Attention span | Golden Skate

Attention span

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
LOL! Well, I think it is much deeper than that....I am not an MTV person but I have seen videos...way too many videos....on jumbotrons at skating events where each "scene" lasts a second or less.....just like on music vids on MTV. I cant watch these....I have to wonder how people who DO like these can read a book? Or work on complex problems?

Nothing a little Adderall won't solve.

Well, it's certainly true that the long program in figure skating is too long and repetitious, especially the men.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I have a horrendous attention span, but that's one of the reasons I like skating so much. Everyone skates to something different (except when they don't, and it's POTO after POTO...) and the programs are all shorter than 5 min. There's no way I could ever sit through a long football game, and I hardly watch movies any more because I get bored so easily. But I don't agree that LPs are too long and repetitious...well, it depends of course. If it's someone I can't stand and/or music I can't stand, then it can feel like eternity, but that's when I just start playing with my tablet or switch to another window on the computer. I would never want the programs to be cut shorter, though.