Ashley Cain-Gribble & Timothy LeDuc | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ashley Cain-Gribble & Timothy LeDuc

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a great interview of Ashley and Tim, posted today. It was "for Russian media." dated 2/6/22.

Excerpt:

[quote from Tim]: "So, yes, there will always be criticism. But I would like to appeal to all people who face criticism and pressure – do not let it broke you. Be yourself. You deserve your place in this world just like everyone else.

Look at me and Ashley – we went through the same thing. We’ve been criticized countless times, both of us have been told many times, “No, this sport doesn’t need you.” And here we are. Two-time US champions, participants of the Olympic Games. And we carry it in ourselves, show the world what makes us unique. I hope this will inspire people who have been in similar situations."

Last edited:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Group hug posted by Ash after Chock/Bates won the FD. The entire US contingent, not just those who got to skate, seemed so absolutely ecstatic for the team, it was great to see! And the athletes who did skate were so appreciative of the support!
I mean, people sometimes post what in their opinion, skating "should be."

But THIS (what I bolded) is what I feel figure skating should be. :points::rock::rock:❤️❤️❤️

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
OOOOooooh, oooh, oooh -- I just now saw the really cute fluff piece on A&T on Peacock! " How well do Cain-Gribble and LeDuc know each other?" It was very fun -- esp. Tim seemed to enjoy it, and they didn't carry on too long with it, just enough to be great fun.

Ok, so the Peacock link was blocked -- if you have Peacock, go to "Olympics" then "Figure Skating" and just scroll through to find it.

Last edited:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OOOOooooh, oooh, oooh -- I just now saw the really cute fluff piece on A&T on Peacock! " How well do A&T know each other?" It was very fun -- esp. Tim seemed to enjoy it, and they didn't carry on too long with it, just enough to be great fun.

Ok, so the Peacock link was blocked -- if you have Peacock, go to "Olympics" then "Figure Skating" and just scroll through to find it.
That is fun, and I learned a few new things about Ashley and Timothy!

FYI, the link said "Unavailable in your area." But I tried it anyway and voila! I got to view it. :)

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone see Ashley and Timothy during practices? I haven't been watching practices, but I'd love to hear a report from anyone who has.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Has anyone see Ashley and Timothy during practices? I haven't been watching practices, but I'd love to hear a report from anyone who has.
Not in like 5 days or so. It went well for both US pairs, although when it was A&T's music, if they just skated a section of the program and paused, the camera would move to Alexa & Brandon and then not get back to A&T in time, so I didn't see a whole lot. I wonder what Jackie has posted?

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I only now read Jackie Wong's preview, where he mentioned Ashley's hard fall, and he said she's been resting her right leg since then. And I was so hoping that the Pairs event == with my highlight being Ashley and Timothy's programs -- would be such an uplifting breath of fresh air, after today's event. But even today, there was a silver lining -- I loved Mariah's and Alysa's skates very much and was so happy that they were each able to create an Olympic moment. Whatever their hopes or expectations might have been, they seized the moment and made a beautiful experience out of it.

That's what I'm hoping for Ashley and Timothy for tomorrow and Saturday.

So in that spirit, let's all create a positive circle :ghug::pray::ghug: and hope that whatever happens, Ashley and Timothy will create their Olympic moment, even with this worrisome accident. Heck, we can manifest it!

They've overcome so much just to be here. And I remember Javi Fernandez' triumphant skates (I think it was 2016 Worlds?) when he won, even though he couldn't skate or jump for days before the FS. If I remember correctly, Brian Orser reminded Javi that he usually practiced really well on Monday, after a week-end off. So the principle held.

I'm still looking for a joyful skate from Ashley and Timothy. And maybe skating their programs the way they've been training them so well ... after a few days of rest! . ❤️ Everything is possible.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Promising news: Jackie’s notes indicate that Ash & Tim practiced ok just now; did the sbs loops cleanly. They marked many elements in the run-through, but many pairs were doing that. No mention of any issues for them. I’m feeling more hopeful.