Alina Zagitova | Page 969 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Noreg16

On the Ice
So, Alina gets 2+3, while Liza 1+2 and the team is doing dirty things with Cleopatra. :popcorn:
Im stating facts, if everyone performs clean, Liza has only Anya in USA and Anya/Liza Turs in China to challenge her scores. Rika and Alyona can both do higher scores, so worst case scenario with good skates from Alina will be 2nd in France and 3rd in Japan still getting GPF based on her high total scores. Alyona could do over 230 without 3A, idk what’s Alina’s team thinking, no actually i know) they wanted to get unstable Anya a chance to win an event and Alyona too.
I’m actually hoping for 1st in France and Alina/Alyona taking 1-2 in Japan

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Im stating facts, if everyone performs clean, Liza has only Anya in USA and Anya/Liza Turs in China to challenge her scores. Rika and Alyona can both do higher scores, so worst case scenario with good skates from Alina will be 2nd in France and 3rd in Japan still getting GPF based on her high total scores. Alyona could do over 230 without 3A, idk what’s Alina’s team thinking, no actually i know) they wanted to get unstable Anya a chance to win an event and Alyona too.
I’m actually hoping for 1st in France and Alina/Alyona taking 1-2 in Japan

This "fact" based on "if" has too much catches in it. In reality Alina's score is very high regularly thanks to high grades of execution she receives and that's a fact. You can't base estimations just on BV (as could have seen just today BTW :) ).

Guys I love how supportive this thread is and how you guys always up vote mine and everyone else's posts. Thank you for the positive energy. And I am not worried about her GPF chances. Worst that will happen is 2+3 and even then, she will still be in the final with tie breaks. I'm sure Alina will have high scores for the tie breaks. But I think it's likely she will go 1-2 or 1-1.

What I learned this weekend is that if you go into a program confident and not nervous, you will do much better. I see more confidence in her this season than last so it will be okay! Do not worry.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Guys I love how supportive this thread is and how you guys always up vote mine and everyone else's posts. Thank you for the positive energy. And I am not worried about her GPF chances. Worst that will happen is 2+3 and even then, she will still be in the final with tie breaks. I'm sure Alina will have high scores for the tie breaks. But I think it's likely she will go 1-2 or 1-1.

What I learned this weekend is that if you go into a program confident and not nervous, you will do much better. I see more confidence in her this season than last so it will be okay! Do not worry.

Precisely :thumbsup:

rollerblade

Record Breaker

Don't worry icecreamandsprinkles, I'm here to soak all the downvotes. :biggrin:

Nah, actually.... Alina's jumps are more solid this season than last, and her programs are better too. She will get the GOE and PCS if she perform with the same radiance she had in Japan Open.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker

I totally agree! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Decoder

On the Ice

First time heard this show, so I went and checked some details, and found the show's website: https://www.artonice.com/en/shows/

ART ON ICE, created in Switzerland and produced here for the past 25 years, is more than just a figure skating gala. It is the perfect interaction between music stars on the stage and Olympic and World champions on the ice. It’s where you’ll see spectacular dancers and acrobats shine in front of amazing stage designs.

So,
1. The 2020 show will be from February 6 to 16, 2020, with a total of 10 shows.
2. There are even singers performing live with the skaters?

Looks like a great show. happy for Alina!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
First time heard this show, so I went and checked some details, and found the show's website: https://www.artonice.com/en/shows/

I believe to have seen a fragment of this show with Keegan Messing as the star skater. He danced, sang along with the lead artist even IIRC. Keegan is a showman, perhaps even a showoff sometimes, and did very well, salto's, jumping skates first against the boarding, sliding over the boarding rail and all kinds of stunts.

Would be interesting what Alina Zagitova in her Lara Croft form will make of this, I somehow cannot imagine this calm and composed, perhaps even boring to some, Alina throwing circus tricks for the amusement of some audience? But perhaps she'll show us her 'wild side'?