On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Andrei's free skate continues to be one of my biggest figure skating joys this season. It's one for the ages.

Cup of Russia Stage 2, SP:

FS, featuring Andrei's first 4F landed in competition! :yahoo:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Good luck to Andrei at CoR Stage 5 starting tomorrow in Samara. :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer:
I'm looking forward to a magnificent quad loop and beautifully skated Anna Karenina.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Andrei going for layout wild and crazy in his SP today. I'm sure he'll land it soon, he is defying all expectations when it comes to jumps. The skating is as beautiful as ever.
There was also a brief glimpse of Anna Frolova looking simultaneously enthralled and worried behind the boards. :laugh:

I'll miss the FS tomorrow since I'm going on holiday somewhere where it's warm and cosy, but I'm looking forward to watching Vampire Andrei as soon as I'm back in Austrian winter.

ETA: And here comes the FS, for the first time with three different landed quads. :yahoo:

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Andrei landed his first 4F with +GOE in the RusNats FS. :rock: I hope he'll skate Junior RusNats as well, I can't get enough of his vampire program with the gorgeous spiral sequence.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Happy 19th birthday to Andrei! 🎂🍾
May all his jumps be landed and both his new programs be as perfect as last season's!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria

A new season with Vampire Andrei is a season well-spent! The Vampires' Ball is such a perfect program for him, I'm glad he brought it back. And even though he popped the quads, he looked confident and at ease and the performance never suffered. I honestly don't understand where the PCS scores are coming from. Ok, there was one fall, but the pops looked like regular doubles and shouldn't have taken much away from the components. The overall PCS ranking just isn't right :rolleye:.

Anyway, he is going for the quads and he absolutely can deliver them cleanly. And I'm sure as he does, the PCS will skyrocket to where they belong. :giggle:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Andrei, as usual the most elegant skater of the competition, with a new shirt in dark blue with just the right amount of sparkle. 💙
He landed his quad flip, but in solidarity with team mate Lyosha messed up the trixel. Coach Vika Butsaeva's little jump of joy at the successful flip shown in the replay was very cute.

:clap:Andrei's SP:clap:

Good luck in the free tomorrow! 🍀

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm sorry it didn't go better for Andrei in the FS. Qualification for Nationals will be be difficult now. He was only one tenth of a point behind the eighth ranked skater but it's a two point difference when it comes to the total Russian Cup rankings which determine qualification for RusNats. It will be sooo close. 😿
Hopefully he will perform in a couple of local Moscow competitions. It's an opportunity for him to practise his difficult layout under pressure, and an opportunity for me to see my favourite vampire Andrei skate some more.

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Even though it wasn't perfect, I'd still like to post Andrei's FS from the second Russian Cup stage here. I love the music, I love the vampire theme, and I absolutely love the spirals Andrei does halfway through the program. One day he'll skate this program cleanly with all of his quads, and it will be brilliant! :cheer:

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
My discovery of the weekend is that 1tv recordings can now be uploaded to youtube without getting a copyright strike. 😼
So, next week I will edit the videos into the posts above, and right here and now comes Andrei's SP from the last stage of the Russian Cup this season.

He smiled after the skate even though he popped his opening quad Sal. The other jumps were clean, landed with soft knees just like a cat. It doesn't matter now, there won't be any Nationals this year for Andrei. But there will be many other opportunities to compete. What counts is that he enjoys skating and the audience enjoys his performance. And I do. 😻 The dark blue shirt with silver sparkle is lovely, it looks like the whole galaxy is following Andrei across the ice.

Tomorrow he will skate his Vampire's Ball. I hope he can land a quad Flip or Lutz again, just so nobody forgets what jumps he has in his arsenal. I adore that program, and he interprets it so well. Good luck in the FS to Vampire Andrei! 🍀

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Our favourite vampire Andrei skated a clean FS! :yahoo:

Interesting that he went for a quad toe, I was always under the impression it was his weakest quad. But it's a smart choice, no danger of edge calls and it worked well for him today. I would still love to see him land his 4Lz in competition, then he would have finally collected all five quads. It's probably the last time we see the Vampires' Ball skated on a national stage, but there will be some smaller Moscow or St. Petersburg events this season where he could sneak in another quad or two.

I'm utterly delighted that Andrei delivered this strong performance now. It could do wonders for his confidence going forward. He himself and his coaches also looked over the moon. There is a lovely shot in the replays of Galina Ischenko and Zhenya Vlasov smiling from ear to ear. 😸 And Andrei gave a shout-out to Moskvich and coach Vika Butsaeva in the K&C. 😻 Videos tomorrow.