Alina Zagitova | Page 968 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Noreg16

On the Ice
Hey guys, I don't want to be a Negative Nancy but... am I the only one who is a little bit worried for Alina because of recent developments? I know she's already won everything and doesn't need to prove anything. But getting to GPF and on the Russian team could be quite a bigger challenge now than I've previously expected.

One thing I'm happy about is now no one can say anymore that it will be unfairly easy for her to get to GPF. :laugh: Such comments were seriously pissing me off during the summer. :rolleye:
And I'm sure if Alina feels that she needs to be stepping up her game as well - which is so weird to say btw,because she was pushing the whole World with her Olympic programs not even two years ago - Team Tut will give her every help she needs.

GPF is still not a problem, tho Alina has worst competition as I thought from the moment they have announced it and i was really pissed with Alina’s team for doing her dirty with Alyona being most stable and very high pcs wise and ofc she has a 3A....
Anyway. Alina needs to skate clean.
But Think about it, Liza Turs is missing an event meaning she wont go to GPF now, Liza Tuk and Anya got really lucky there. In worst case scenario for Alina, 5 spots will be taken by Sasha (1+1), Rika(2+1/2), Anya(1/2+1/2), Alyona(1+1/2) and Liza Tuk (1/2+1/2) so Zhenya and Alina will both get 2+3 and 6th spot will be decided by best score in GP events(or Liza Tuk loses to both Anya and Liza Turs and will be 2+3 also, possibly and sadly Zhenya will get higher scores than her in total coz of 2 “home” events). Alina is in better shape than both of them so no question of highest score...
But imho Alina can win gold in France so later, in Japan, 3rd place after Rika and Alyona will still get her gpf.

Rusnats is a problem coz Sasha and co will get unrealistic pcs there, bigger than on international events, it always happens, meaning Alina won’t have advantage she actually has in PCs over them. Plus goe is higher and very unrealistic too so you can imagine the scores. Unexpected quad from Alina won’t happen this year, I'm sure Alina is preparing (getting higher jumps) but she cant practice it during the season, she is not a junior , risking her chance to medal as anything or getting injured and missing gp events. She has a big career and things to lose. Quad and 3A need YEARS of practice, girls had all this time Alina didn’t. She needs to recharge mentally first, she is still getting her jumping confidence back, she needs to be comfortable with her triples first, I believe Eteri doesn’t want to rush her, because she is in her puberty, and i agree.

Noreg16

On the Ice
Hopeful for the last option, her programs are suspiciously emptier and front loaded this season and the jumps are looking way bigger... coincidence?
Emptier? her programs are still more full and difficult transitions and artistic wise than anybody’s else even on Eteri s team. They clearly wanted to get her more comfortable program so she could skate CLEAN to get higher points in quality, she lost only 0,49 from her previous base value but she gets higher goe in total. No conspiracy there imo, should’ve done it last year but wanted to prove she still can do lutz-loop in the second half after the puberty...and those transitions were useless considering “some”people got pcs and high goe doing only complex steps as entries instead of difficult elements...

Noreg16

On the Ice
I have already written it elsewhere. Alina sees other girls everyday, she knows what they are capable of. So she knows what her chances are. Therefore Alina:
a) is confident about her current content,
b) doesn't care about taking golds and being qualified, because she just skates for fun,
c) has a surprise in her pocket.
Good thinking,
It’s b, but imho reasoning of being so calm is her and team having a long-term plan to get her to the next Olympics. No point to hurry with quads, she already has medals, she needs to keep herself healthy for 2022. Meanwhile her main task this year is to maintain her performance and “star” level so her PCS gets higher and not lower. And offseason (or early offseason if she won’t qualify for worlds) is a great time to start a quad(lutz?)training.

I'm kind of sad if a skater as great as Alina feels like they need ultra-c elements to win. I don't know if she feels like that, but many people keep saying she needs a quad to compete. I think overall quality of skating should win, truly. Also watch last year's FP at Japan Open and compare it to this year. Her jumps have gotten way bigger.

Her programs are so complex, with so many transitions. And she probably cut down on some transitions now, because she doesn't need a huge amount now to get good GOEs. I am rooting for her skating and most of all, her happiness.

