Anna Shcherbakova | Page 135 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

Vemvane

On the Ice
Congratulations, Anna! What a marvellous performance, and what a triumph for the Firebird! I have to say, for the first time this season, I realised that she still is the Firebird in that first half of the programme - I don't know why I never caught the wing beats until today, and I feel very blind, but also very glad to have seen it. She was so perfect in this performance, the costume change gave me gooseflesh as always, and when she ended exactly on that final note, wow!

Her quads are breathtaking in their height and their flight over the ice, her spins are lovely - I just want to know why she never looks pained in them, the way other skaters so often do - and her ability to stay on the music even when it was barely audible over the applause is really astonishing. She has worked hard for this moment of triumph, and my gosh, does she deserve it. Brava, Anna, brava!

colormyworld240

Medalist
Anna! Such emotive performances. In the beginning of the season I loved her FS much more than her SP. But now I think the SP is equally as good! She's expended to darker themes and more complex music this season, and she's shown her artistic versatility and certainly doesn't only perform "innocent" characters. Artistically, musically, and choreographically, I think the sky's the limit with her. How I wish we would see shows with her and Sasha Cohen. I would have given her even more in the PE/IN parts of PCS, but I really do love Anna. And the thing is, this isn't even her technical ceiling; she still can improve on the flip and smaller things like her spins.

Performance wise, I don't see how it could get better than this, it was perfect. Though Anna is very expressive in her face and body, it always feels genuine and each performance iteration is different; I never feel like she's doing the same program again from different competitions. I hope she does even better at worlds and how incredible if she could be world champion.

Azikin

Medalist
I'm just so thrilled for Anna! I've loved watching her since her Dreamcatcher/Sikuriadas days, and she's come so far since then - two-time Russian National Champion, incredibly consistent 4Lz, exquisite musicality, performance, and spins, lovely 3Lz-3Lo, etc. :luv17:

I'm glad to see you celebrating with us! Anna got so good and strong.. I still can't believe the way she's landing her quads this year.. Like Nathan.. totally amazing.. :drama::love::clapper::thank:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Anna has such a sweet smile. And her hair is beautiful. I laughed when I saw that all three of the girls had let their hair down for the medal ceremony - Anna really does have hair to rival Alexandra! You were right, flanker, when you said people just don't talk as much about it.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anna Shcherbakova said after winning the Russian Championship in Krasnoyarsk that she plans to master the triple Axel.

“ I am very pleased first of all with my skating run, almost everything I had planned turned out. There were some flaws, but overall I managed and I am happy that I go to the main starts. I am very glad that I did not spoil my mood before the New Year, I will celebrate together with my family at the cottage, I’d like to thank everyone - coaches, relatives, fans. "

“ This is the second time I’ve arrived before the music ended and had to take an extra step before the last rotation. It happens, but is undesirable. I’ll be working on a triple Axel now, I’ll try to master it and insert it into the program. "
-----

Hopefully I am able to piece together the various quotes from press conferences into one cohesive posting.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anna's heartfelt message of genuine thanks

anna__shcherbakova_
Verified

"Well, the first half of the competition season ended with the Russian Championship! ������⛸
And this is the second time I participate in it. I can say that this time I was much more excitied! And its result is even more pleasant) ��
I really want to thank my coaches! After all, this championship was not an easy task: selection for the main starts of the season, as well as 3 quadruple jumps in my free, and we managed!
Спасибо Thank you so much for your support, the right attitude and faith in me ♥ ️✨
And, of course, I want to thank Krasnoyarsk for such a warm welcome, despite -30. I was extremely pleased to feel your support, to see very nice posters in the stands, you gave me incredible emotions and energy! ����
THANKS!
Well, now there is a little time to relax, spend time with the whole family, who were also very worried about me, I love you very much����
And in the new year, we will return to training with renewed vigour! ⛸

-----

10K likes in one hour!

