Best Romeo and Juliet program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Best Romeo and Juliet program

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Sasha's is my favorite for the same reason stated earlier, "Everyone else skates to Romeo and Juliet, she is Juliet." My other favorite is Yulia's. Not the 14-15 one, though. Her 11-12 FS. She was undefeated that entire international season and her performance at Junior Worlds was the first program I saw of hers. I thought it was fantastic and it brought me back to watching figure skating and I haven't stopped since.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wt6ivYjPfrY

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I rather liked Annika Hocke and Ruben Blommaert too at World's this year (at the OG it was a rather flat performance). By Abel Korneziowski.

iorii

On the Ice
First on top of the list is Yuzuru's. His R&J 1 is one of those programs that I rewatch from time to time, that I pull up whenever I feel sad or missing his skating.

Second is Marin's. Third is Yulia's.

As much as I love Alena Kostornaia, the music cut is ruining everything.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
I'm biased probably but my favourite one is Marin's :love::love::love: such a delicate, soft, gentle skating, portraying perfectly the fragility and beauty of Juliet. Just a gorgeous program! :luv17:
Yuzuru's R&J 1.0 always give me chills. His performance in Nice is one of my favorite skating performances ever, his passionate interpretation, the last Choreographic Sequence, the music cuts, everything just fall into place perfectly. He is a very close second. :luv17:

lurkz2

On the Ice
I enjoyed the version of G&G, even if they often had trouble that season with skating clean.

KlimovaPonomarenko had an ex to one as well, was that im 1995? Didn't both teams use the version of Tchaikovsky?

G&G will always be the best Romeo and Juliet for me, it’s such a pity Katia was having problems with her jumps during that season because of her growth spurt.

https://youtu.be/gSL-hpsFAtw

No other team comes close to the way their lines match, and their unison’s amazing.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Sasha's for sure the most memorable one. I also love Marin's and Soyoun's programs.

labgoat

Working on WTF Costumes with @elektra-blue
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Best Romeo & Juliet by discipline and interpretation

Pairs - Gordeeva & Grinokov, they were the star crossed lovers
Dance - (tie) Anissina/Peizerat were mesmerizing, Fusar-Poli/Margaglio were dramatic & emotional
Ladies - Sasha Cohen...perfect
Men - Yuzuru Hanyu, close second Daisuke Takahashi

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Funny about my timing, just before coming to GS and seeing this thread, I was watching Sasha Cohen and her 2003 exhibition to Romeo and Juliet.

Without a doubt, Sasha's performance stands out to me as one of the best. I was on another forum (not figure skating related) and I mentioned Sasha Cohen, and a woman from Australia thought I was talking about Sacha Baron Cohen. I posted a link to Sasha's 2003 exhibition on YouTube and got this reply:

"OMG, I have always loved this music, but this young woman just OWNED it!"

narcissa

Record Breaker
Yuzuru Hanyu's first Romeo and Juliet is my favorite free skate of his:luv17:

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
My personal favorite is probably Sasha's (like the rest of you), but Marin's is amazing too!

As much as I love Alena, those music cuts are so unappealing... so much lost potential.

Eleanor

On the Ice
Anissina and Peizerat will always be my favourite. I remember watching it on TV when I was a kid. Besides, I LOVE Prokofiev's version. The Death of Juliet is so intense.