Biathlon | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Biathlon

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Phew… women’s relay.. so much ups and downs for the teams... windy and lots of nerves. :dbana:
Was it very windy? My wife got into a car wreck (she is unhurt) so I couldnt watch any coverage.
Wind is terrible during the offhand.
Once I out shot the world champion at 350 yards cause I got a calm day to shoot and he got a windy day. Weather can play havoc on many of these sports....

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Was it very windy? My wife got into a car wreck (she is unhurt) so I couldnt watch any coverage.
Wind is terrible during the offhand.
Once I out shot the world champion at 350 yards cause I got a calm day to shoot and he got a windy day. Weather can play havoc on many of these sports....

Yes, but pretty much the same for all of them. Lots of penalty rounds. Only four teams, if I remember correctly, without any. Pity you couldn't watch, but good that your wife is fine.

MelDee

Final Flight
Dark horse of the race: Sweden :devil:

Called it! :biggrin:

Everything that Sweden achieved at these Games is so admirable, the whole team was so well prepared. This gold in the men's relay is the cherry on the cake!

The conditions on the last shooting were incredibly difficult, though unfortunately for Emil Hegle Svendsen, I suspected he wasn't gonna handle it - the messed up men's relay in Sochi has haunted him this whole quad and it must've been in the back of his mind even today. Still, a very impressive second place even with a penalty loop.

Congrats to Germany as well, getting onto the podium with 3 penalty loops is an amazing result.

Personal heartbreak: Czech Republic. Just... no comment.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Called it! :biggrin:

Everything that Sweden achieved at these Games is so admirable, the whole team was so well prepared. This gold in the men's relay is the cherry on the cake!

The conditions on the last shooting were incredibly difficult, though unfortunately for Emil Hegle Svendsen, I suspected he wasn't gonna handle it - the messed up men's relay in Sochi has haunted him this whole quad and it must've been in the back of his mind even today. Still, a very impressive second place even with a penalty loop.

Congrats to Germany as well, getting onto the podium with 3 penalty loops is an amazing result.

Personal heartbreak: Czech Republic. Just... no comment.

I give half of the credit to Wolfgang. He's such a super coach. Sweden was good before he left and went to the Russian women. No when he is back Sweden does well again. He's had a plan to build the team around the younger ones, as usual with extremely hard training. I was a little worried about Fredrik on the last lap, but I think he did his best competion today.

Sad for you... CZE was leading until the 6th shooting. I remember the chech women being very successful a few years back :) When is Koukalova supposed to be back?

MelDee

Final Flight
Sad for you... CZE was leading until the 6th shooting. I remember the chech women being very successful a few years back :) When is Koukalova supposed to be back?

I knew the lead wasn't gonna last, so I was enjoying it while it did, haha. I was hoping the men would finish in the TOP 6 though.

Gabi is supposed to be back next season, she's been undergoing treatment for her calves. A major goal of hers is definitely the World Cup stage in Nové Město, she'd love to compete in front of the home crowd again. I wouldn't be surprised if she decided to call it a career after the next season, although she has recently surprised me by her statement that she's hoping to experience the Olympics one last time. Whatever happens, I just want her to be healthy.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yes, but pretty much the same for all of them. Lots of penalty rounds. Only four teams, if I remember correctly, without any. Pity you couldn't watch, but good that your wife is fine.

Thank you. I think I recorded some biathalon tonight so I will watch it tomarrow night! I lMAO when they called cartridges/rounds by the name "bullets". You get three loose "bullets"! Maybe they should have a reloading press, dies,
powder and primed .22 cases at the station too.:rofl:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you. I think I recorded some biathalon tonight so I will watch it tomarrow night! I lMAO when they called cartridges/rounds by the name "bullets". You get three loose "bullets"!

I actually used that layman's terminology for badness on here last week as a test just to see if anybody would get wound up by it:

The wind is wreaking havoc with the biathlon too.

The Women's Individual, which was due to start in 50 minutes from now will now be run tomorrow before the Men's Individual, which will now start 20 minutes later than originally planned.

A wise decision. You can't risk bullets flying about all over the place...

CaroLiza_fan

But, nobody bit. :disapp:

I know, I'm a :devil:

Maybe they should have a reloading press, dies, powder and primed .22 cases at the station too.:rofl:

That would be an intersting idea! You would actually be able to visibly gauge what their pulse was like in the range by the amount of gunpowder they spilt... :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OH BOY! I think I recorded some biathalon last night! I will check the DVR on fast forward (or, as I like to say, the Tara and Johnny eliminator)
BTW, if you ever want to have some fun, and your DVR has the capibility, play the T and J show on about 1.3 > 2 times normal speed....