Vemvane

On the Ice

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I'm late but congratulations to Anya for becoming Russian National Champion once again and for skating 2 amazing programs! :hap10::yahoo:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anna's official FFKKR interview by Olga Yermolina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Yho-US15A

Again, Anna talks freely and fluently, giving a complete resume of her experiences, acclimatisation, the realisation of her planned content, the few tiny errors she wants to correct.

After the free skate victory and the hectic evening that followed, she didn't fall asleep till 4 am.

Anna Shcherbakova, winner of the 2020 Russian Championship, spoke about her impressions of the tournament:

- A sea of ​​positive emotions. Before this Russian championship, I was very worried, there was much more excitement than in other competitions. I am very glad that I coped with the programs, with my own elements.

Of course, it’s impossible to call this skating run ideal anyway, there were some flaws. Errors that we will correct, find where to improve, increase difficulty. But at the moment I have completed my task, and I am very happy about this.

-- There was also the selection for the European Championship. There was no thoughts likes to make the program simpler, but more reliable, so that you can already be selected with certainty?

- There were no thoughts about this, because I want to raise my difficulty. If I'd make the program easier, I will stand still, but I want to progress and skate out a more complex set, so that I can be more confident in important starts.

-- How did preparations go here in Krasnoyarsk? Were you much affected by acclimatisation?

- Acclimatization was small, but it didn't affect me much. The first trainings were successful, I was well prepared, everything was fine before the short program.

In the training session before the free, there were some mistakes, it was not at all perfect. But I know this happens and after that you just need to get yourself together, so for me it was just a warm-up.

-- How did you spend the evening after you won?

- Yesterday I still did not realise what happened. There was still some kind of tension, as if nothing has ended. But nothing unusual, except that I couldn't fall asleep until four in the morning.

-- What would you wish yourself in the New Year?

- Health, confidence, so I can carry out all my plans.

Scott512

Record Breaker
anna__shcherbakova_
Verified

"Well, the first half of the competition season ended with the Russian Championship! ������⛸
And this is the second time I participate in it. I can say that this time I was much more excitied! And its result is even more pleasant) ��
I really want to thank my coaches! After all, this championship was not an easy task: selection for the main starts of the season, as well as 3 quadruple jumps in my free, and we managed!
Спасибо Thank you so much for your support, the right attitude and faith in me ♥ ️✨
And, of course, I want to thank Krasnoyarsk for such a warm welcome, despite -30. I was extremely pleased to feel your support, to see very nice posters in the stands, you gave me incredible emotions and energy! ����
THANKS!
Well, now there is a little time to relax, spend time with the whole family, who were also very worried about me, I love you very much����
And in the new year, we will return to training with renewed vigour! ⛸

-----

10K likes in one hour!

Anna ballerina is even more amazing than 10,000 likes in 1 hour! She always says the right thing and is unbelievably polite and classy. She is such a fierce competitor and very tough too although her fragile and delicate physiognomy defy such toughness and strength. Whoever thought she would be doing this as a senior and winning back-to-back national titles against the greatest competition the ladies discipline has ever seen from one country at one time? Remember Anna had a broken leg just 2 years ago. But it's like that never even happened. Amazing.

mimithemermaid

Rinkside
Late to the party, but I'm so thrilled Anna was able to repeat as Sr National Champion! I know there are plenty of people who love her, but equally, it often seems like people push her to the side compared to Alena or Sasha (and some even go so far as to call her the 'weak link of 3A' which is rude and unkind), so it was really great to see her deliver two wonderful programs. She's definitely a force to be reckoned with and I can't wait to see how the rest of her season (and future seasons) go.

Scott512

Record Breaker
As has been said somewhere else, whenever people start doubting her, she adds a random quad and wins again! :laugh:

She does add major moves like they're nothing like it's a day at the beach its incredible.

At least we won't hear any more about Anna being the weak link of 3A. Lol. Reality is there is no weak link. All three are absolutely incredible. We should appreciate what they are doing because we may never see it again in the future.