Not making GPF isn't the end of the world. With a field as deep as this, the GPF can come down to luck from assignments. If we switched the assignments around, the results could be different. I believe Alina will still make GPF, but if she doesn't, more time to focus on RusNats. That is way more important. I don't think people will doubt her again though.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
GPF is still not a problem, tho Alina has worst competition as I thought from the moment they have announced it and i was really pissed with Alina’s team for doing her dirty with Alyona being most stable and very high pcs wise and ofc she has a 3A....
Anyway. Alina needs to skate clean.
But Think about it, Liza Turs is missing an event meaning she wont go to GPF now, Liza Tuk and Anya got really lucky there. In worst case scenario for Alina, 5 spots will be taken by Sasha (1+1), Rika(2+1/2), Anya(1/2+1/2), Alyona(1+1/2) and Liza Tuk (1/2+1/2) so Zhenya and Alina will both get 2+3 and 6th spot will be decided by best score in GP events(or Liza Tuk loses to both Anya and Liza Turs and will be 2+3 also, possibly and sadly Zhenya will get higher scores than her in total coz of 2 “home” events). Alina is in better shape than both of them so no question of highest score...
But imho Alina can win gold in France so later, in Japan, 3rd place after Rika and Alyona will still get her gpf.

Rusnats is a problem coz Sasha and co will get unrealistic pcs there, bigger than on international events, it always happens, meaning Alina won’t have advantage she actually has in PCs over them. Plus goe is higher and very unrealistic too so you can imagine the scores. Unexpected quad from Alina won’t happen this year, I'm sure Alina is preparing (getting higher jumps) but she cant practice it during the season, she is not a junior , risking her chance to medal as anything or getting injured and missing gp events. She has a big career and things to lose. Quad and 3A need YEARS of practice, girls had all this time Alina didn’t. She needs to recharge mentally first, she is still getting her jumping confidence back, she needs to be comfortable with her triples first, I believe Eteri doesn’t want to rush her, because she is in her puberty, and i agree.

So, Alina gets 2+3, while Liza 1+2 and the team is doing dirty things with Cleopatra. :popcorn:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Am I the only one that is completely calm and relaxed about Alina this season? :) hehehe, I don’t know, I just have a feeling that everything’s going to be fine no matter what :)

Finley

Record Breaker
Am I the only one that is completely calm and relaxed about Alina this season? :) hehehe, I don’t know, I just have a feeling that everything’s going to be fine no matter what :)

I wouldn’t go so far as to say I am calm but I am not as stressed as last season. It will be whatever it will be. I hope Alina stays healthy and feels good about her performances.

Decoder

On the Ice

No you are not. I am calm and confident. I believe in her saying that she's skating for enjoyment this season. Again recall flanker's list: Alina
b) doesn't care about taking golds and being qualified, because she just skates for fun,
I went with (a) and (c). Of course flanker did not specify when the surprise would be revealed, and I guess we'll see it next season the latest, and we'll see it shine the season after! :love:

Finley

Record Breaker
No you are not. I am calm and confident. I believe in her saying that she's skating for enjoyment this season. Again recall flanker's list: Alina
I went with (a) and (c). Of course flanker did not specify when the surprise would be revealed, and I guess we'll see it next season the latest, and we'll see it shine the season after! :love:

May the wisdom and serenity of nussnacker and flanker light our way this season!

ecr1221

Rinkside
With how intense things are looking this season, I feel like the GPF is going to be RusNats part 1. If Alina doesnt make it to GPF, then she can preview exactly what might happen at RusNats and train for that.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker

I love how meticulously choreographed Alina's programs are, inspired from renowed ballet pieces, like we also see in Don Quixote or Carmen.

I still remember that her beautiful movements were those that amazed me from the first moment I saw her: a little, red ballerina, graciously skating and winning all our hearts. I was in awe, and after all this time, I am still amazed by her balletic, gracious skating. :love:

No, not at all. Of course, I am anxiously waiting for Alina's GP debut from this season, and really don't know what to expect. But there is something, something regarding her happiness, her attitude towards every performance, her ease, the height of her jumps and the smile that accompanies all of these, which bring calmness in my heart and trust that everything will be alright. :biggrin:

Giltedge

Final Flight
:laugh: If ifs and ans were pots and pans, there'd be no need for tinkers.

[an, an old form of if, btw, rather like the old Scots word, gin]