina to be associated with.
She will be more popular without it than with it. :)

egoshina

On the Ice
Also, if she decides to go into competitive season - this show clashes with it, if she decides otherwise - there are better things she could do with her time.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Danny G hit the bull's eye here with Alina-Esmeralda 100%

...In the immense space left free between the crowd and the fire a girl was dancing, but whether she was a human being, a sprite, or an angel, was what Grainier — sceptical philosopher, ironical poet though he might be — was unable for the moment to determine, so dazzled was he by the fascinating vision.

She was not tall, but her slender and elastic figure made her appear so. Her skin was brown, but one guessed that by day it would have the warm golden tint of the Andalusian and Roman women. Her small foot too, so perfectly at ease in its narrow, graceful shoe, was quite Andalusian. She was dancing, pirouetting, whirling on an old Persian carpet spread carelessly on the ground, and each time her radiant face passed before you, you caught the flash of her great dark eyes.

The crowd stood round her open-mouthed, every eye fixed upon her, and in truth, as she danced thus to the drumming of a tambourine held high above her head by her round and delicate arms, slender, fragile, airy as a wasp, with her gold-laced bodice closely moulded to her form, her bare shoulders, her gaily striped skirt swelling out round her, affording glimpses of her exquisitely shaped limbs, the dusky masses of her hair, her gleaming eyes, she seemed a creature of some other world.
Notre-Dame de Paris, Besos para golpes

:)

FreeSkater

On the Ice
Olympic Champion Alina Zagitova won the SP a year ago with a score of 82.08 points at the 2019 World Championships in Saitama!
Palmam Qui Meruit Ferat! Part 1.
Epic Masterpiece of the Great Victory (11 hours 20 minutes 12 seconds).
Short Program Phantom of the Opera 1 82.08
Free Skating Carmen 1 155.42
Tracklist (128 points) please look at the fixed comment or at the description of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HpzPgo6Tps

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

I think she declined it ultimately because it wasn’t interesting to her/according to her plans. As other users said, it probably would clash with the new season.
But wow, a show fell through with Alina’s rejection... haha! The power of Alina!

Zagipatra

On the Ice

Amen!! So glad she declined the invitation... Plus, this could mean that she plans to return to competition :love:

Decoder

On the Ice
Quiz: What is hidden in the following dates?

223: Feb 23, Olympic Champion
322: Mar 22, World Champion

------------------------------------------

Answer: reverse(223) = 322