Austrian National Championships | Golden Skate

Austrian National Championships

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Hello everyone, I was advised to start a separate thread to gain this topic more visibility, so here goes:

Austrian Nationals will take place from 10th to 12th December 2020 in Linz. Due to Covid restrictions no audience is allowed at the event, but there will be a live stream: https://www.youtube.com/user/idealwebtv

The competition schedule in local time for seniors is as follows:
Friday, 11.12.2020
19:10-19:49 Ladies' SP
19:49-20:28 Men's SP
20:28-20:40 Pairs' SP

Saturday, 12.12.2020
19:43-20:16 Ladies' FP
20:17-20:57 Men's FP
20:58-21:15 Pairs' FP

Notable entries include Miriam Ziegler and Severin Kiefer in pairs and Maurizio Zandron in men.
Austria does not have a senior dance couple at the moment, so no senior ice dance competition will be held.

A full schedule including novice and junior competitions as well as the results can be found here: http://skateaustria.vs91-250-98-130.cloud-he.de/img/competition/6.2020_21/020/index.htm

Looking forward to maybe seeing some of you for a live watch party and discussion in this thread! 😺

Last edited:

MaHa75

On the Ice
But why Presendorf is not in the list? Does somebody have information?
And one more question about Olga Mikutina ..has she changed the coach? She was in Nebelhorn alone!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Glad to see Maierhofer on the entry list.
Yes, I am also very glad to see Luc Maierhofer on the entry list, he is my favourite Austrian singles skater. I was really looking forward to seeing him skate live last year at Austrian Nationals, but unfortunately he withdrew a couple of days before the competition, so I hope this year I can at least watch him via the stream. I'm curious if he kept his programs from last season, his SP at JGP Egna was just sublime! :love2:

But why Presendorf is not in the list? Does somebody have information?
And one more question about Olga Mikutina ..has she changed the coach? She was in Nebelhorn alone!
According to the Skate Austria website, Stefanie Pesendorfer is injured and will not be able to attend Nationals. A pity, she had a nice FP skate at Nebelhorn Trophy.
As for Olga Mikutina, I am pretty sure she is still with her coach Elena Romanova. I think I also spotted Romanova in the Nebelhorn live stream, though it's gone now from youtube, so I can't check to make sure.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Live stream for day 1 (Thursday):

Live stream for day 2 (Friday):

Live stream for day 3 (Saturday):

Second live stream for day 3:

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
The day one stream has been taken down due to music copyright.
Yes, I've noticed that as well :(. I can't find an alternative at the moment, but if a recording of the live stream of day 1 pops up, I will post it here.

The current live stream for day 2 works fine though and the camera person also does a pretty decent job!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Favourite Olga Mikutina with a fall on the combo and a fluke fall in the step sequence. Her interpretation skills are greatly improved, she seemed very engaged with her program.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Olga has a good lead. Is she the favorite to win overall?
Yes, Olga is definitely the favourite. The only Austrian lady that could potentially come close to her is Stefanie Pesendorfer, and she is currently injured.

for the men it will be a battle for the SP lead between Maurizio Zandron and Luc Maierhofer. While Maurizio probably has the technical advantage, Luc's components are superior, IMO.