Backspin - outside edge and blade position | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Backspin - outside edge and blade position

Chevalier

Rinkside
* OK. The following advice is not what I would consider good advice, but the least bad advice in your stated scenario :biggrin:
Already a much better way out than me just ordering them as is !👏🏻 Really appreciated
I got no problem in needlework but carpenter skills… that’s just another world.
But if you're a strong pronator like me, you'll likely need shims, and the full complement of screws will allow you to add shims safely and readily. [You can write back if you come to that. Thin shims are relatively easy to do (easier than IKEA kits :biggrin:); thick shims are more difficult.]

Hopefully I won’t need shims … but then I’ve been a strong pronator my whole life 🙃

So is this what I should do?
- get the shifted blades permanently mounted With all screws
- go test on ice and see if I drift when skating a straight line and whether I can get onto the inside/ outside edges like your post #4 (using Jackson/ original insole)
- if I fall onto the inside / have difficulty in getting onto the outside edge even with Jackson insole: add a thin shim

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Already a much better way out than me just ordering them as is !👏🏻 Really appreciated
I got no problem in needlework but carpenter skills… that’s just another world.

Hopefully I won’t need shims … but then I’ve been a strong pronator my whole life 🙃

So is this what I should do?
- get the shifted blades permanently mounted With all screws
- go test on ice and see if I drift when skating a straight line and whether I can get onto the inside/ outside edges like your post #4 (using Jackson/ original insole)
- if I fall onto the inside / have difficulty in getting onto the outside edge even with Jackson insole: add a thin shim
<<Emphasis added.>> That's basically it. But as I mentioned above, if you need further correction for pronation, prior to going the shim route, you can try a different insole first. But we can decide that once you get the skates and test them out. Good Luck!

Chevalier

Rinkside
<<Emphasis added.>> That's basically it. But as I mentioned above, if you need further correction for pronation, prior to going the shim route, you can try a different insole first. But we can decide that once you get the skates and test them out. Good Luck!
Thanks loads 🥰
Will be getting the 7degree jackson insole, if that really fails don’t think there’s one with even more correction 🙈
Fingers crossed jackson won’t be failing me (given my artiste purchase, though it’s 2 sizes too large and too wide)

The store needs some time for toe box modification (plus the fitter is currently on leave haha), shipping takes a month
Hopefully will be getting them before end of March
Can’t wait to get new skates after being in wrong ones for 5 years 🎉

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thanks loads 🥰
Will be getting the 7degree jackson insole, if that really fails don’t think there’s one with even more correction 🙈
Fingers crossed jackson won’t be failing me (given my artiste purchase, though it’s 2 sizes too large and too wide)

The store needs some time for toe box modification (plus the fitter is currently on leave haha), shipping takes a month
Hopefully will be getting them before end of March
Can’t wait to get new skates after being in wrong ones for 5 years 🎉
Good luck!:biggrin: